This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?

Go down 
+36
Ihsahn
Paratrooper1n0
Xmarksthespot
daveMastaKill
Blixtstorm
GrandMasterZillah
Jamin
ghost23
TheSnape
NightFang91
raspymanic1
Noelol
Scolar Visari
Shoke
NobelSniper
Pickles
Stigma
Invincible
Jack-__-Franko
Ozsem
zinc
GeneralMLD
theone.
Alan1994
Stoney
Boba_Fett
Arbiteris
Lethal Predator
DarK
DenEvo
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Pein
DemonWolf
Copernicus
PureSexySound
Blackou7
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:41 pm

theassassins wrote:
GT5 currently only has 11 reviews, that's not a lot of reviews. I would wait until there are more reviews for it to determine if it is a flop or not.

If it doesn't score more than 95 on Metacritic, 360 fanboys will declare it a flop. True story. Either way racing sims are boring. Sorry Blixt. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:01 pm

theassassins wrote:
GT5 currently only has 11 reviews, that's not a lot of reviews. I would wait until there are more reviews for it to determine if it is a flop or not.

Well actually, the score could drop even further.

From what I notice about game reviews. The more reviews there are the lower the average will be. Halo Reach started with a 94 and dropped to a 91. Fable 3 started with an 83 and dropped to an 80. Black Ops started with a 92 and dropped to an 88 (85 for PC).

Either way, an 86 is not a flop. A flop would be a game that scores 70-ish...

Was it overhyped? Yea. I remember someone predicting that GT5 will get somewhere between a 97-99 for its metascore. That's a rediculous expectation.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Copernicus wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Copernicus wrote:
It matched everything that it promised and more. That's living up to the hype.

No.GoW 3 was hyped to be best game of the year or something along the lines of that.But when the game came out, it had issues with its story.

If GoW 3 got high AAA like it was hyped to be, then it would have lived up to it.But it didnt

What issues? It ended the trilogy in a way that made sense for the character and the plot. Animations and graphics were the best of the year and it featured some of the most epic moments in a game to date. Not my GOTY, but certainly one of the best titles this year.

XBR, I guess...

Dude, you need to learn what "overhyped" means.It DOES NOT mean that the game was bad.It means it wasnt as good as it was hyped, which is completly true.

Overhyped does not mean flop either.You critisize XBR members yet you seem more stupid than them no offense
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:14 pm

LOL WOW

86 metacritic average..................didnt see that coming. I expected a 98 average or soemthing Razz

by the way guys, a flop is when a games reception DOES NOT meet its HYPE.

Hype = AAA
Reality = AA
Game = Flop.......even though AA is still amazing for a game.

Wow so Forza 3 is still king.....review wise.......and sales wise (for now Razz )
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Did any of you guys buy this game???
my install is taking me around 25min with 66% done.
FUck the install time i just wanna play it!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:40 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
LOL WOW

86 metacritic average..................didnt see that coming. I expected a 98 average or soemthing Razz

Hype = AAA
Reality = AA

Wow so Forza 3 is still king.....review wise.......and sales wise (for now Razz )

That would be crazy if it was 98.

GT5 will pretty much outsell Forza 3 pretty easily due to the Black Friday.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:44 pm

theassassins wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
LOL WOW

Hype = AAA
Reality = AA

forza 3 has a 3 million lead PLUS is bundled in the 250 gig 360

itll make it all the harder to catch up. besides, NA isnt GT strongest market
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:14 pm

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Its a flop fully. for the reason of the amount of years it took them to make it and it only got AA.

This isn't about sales neither which PS3 fanboys can't even counter on Smile.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Ozsem wrote:

Its a flop fully. for the reason of the amount of years it took them to make it and it only got AA.

Calm down it's only 11 reviews. and the game is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Jack-__-Franko
Seaman
Seaman
Jack-__-Franko

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:04 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
theassassins wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
LOL WOW

Hype = AAA
Reality = AA

Europe and Japan are GT Nut heads. including me. I bet by the End of Christmas GT5 will sell about 3 million. Amirite

Back to top Go down
Jack-__-Franko
Seaman
Seaman
Jack-__-Franko

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:06 pm

I should of merged it with the one above but who cares. DW does it Razz

Some of the best games i have played are AA. so really GT5 or any other AA game isnt a flop. but if it sells bad it is Razz
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
Ozsem wrote:

Calm down it's only 11 reviews. and the game is awesome!

12 now and its still at 86
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:04 pm

zinc wrote:
Did any of you guys buy this game???
my install is taking me around 25min with 66% done.
FUck the install time i just wanna play it!!!!!!!!!

I just picked it up on my lunch break and it's installing right now. I'll be playing it all night and tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:20 pm

DAMNNN!

I told those fuckers that were saying it'd get like a 98 or 99 that their expectations were too high but they wouldn't listen! Ya know I'm sure it's a good game but I was hearing shit like the racing games to end all racing games from one of my friends but now I can rub it in his face. Razz

A piece from the IGN review.

Quote :
Its brilliance on the track, however is matched by its sloppiness off of it, and there's a lack of polish that would at one time have seemed sacrilegious to the series.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:41 pm

I don't want to come off as a dick or anything but what's so fun about these Racing Sims?

Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:45 pm

I think its THE FIRST TIME that any review site praises GTs physics and destroys its graphics...lol, the world we live in...

Hey GT installers take heed, the game is a crash-athon as of right now, be careful when online.... damn, and to think ppl were complaining that F3 was a freezathon... GT gets it on LAUNCH DAY.. check GT Planet's forum if u dont believe, its up there in the GT5 section

PS, Flopza who now beetchez
Back to top Go down
NobelSniper

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:12 pm

It's not as good as the old Gran Turismos but it's not a flop, it will sell like hot cakes come it's release which is what Sony wants.
Back to top Go down
NobelSniper

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Jack-__-Franko wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
theassassins wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
LOL WOW

Hype = AAA
Reality = AA

Europe and Japan are GT Nut heads. including me. I bet by the End of Christmas GT5 will sell about 3 million. Amirite

it will sell more than 3M I'm guessing, play.com have shot up in terms of preorders, better for Sony the bundles have shot way up with Gt5 in too people are really anticipating this game.
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Shoke

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:03 pm

I don't know about some of these reviews, guys. An article on N4G says the review copies shipped out Monday. You think that's enough time to play a game and properly review it?
-BBC on Shokio's computer.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Shoke wrote:
I don't know about some of these reviews, guys. An article on N4G says the review copies shipped out Monday. You think that's enough time to play a game and properly review it?

Some reviewers didn't even mention anything about the online modes.
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Shoke

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Shoke wrote:

That's because the online wasn't even enabled until the game released. I dont see how you review a game when you've only had it for a day and the online wasn't even available yet. =/ But even so, many will take these few reviews and dub GT5 to be a flop when the actual flop are the reviewers.
-BBC on Shokio's computer
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Shoke wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Shoke wrote:

That's because the online wasn't even enabled until the game released. I dont see how you review a game when you've only had it for a day and the online wasn't even available yet. =/ But even so, many will take these few reviews and dub GT5 to be a flop when the actual flop are the reviewers.
-BBC on Shokio's computer
You bring up a good point. I liked MAG a lot (lol) and a lot of reviews came out before Zipper even put the servers up. I thought reviewers are suppose to be professional. A meaty content packed game like GT5 should be played for at least 15-20 hours before giving an honest review
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Perhaps they should have waited until it comes out to review it.Like they did with Star Craft 2
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 pm

It's not a flop if you buy it and like the game. Opinions>facts.
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Once GT5 gets the same amount of reviews as Forza 3 and is still lower then you can call it whatever you want. Also as Shoke(Jamin) said they got copies of GT5 on Monday and the first reviews came out today and late last night. That gives them 2-3 days to play a massive game like GT5, and write the review. Also as Alan said NO REVIEWER whatsoever even mentioned the online (which is awesome). Sounds fishy to me. It saddens me that some of you call GT5 a flop and don't call Alan Wake one even though the same EXACT thing happened to it. *goes to play GT5*

Last edited by Scolar Visari on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: