This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GT5 vs. Forza 3

Go down 
+10
Teckno
Invincible
theone.
Alan1994
Blixtstorm
DenEvo
Boba_Fett
GeneralMLD
Stigma
DarkSwarm85
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:05 am

They both do 60 frames per second, but GT5 has some issues with screen tearing.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:25 am

Gran Turismo 5 just got it's ass kicked. Forza 3 has way better graphics.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:29 am

GT has a slight edge......but given its longer dev cycle and since its released a year later its not surprising
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Stigma
Stigma

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:32 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
GT has a slight edge......but given its longer dev cycle and since its released a year later its not surprising

Suspect

Really? Are you hoarding a PS3 and a bunch of games that no one knows about? Forza 3 looks and runs a lot better.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:36 am

BlackStigma wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Suspect

Really? Are you hoarding a PS3 and a bunch of games that no one knows about? Forza 3 looks and runs a lot better.

lol hellz no. this vid seems to be a exception cause most things ive seen shows GT5 has a higher polygon count.

but graphics is more then mere polygon counts and forza 3 has those areas well polished

either way, people are seeing that GT5 isnt the perfect game they thought it would be
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:53 am

I hate these comparisons! Ps3 is always brighter! But like MLD said GT5 has an edge. Game wise though. My heart now belongs to GT5. Features on the game are OUTSTANDING! I love it so <3
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:03 am

When ur playing a racing sim, more so if you do it competitively, performance is the most important aspect is performance. If your game stutters going into a braking point and going into the apex of a turn, it can slightly confuse you... Thats why it is important. And if you judge the games like that, Forza has the edge, for now

Now, in terms of graphics, GT has a very slight edge.... but not how you think. The game, if you really look at it, is made to make you feel like is better than it actually is. Case in point, the cars, topography of the track and the actual road are made great.... but the ground textures are so-so, low res, many textures are missing normal and bump mapping in the track itself.... Then theres the awful shadow resolution, and the now infamous shadow flickering

That lasst paragraph may be confusing but sit down and look at the game and youll see what im on about.... I dont mean the game is not well made, but the focus is on what you see while racing, which is not a bad thing, but it just makes the game look confusing when you sit back and look
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:07 am

I have to say, GT5 looks better but for what price?

The framrate is all over the place! Just look at it!! The claim of 60fps on GT5 is bougus! I drops to 32 at one point during gameplay, and that is almost called freeze lag in computer talk.

lol. I just read the 70 score review on GT5.... from Denmark Razz

The funny thing is that Gamereactor Sweden almost always give it the same score as Denmark.. So dont be too sure that it will stay in high 80's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:25 am

I think it can go up... but the initial response, wasnt the greatest
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:54 am

Forza 3 seems to always be 59-60 FPS with litttle to no screen tearing.

GT5 has screentearing and occasionally drops to 44-45 FPS.

GT5 has better detail and better lighting on the premium cars. But the track detail is pretty lacking. It almost looks like the GT5 car is floating on some grey blob. That's how bad the road looks.

Forza 3? Way to much color. The lighting is also not as apparent as GT5's. Other than that, it seems to beat GT5 performance wise.

Last edited by Alan1994 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:12 am

Racing sims bore me. Although, I may get GT5.
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:26 am

I can't tell which is which? I Forza 3 on the left side?
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:34 am

theassassins wrote:

Racing sims bore me. Although, I may get GT5.

I've never been a big into racing games in general, but I must admit I'm having a lot of fun with GT5. It looks slightly better then Forza. GT5 is running in full 1080p after all.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:41 pm

theassassins wrote:

Neutral

You don't see the logos RIGHT UNDER THE CARS.
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Teckno wrote:
theassassins wrote:

Neutral

Oh ok, thanks.

GT5 looks better.
Back to top Go down

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Teckno wrote:
theassassins wrote:

Neutral

FAIL
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Neither look bad though gt5 has such bland track detail: I mean, it's like a pallet colour most of the way round! This is a friggin race track. Why the lack of tyre marks?
And I'm guessing the yellow car in this video is a standard, not premium car because it didn't have very good lighting on it at the end of the race.
But still, even if Premium cars look better than forzas then it only looks better 20% of the time. Because the standard cars on gt5 really don't match forzas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Wait, where's the big damage in GT5, where doors are falling off and hoods are blown away?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:07 pm

You know.... the more gt footage I see, the more interested I am in Forza 3. I may actually get it for my birthday or something.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Yo Demon, if you are serious about getting it, get the platinum hits version, the one that has top gear bits on the box... it has all the DLC so far, the DLC tracks(3 enviroments), and the New and exclusive STIG garage pack, with 6/7 new vehicles and 3/4 painted/customized cars. ONLY 30 dollars. Its a hell of a deal, Ive spent a lot of money on the car packs(not regretting it), but for the late bloomers it is pure win... oh and dont forget to visit forzamotorsport.net, a very helpful community of Forza racers and more importantly the official game forum

PS GT5 back to 86 on Metacritic
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 5:53 am

^
Sweet. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks a lot. I'll tell my sister or parents or someone to get it for my birthday Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LOLtoofunny

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:28 pm

FORZA SUCKS
NOW GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!
Back to top Go down
Teckno

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:41 pm

LOLtoofunny wrote:
FORZA SUCKS
What ever happened to quality trolls? Now we're left with these sub par ones.
Back to top Go down
LOLtoofunny

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:42 pm

NNAAA i m not one of those stealth trolls, takes too much time and effort. just easier to come out and say fuck YOU!
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Teckno wrote:
LOLtoofunny wrote:
FORZA SUCKS
What ever happened to quality trolls? Now we're left with these sub par ones.

Trolling is a art long forgotten Neutral

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Tumblr_lcl64lFLxn1qcgx6bo1_500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT5 vs. Forza 3   GT5 vs. Forza 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GT5 vs. Forza 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next