This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Honest Views On Xbox 360

Go down 
+15
DarkSwarm85
day walker
Shoke
Arbiteris
Stigma
GamerKing
Jamin
zinc
Freemon34'
Alan1994
DenEvo
theone.
GrandMasterZillah
IcyMeteor
DemonWolf
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:05 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Btw I just named a few examples. I just think the best exclusives are not that great. I think some of the AA or even A exclusives are better.

Fair enough.

Oh I only just realised you've reached 1000 posts. Razz Nice one man.

Thanks, I deserve God, I mean Mod status.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Btw I just named a few examples. I just think the best exclusives are not that great. I think some of the AA or even A exclusives are better.

Fair enough.

Get a fucking avatar and sig already, you slag. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 pm

Jamin wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Fair enough.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good one, Jamin.
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:29 pm

I agree with you, I hate HALO.

But I disagree with you on Gears of war. I liked the story mode and also the Multiplayer because it really really hard and I like a challenge.

But I have to say very nice thread man.
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm

GamerKing wrote:

But I disagree with you on Gears of war. I liked the story mode and also the Multiplayer because it really really hard and I like a challenge.

Gears 2 multiplayer is fucking trainwreck from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Gears 2 multiplayer runs on dedicated servers now...or something. I tried it yesterday actually and it ran pretty smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Jamin wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Fair enough.

Nah, I feel special this way.

The fact that I have no avatar/sig passes me off as a troll.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:00 pm

theassassins wrote:
GamerKing wrote:

At launch it was. Oh man was it bad.

They released SIX huge patches and turned the online from meh to great. The game is for the most part glitch free and the lag issues has been significantly improved.
Back to top Go down
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman
GrandMasterZillah

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Wait, If you think you can button mash in Street Fighter 3rd Strike (And be successful), you're ignorant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zillah, don't try to argue with him, it just doesn't work Razz

And I agree with Halo, the campaign is stale and boring. 2D characters and very repetitive gameplay. Although I disagree with Mass Effect, I love that game to death, both of them.

lol right about Halo.
Yes mass effect 1 was absolutely amazing and mass effect 2 is as well but I found me2 not so exciting and even me1 isn't one of my absolute favourite games because I don't like sci-fi.

I mean coming from ME1, the second was a disapointment but I still thought it had that awesome story telling, atmosphere, characters, ect. But ME1 is probably my favorite game ever, I like GOOD sci-fi (not Halo sci-fi)
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:08 am

America wrote:

3DDGH is just like the old Zeldas, but didn't get the ratings because it was really similar to it. infamous is nothing like the POS known as Protoshit, and is my favorite game this generation. Valkyria chronicles on the PSP is really ugly but the PS3 is an artistic masterpiece and is really refreshing gameplay wise(its like ME's but with tanks, and its turn based). And For LBP, look into LBP2 because the game is nothing like the first and the one on the PSP. Someone already made a copy of MW2 but with an LBP feel(and it was an FPS with ammo count and everything).
Lol whatever. I don't think I can get immersed into a Lego wannabe game.
Well infagmous is not my kind of game. I think the whole "electricity shooting out of my hand!!" thing is lame.
Oh well, I only buy games when they're an artistic masterpiece so I'm definately getting a ps3 to play vk!!! Razz lol if the gameplay interested me in the slightest, I would have it by now. Got it?
I don't care about lbp2. I've seen what it's like... It's the same
as the first but with more creative options. I don't want it and I'm not desperate.
You know what game I do like? heavy Rain. That is ps3s best game imo. Sure it's like an interactive movie but it's awesome and reminds me of Broken Sword 3 to a certain extent. But yeah... I don't buy consoles for single games. Plus deadly premonition is much better! Laughing

No I'd rather have Twilight Princess, the best action adventure game this gen and monster hunter tri,super smash bros brawl, the best fighting game ever, mariokart, awesome kart racer (I've owned pretty much every mariokart game: n64, gamecube, gba, ds. So I may as well get the next one), goldeneye, a game that isn't futuristic or a desperate game intended to combat gaylo, marioparty which Is good fun, etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 am

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Wait, If you think you can button mash in Street Fighter 3rd Strike (And be successful), you're ignorant.

I don't care. It's shallow. I think super smash bros is absolutely amazing and it's my favourite fighting game ever but it's far from being the best game ever becuase fighting games are like... 2 dimensional. They have horrible disjointed storylines, very simplistic gameplay and let's face it, you never really go anywhere except for in MK where there'd that game mode where you can explore and do that stuff....
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:17 am

theassassins wrote:
GamerKing wrote:

Not exactly. It's way overexaggerated. It lags about as often (perhaps a bit more) as MW2 does.
It's not awful but it won't win any prizes for stable multiplayer.

EDIT: though sometimes you experience issues like everyone else freezes and you can just go up to them and kill them with a chainsaw lol
It doesn't always respond to it though.
Sometimes it's pretty serious but sometimes you'll go into a match and it'll be fine from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:59 pm

You guys are all retareded(and im not trolling when I say that)

Halo has a bad campaign?Wow, if halo has a bad campaign you must either 1:Hate FPS campaigns, 2:Hate sci fi or 3:Have horrible taste in what a good shooter campaign is.If Halo has a bad campaign, which shooter would have a good campaign?CoD?Gears?Resistance?Dont make me laugh lol

Ah well, you guys are in the minority.

Oh yea, Halo Reach has a better story than Mass Effect 2(thats gonna get some reactions lol).

Halo FTW!
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Halo has a bad campaign?Wow, if halo has a bad campaign you must either 1:Hate FPS campaigns, 2:Hate sci fi or 3:Have horrible taste in what a good shooter campaign is.If Halo has a bad campaign, which shooter would have a good campaign?CoD?Gears?Resistance?Dont make me laugh lol

Oh yea, Halo Reach has a better story than Mass Effect 2(thats gonna get some reactions lol).

Halo FTW!
WTF? Halo FAILS compared to Mass Effect 2. ME2 has:
My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 Mass_Effect_Kart_with_Boxart_by_XPator
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Shoke

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Dude, you sound more like the Wii should be your favorite system lol.

You don't seem too enthusiastic about 360 games. I understand that you said that you just don't like the main ones and sci-fi games, but if you take away the 360's main games, then you might as well go to another system because another system will excel in those other genres.

RPGs, adventure, platforming, fighting, all excel on the Wii. Just my take on it.

Quote :

I think he's talking about the gameplay, or more specifically, the repetition. Every Halo campaign has been TOO similar. Too much clear this are, go hear, clear that area out, now go over here, etc. Besides the EPIC deaths of the Noble Team Spartans, I couldn't get into Halo Reach's campaign. Too much of the same.

And then the AI STILL won't drive when you enter the back of a warthog!!! WHY!? It's been FOUR GAMES!!!!

EDIT: @Jamin; LMAO at Thane's expression xD
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Shoke wrote:
Dude, you sound more like the Wii should be your favorite system lol.

You don't seem too enthusiastic about 360 games. I understand that you said that you just don't like the main ones and sci-fi games, but if you take away the 360's main games, then you might as well go to another system because another system will excel in those other genres.

RPGs, adventure, platforming, fighting, all excel on the Wii. Just my take on it.

Quote :

I think he's talking about the gameplay, or more specifically, the repetition. Every Halo campaign has been TOO similar. Too much clear this are, go hear, clear that area out, now go over here, etc. Besides the EPIC deaths of the Noble Team Spartans, I couldn't get into Halo Reach's campaign. Too much of the same.

And then the AI STILL won't drive when you enter the back of a warthog!!! WHY!? It's been FOUR GAMES!!!!

EDIT: @Jamin; LMAO at Thane's expression xD

Umm, Halo has always been less reptitive than other shooters....

There is always a part of a level where your in a warthhod or a tank or a hornet ect ect.If you want "go here shoot these guys" game look at mostly every other shooter.Halo always mixes things up.One moment your blowing up guilty spark and the flood, the next moment your driving a warthog through an area thats blowing up everywhere.Its not like "go clear this room/buidling/street then go to the next one and clear it like Cod does

Though I do agree, it does sound like Demonfag would prefer the wii
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Halo FTW!

Halo has a deeper universe than most games. And so yeah, the story can definately be considered as one of the best of any video game.
And yeah it has a better storyline than ME2 because let's face it, 90% of mass effect is just going round planets looking for people to join your team.
But yes, as you said, I hate sci-fi. I already said. Sci-fi to me is just such a dull genre. Sometimes I can overlook that fact, examples are Mass Effect 1 and Halo's multiplayer has always been top notch.
But generally sci-fi does not appeal to me. And loads of things you are asking, I already covered, man. I said already that I love Modern Warfare 2's campaign. And ODST's campaign was good too.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:25 pm

[quote="Shoke"]Dude, you sound more like the Wii should be your favorite system lol.

I know, I think wii has some of the best first-party developed games out there.
And if you read the entire original post, I said that it's the top rated 360 games that don't appeal to me that much. It's the AA ones or A ones. Razz
But yeah, I prefer wii to ps3 tbh.

Quote :

No. Repetition isn't the problem. And I've only ever completed 2 campaigns of halo before. They've not been similar at all. I just don't find much to enjoy in them because they're just dull sci-fi. :/ ODST was good though, campaign wise.

Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Shoke

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Of course different things in the Halo campaigns happen, but you solve each problem the same way - SHOOT IT. Lol. Don't get me wrong though, that's about 99.9% of the shooters out there so I guess I can't really bash it.

I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that the Halo games' mission structures have all been much too similar for my taste.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Shoke wrote:
Of course different things in the Halo campaigns happen, but you solve each problem the same way - SHOOT IT. Lol. Don't get me wrong though, that's about 99.9% of the shooters out there so I guess I can't really bash it.

I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that the Halo games' mission structures have all been much too similar for my taste.

Oh yes, I'll definately agree with that.
But props to bungie for including vehicles and keeping the mission areas pretty open.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Jamin wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Fair enough.

My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 Hobo10
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:01 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Fair enough.

My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 Hobo10

Is that my grandfather??

Holy crap, it is.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:24 pm

I got a sig now.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I got a sig now.
LMAO!! lol! Alan...I hate you. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Honest Views On Xbox 360   My Honest Views On Xbox 360 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Honest Views On Xbox 360
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next