This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 Firmware update questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xxgtasaxx
Seaman
Seaman
xxgtasaxx

PS3 Firmware update questions Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Firmware update questions   PS3 Firmware update questions EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 am

If I start the download from system update, will I be able to pick up where I left off if i turn the ps3 off or will turning off my ps3 during the download process brick it or does that only apply to turning off during install.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Firmware update questions   PS3 Firmware update questions EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Turning off during a DL process with PS Store Content is fine, it'll continue where it left off. If its software it'll restart next time its on. If your installing, your HDD is fucked Smile
Back to top Go down
xxgtasaxx
Seaman
Seaman
xxgtasaxx

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Firmware update questions   PS3 Firmware update questions EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Freemon34' wrote:
Turning off during a DL process with PS Store Content is fine, it'll continue where it left off. If its software it'll restart next time its on. If your installing, your HDD is fucked Smile

This is just for firmware update, I have dial-up with my wireless router hooked up to the PC creating a small, yet slow home network and I know this will take forever which is why I needed to know if it would pick up where it left off and if my system would be trashed if I turned off while downloading the firmware update, not installing it, so thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Firmware update questions   PS3 Firmware update questions EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:25 pm

xxgtasaxx wrote:
Freemon34' wrote:

This is just for firmware update, I have dial-up with my wireless router hooked up to the PC creating a small, yet slow home network and I know this will take forever which is why I needed to know if it would pick up where it left off and if my system would be trashed if I turned off while downloading the firmware update, not installing it, so thanks for the info.

firmware will just restart, but be very careful when your installing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Firmware update questions   PS3 Firmware update questions Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 Firmware update questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: