This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

343 working on a Halo: CE remake?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Or I could say back up your statement with a link or you're the one talking out of your ass. See how that's a two way train?
In my original post I was talking about the space available on DVDs, which is true. You guys were the ones that stated that Halo only takes up a few GB on a disc. So who was talking out the ass???

*sigh* can you prove that the Xbox version of Halo takes up more than Alan said, or not?
Can Alan prove they take up that much? No. Can I prove they CAN take up that mu ch? Yes

*facepalm* Then do it...

Arbiteris wrote:
guys just STFU.Who cares.Its prety damn obvious that they will be able to fit 2 last gen games on 1 disc.If they can put Crysis 2 on 360, then im sure as hell they could do it for Halo 1 and 2

lol
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:45 pm

America wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
They should just do a collection with Halo CE and 2 on one disc...with multiplayer Very Happy
Can't 1 DVD won't hold 2 DVDs

Cock Block Very Happy

If I am not mistaken, the newer DVDs can hold both Halo's.

The old DVDs held 7GB, DVDs still hold the same, but since ~2002 have had the ability to duel layer(lilke on Halo 2). So 7(Halo 1) and 9(Halo 2) won't go into 9 no matter how hard you try. Plus unlike Blu Ray, you can't update the disc its self or else DVD players would be fucking up because they couldn't update because of newer discs.

Halo 1 and Halo 2 come up to about 3 GBs. Halo 1 on PC was about 1-2 GBs.

Even with an HD update and NO compression done at all, They should be able to fit both games and then some.

Try not to talk out of your ass.
From 'My Computer" it says that Halo 1 on the PC has a 650MB Save File, 2GB install, 500MB of MP Updates(and I have 2 GB of mods on my copy), along with a few more megabites of modable settings(no I didn't mod them, these were actually from the install). Even without the mods thats more than 1-2 GB. Try not to talk out your ass Smile

Plus, since I can't find any link on Google about how much space Halo 1 and 2 take up on the DVD, its safe to say that it takes up more than 3 GB do to things like pirating protection, and please give a link to back up your statement or you're the one talking out your ass.

Yea the main game is a little more than a GB on PC. They have updates and installs but that's standard stuff on PC. I didn't talk out of my ass. In fact you reinforced my point. If both Halo 1 and 2 come up to a couple GBs then what's stopping 343 from putting the games on one DVD? Pirating protection is already pre-installed on an Xbox 360 game disc. 7 GBs from the disc can be used for game content..the 1.5 GBs used for pirate protection does not add to the amount of space the Halo games take on the disc.

http://download.cnet.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved/3000-7441_4-10235611.html

Halo CE is 131 MB without any of the "updates" (which probably won't be needed on the Console versions anyways).

I couldn't find the concrete number for Halo 2. But it couldn't possibly be higher than a couple GBs.

You tell me to "provide links" yet you didn't in your original post. It's also stupid how you think 2 last gen games can't "fit" on one disc. The newer Halo games have twice as much content and way better graphics than the older Halo games. I shouldn't even need to provide links or numbers, the conclusion can be derived from COMMON FUCKING SENSE.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:11 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
343 remake Halo: Combat Evolved.
Rare remake Killer Instinct. Viva Pinata is gay.
ULTRA COMBO!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:57 am

Alan1994 wrote:
COMMON FUCKING SENSE.

THIS
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

Yea the main game is a little more than a GB on PC. They have updates and installs but that's standard stuff on PC. I didn't talk out of my ass. In fact you reinforced my point. If both Halo 1 and 2 come up to a couple GBs then what's stopping 343 from putting the games on one DVD? Pirating protection is already pre-installed on an Xbox 360 game disc. 7 GBs from the disc can be used for game content..the 1.5 GBs used for pirate protection does not add to the amount of space the Halo games take on the disc.

Halo CE is 131 MB without any of the "updates" (which probably won't be needed on the Console versions anyways).

I couldn't find the concrete number for Halo 2. But it couldn't possibly be higher than a couple GBs.

You tell me to "provide links" yet you didn't in your original post. It's also stupid how you think 2 last gen games can't "fit" on one disc. The newer Halo games have twice as much content and way better graphics than the older Halo games. I shouldn't even need to provide links or numbers, the conclusion can be derived from COMMON FUCKING SENSE.

Thats a download version of the game. Games always take up less space from download versions. My numbers came straight from the disc based version of the game.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:12 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Or I could say back up your statement with a link or you're the one talking out of your ass. See how that's a two way train?
In my original post I was talking about the space available on DVDs, which is true. You guys were the ones that stated that Halo only takes up a few GB on a disc. So who was talking out the ass???

*sigh* can you prove that the Xbox version of Halo takes up more than Alan said, or not?
Can Alan prove they take up that much? No. Can I prove they CAN take up that mu ch? Yes

*facepalm* Then do it...
Since you are too lazy to search DVD on google or wiki here you go. Read all you want to about DVD space.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:55 pm

America wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Thats a download version of the game. Games always take up less space from download versions. My numbers came straight from the disc based version of the game.

Dude, you know what?

WHO CARES?

Based off of your numbers the disc version was approximately 3 GBs. And even then PC games tend to take up more space than console games because of the variations of different hardware requirements and support.

An Xbox 360 game disc and hold up to 7 GBs. Halo 1 and 2 could EASILY fit into that even if they were completely remade with the Reach engine.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

Dude, you know what?

WHO CARES?

Based off of your numbers the disc version was approximately 3 GBs. And even then PC games tend to take up more space than console games because of the variations of different hardware requirements and support.

An Xbox 360 game disc and hold up to 7 GBs. Halo 1 and 2 could EASILY fit into that even if they were completely remade with the Reach engine.
I found 2 flaws there.

1) DVDs hold 9 GB Smile

2) The engine of a game can hog up some space for what should be simple actions. If Halo Reach used the Halo 1 engine, It'd take up probably 1/5 of the size it did.

And I found the install size for Halo 2. Its 7 GB. http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/halo2.aspx
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:01 am

America wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Dude, you know what?

WHO CARES?

I found 2 flaws there.

1) DVDs hold 9 GB Smile

2) The engine of a game can hog up some space for what should be simple actions. If Halo Reach used the Halo 1 engine, It'd take up probably 1/5 of the size it did.

And I found the install size for Halo 2. Its 7 GB. http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/halo2.aspx

An Xbox 360 disk can hold around 7 gigs because of DRM or whatever.

You can find the size of the install here.
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

Look up Crysis. What does it take up? 12gigs? wtf? It comes on 1 DVD disk yet the install size is 12gigs, 3 more than a DVD can contain. PC games are installed, they are not running on the disk itself. America, using a PC game as an indicator of how much space a game on an Xbox disk takes up is a very crappy way of doing so. And to further my point, I am currently looking at the downloadable copy of Halo CE on my 360. 2.35 gigs it takes. Look at the inconsistency!

Halo 1 and 2 can fit on 1 Xbox 360 disk because they are 9 and 6 year old games on an older system. The games can be compressed even further on more recent engines and be made to run in 720p resolution on one disk.
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:07 am

Why remake it? Leave Halo CE the way it is
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 am

BlackStigma wrote:
America wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Dude, you know what?

WHO CARES?

I found 2 flaws there.

1) DVDs hold 9 GB Smile

Look up Crysis. What does it take up? 12gigs? wtf? It comes on 1 DVD disk yet the install size is 12gigs, 3 more than a DVD can contain. PC games are installed, they are not running on the disk itself. America, using a PC game as an indicator of how much space a game on an Xbox disk takes up is a very crappy way of doing so. And to further my point, I am currently looking at the downloadable copy of Halo CE on my 360. 2.35 gigs it takes. Look at the inconsistency!

Halo 1 and 2 can fit on 1 Xbox 360 disk because they are 9 and 6 year old games on an older system. The games can be compressed even further on more recent engines and be made to run in 720p resolution on one disk.

The reason Crysis takes up 12GB is because only 5GB is from the actuall install then the other 7GB is save data that is used from that installed data and the remaining 4GB on the disc.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071118203827AAs6Pnt

Then one part of your statement you got right, the other you got wrong. The part you got right was that they can compress old data into new data, BUT with them putting it on recent engines like the Halo Reach engine, Havoc engine, or Frostbite engine. It'd require require more space to do the same action compared to doing it on an old engine. Look at the GOW collection. Those still used the same engine as on the PS2. I don't think if they used the GOW3 engine they could even fit on a DL Blu Ray, because GOW3 took up 35GB.

http://terminalgamer.com/2010/02/22/god-of-war-iii-takes-up-35-gb-of-space/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:15 am

TheAssassin wrote:
Why remake it? Leave Halo CE the way it is

I agree. Not a remake, do what Sony did with GoW collection. Maybe update the graphics but other than that leave it. Well besides Achievements ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:05 pm

America wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Dude, you know what?

WHO CARES?

I found 2 flaws there.

1) DVDs hold 9 GB Smile

1) Piracy Protection takes up around 2 GBs off of the dual-layered DVD. Hence why I said "Xbox 360 game disc" specifically.

2) Game engines rarely ever take more than 300-400 MBs of space.

It's a 7 GB install. PC game installations are usually blimped. And I've already told you that PC games generallly take up alot more space than console games because of the different hardware. Besides, the PC version of Halo 2 can run at 1080p with a high framerate. The console version just has to run at the bare minimum 720p.

Again, Halo 1 and Halo 2 CAN fit on a DVD together.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:10 pm

The game engine itself usually takes up less than 10 mb.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 pm

America wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
America wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Dude, you know what?

WHO CARES?

I found 2 flaws there.

1) DVDs hold 9 GB Smile

The reason Crysis takes up 12GB is because only 5GB is from the actuall install then the other 7GB is save data that is used from that installed data and the remaining 4GB on the disc.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071118203827AAs6Pnt

Then one part of your statement you got right, the other you got wrong. The part you got right was that they can compress old data into new data, BUT with them putting it on recent engines like the Halo Reach engine, Havoc engine, or Frostbite engine. It'd require require more space to do the same action compared to doing it on an old engine. Look at the GOW collection. Those still used the same engine as on the PS2. I don't think if they used the GOW3 engine they could even fit on a DL Blu Ray, because GOW3 took up 35GB.

http://terminalgamer.com/2010/02/22/god-of-war-iii-takes-up-35-gb-of-space/

You PROVED his point. The installation is huge because of all that extra crap. The game itself is significantly smaller in size. Halo Reach's engine already has many of the same assets as Halo CE. The Pillar of Autumn had been fully modeled, most of the enemies in Reach you will encounter in Halo CE, there are many of the same weapons and vehicles, etc.

For the GOW collection, they used an updated engine and it ran at 720p 60 FPS. The GOW Collection looked atleast twice as good as the last gen GOWs.

GOW3 took 35 GBs because of data duplication (to make the game load faster) and because textures were offloaded to the Blu-ray disc since the PS3 has memory issues.

But dude...SERIOUSLY just think about this... Do you HONESTLY think that Halo 1 and 2 (both being more than half a decade old) can't be remade in HD and fit on one disc? That's rediculous. They will make it work trust me.
Back to top Go down
Jack-__-Franko
Seaman
Seaman
Jack-__-Franko

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Halo CE owned.

I might go play it now Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

343 working on a Halo: CE remake?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2