This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Skype Debate I just had.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 am

Ok, I just debated a subscriber of mine on Skype while Live on Ustream, and it was a lot of fun. It wasn't planned or anything, it was a spur of the moment type thing. The reason for the debate was that he was going to prove that Xbox Live is a better value and better service than PSN & Steam. It went for 50 minutes, but there were some pauses (when I was just speechless/facepalming) and when I had to fetch something and he had to fetch something. In the end, when his last argument fell, he conceded.

I'll upload it in about 2-3 parts on Youtube. It'll be shorter than what was recorded, since Ima take out the pauses, but I'll have the original file available for download. =P Look forward to it ya'll! It was quite funny!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:44 am

Then PSN+ yes

Then Steam? Free PC service and more games and features? Fuck no!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:42 am

Oh, right from the start we already know Steam is a better value service.
Hell, some would say psn is better value than xbl, and I can agree with that though if you can be bothered to pay for an online service, xbox live is better, not necessarily value-wise but better overall in terms of features.
But yeah Steam wins.
Also, add me, people if you have steam: unleashthewolves
I joined yesterday lol

Anyway I'm looking forward to see the debate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 498
Join date : 2009-12-02
Age : 35

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Jamin wrote:
Ok, I just debated a subscriber of mine on Skype while Live on Ustream, and it was a lot of fun. It wasn't planned or anything, it was a spur of the moment type thing. The reason for the debate was that he was going to prove that Xbox Live is a better value and better service than PSN & Steam. It went for 50 minutes, but there were some pauses (when I was just speechless/facepalming) and when I had to fetch something and he had to fetch something. In the end, when his last argument fell, he conceded.

I'll upload it in about 2-3 parts on Youtube. It'll be shorter than what was recorded, since Ima take out the pauses, but I'll have the original file available for download. =P Look forward to it ya'll! It was quite funny!

Yeah i saw you talking to him. I missed the skype chat cause it was late on in the UK.

That Ship guy was an idoit.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

Posts : 422
Join date : 2010-11-13
Location : Florence, Italy

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:04 pm

I must've fell asleep before the debate.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:05 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Then PSN+ yes

Then Steam? Free PC service and more games and features? Fuck no!

I'm guessing it depends on what games you prefer that Live, Steam, and PSN offer.

I don't really think more games = better.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:17 am

Pickles wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
Then PSN+ yes

Then Steam? Free PC service and more games and features? Fuck no!

I'm guessing it depends on what games you prefer that Live, Steam, and PSN offer.

I don't really think more games = better.

Content provided by the supplier.

This includes games, video, trailers, demos etc and all the features like party chat and so on.

PSN is better value then Live from the fact that is free, however PSN+ is a rip off since the content provided for the cost isn't justified.

Steam is also free and the content of game-related stuff is bigger then Live and PSN combined. But it is only a game service, you cant access Facebook or Twitter, surf the internet without using another application on the computer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
Then PSN+ yes

Then Steam? Free PC service and more games and features? Fuck no!

I'm guessing it depends on what games you prefer that Live, Steam, and PSN offer.

I don't really think more games = better.

Content provided by the supplier.

This includes games, video, trailers, demos etc and all the features like party chat and so on.

PSN is better value then Live from the fact that is free, however PSN+ is a rip off since the content provided for the cost isn't justified.

Steam is also free and the content of game-related stuff is bigger then Live and PSN combined. But it is only a game service, you cant access Facebook or Twitter, surf the internet without using another application on the computer.

wut
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:01 pm

lol I watched part 1. It was interesting. I think BBC made better points overall and was in general better at debating, but I think, no offense to that guy but he wasn't that great at debating. BBC, you should debate this with mld Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:16 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
lol I watched part 1. It was interesting. I think BBC made better points overall and was in general better at debating, but I think, no offense to that guy but he wasn't that great at debating. BBC, you should debate this with mld Wink
Well I'll need need MLD's measurements. I'm sure he'd want a tux that fits his corpse and a coffin that's just the right size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Skype Debate I just had.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skype Debate I just had.    Skype Debate I just had.  Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Skype Debate I just had.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» *IMPORTANT!* Debate Forum Rules!
» Spore Creatures and Drawn Images: Debate Thread
» skypeChess (Chess game between skype-contacts)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Everything else-
Jump to: