This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many ps3 owners are gamers?

Go down 
+8
theone.
Teckno
Jack-__-Franko
NightFang91
Scolar Visari
Freemon34'
Noelol
DemonWolf
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:23 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

I don't care what your definition of gamer is.
If you own only 4 games, I assume you know little about video games. And so that ties in with my original point, that loads of ps3 owners know little about games because some of them clearly don't know what Legend Of Zelda is like.

You're making sweeping generalizations and drawing dumb conclusions. If the typical PS3 owner owns 4 ps3 games, that doesn't tell you how many games for other systems that person own. Up until recently I only owned about 4 PS3 games but that doesn't make me less knowledgeable about video games than others. The amount of games you own for any system doesn't say jack shit about how much of a gamer you are.

It isn't exactly hard to find retards in either camp of the PS3/xbox360 console war.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:25 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

If you own only 4 games, I assume you know little about video games. And so that ties in with my original point, that loads of ps3 owners know little about games because some of them clearly don't know what Legend Of Zelda is like.

You're making sweeping generalizations and drawing dumb conclusions. If the typical PS3 owner owns 4 ps3 games, that doesn't tell you how many games for other systems that person own. Up until recently I only owned about 4 PS3 games but that doesn't make me less knowledgeable about video games than others. The amount of games you own for any system doesn't say jack shit about how much of a gamer you are.

It isn't exactly hard to find retards in either camp of the PS3/xbox360 console war.

So you're telling me that nearly every ps3 owner owns the other system and own more games on that?
Okay then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:22 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

So you're telling me that nearly every ps3 owner owns the other system and own more games on that?
Okay then. Very Happy

That's funny, becaue I have 40 PS3 games.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:11 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

Okay then. Very Happy
No, I'm saying that the amount of games someone own for any given system doesn't say anything about whether that person is a less of a gamer.

An xbox 360 owner can own 10 shitty casual shovelware games, while the ps3 owner owns 4 "core" games. That doesn't make the xbox owner more of a gamer.
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
That's cuz all the members of XBR represent ALL kids across the globe.
Rolling Eyes

lol I know, it was very fanboyish of me to generalise
But it ties in with the typical assumption that ps3 fanboys aren't gamers because most bought it just for blu-ray. Razz

Who would buy a PS3 just to watch Blu-Ray movies? that sounds stupid dude.
No offense.

How aren't they gamers? They play games. Gamers.

Sorry, let me rephrase. Not just for blu-ray, but as the whole package. They may want to get a blu-ray player but think, "well, ps3 is a whole multimedia hub, and I can play the occasional game on it too. so what the hell." and buy it.
Their intention was probably not to even get it solely for games.

Plus here are some stats:

The average ps3 owner, owns 4 to 5 games.
The average 360 owner owns 8 games.

Razz

Well, I'm obviously not the average gamer though.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:03 am

DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Rolling Eyes

But it ties in with the typical assumption that ps3 fanboys aren't gamers because most bought it just for blu-ray. Razz

No offense.

Sorry, let me rephrase. Not just for blu-ray, but as the whole package. They may want to get a blu-ray player but think, "well, ps3 is a whole multimedia hub, and I can play the occasional game on it too. so what the hell." and buy it.

Razz
Bro, those are old attach rates. =/ I'm talkin 2006-2007 old. The current attach rates are 8.1 for PS3 and 8.8 for 360. GOOGLE IT.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 am

OMG! Jamin you're the biggest PS3 fanboy ever! Serious bro? Could you be anymore sensitive?

360 has an attach rate of 8.9, not 8.8!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29249/NPD_Microsoft_Attach_Rate_Hits_89_PS3_Supply_Improving.php

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:11 am

BlackStigma wrote:
OMG! Jamin you're the biggest PS3 fanboy ever! Serious bro? Could you be anymore sensitive?

360 has an attach rate of 8.9, not 8.8!

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29249/NPD_Microsoft_Attach_Rate_Hits_89_PS3_Supply_Improving.php

Rolling Eyes
LMAO!! ACK! I've caught! XD But yeah, the afterdawn site says 8.8. But its not much of a difference. XD No one owns a tenth of a game...OH WAIT YES WE DO, WE GET THE REST FROM DLC SPAMMING DEVS. XD
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:07 am

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Rolling Eyes

No offense.

Razz
Bro, those are old attach rates. =/ I'm talkin 2006-2007 old. The current attach rates are 8.1 for PS3 and 8.8 for 360. GOOGLE IT.

ah Very Happy
I've been pwnt
and i wouldve gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling jamin!

But still... 0.8 is a massive difference!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:45 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Rolling Eyes

No offense.

Razz

ah Very Happy
I've been pwnt
and i wouldve gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling jamin!

But still... 0.8 is a massive difference!! Laughing
Its .7
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:50 pm

^
8.9 - 8.1 = 8
omfg hard maths
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:05 am

DemonWolf wrote:
^
8.9 - 8.1 = 8
omfg hard maths

Let him be, he is a freshman XD
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 pm

lolz Noel. EPIC FAIL. Razz
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Lol noel sucks at math

Well Paedo's where never known to be mathematics....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many ps3 owners are gamers?   How many ps3 owners are gamers? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How many ps3 owners are gamers?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Other Gaming (General Talk)-
Jump to: