This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Games You Missed Out On.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Games You Missed Out On. Empty
PostSubject: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:42 am

Post old games you missed out on and want to play them right now.

I'm buying some old Ps1/Ps2 games I missed out on. Seriously? I missed Metal Gear Solid? Really?

Also some of those survival horror games for the Ps2.

I know I can use an emulator but I always love the feeling of nostalgia I get when I find a copy of an old PS1 game still in it's original box!

I CAME BUCKETS WHEN I SAW FINAL FANTASY VIII with it's Manual in MINT CONDITION.

EDIT: Also Chrono Trigger, I can't believe I didn't get that game on the SNES. Fucking tragedy.

Ended up buying it for my DS and so far it's been my favorite game of all time.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 am

^
Yeah getting old games is fun. I sometimes buy those Big Box old PC games if I can find them in good condition with the manual and stuff (and then sell em online for 20x the price I got it for lolololololol)

I dunno, when I get retro games I usually get frustrated with them because naturally, they're not as developed as new games, as in: the checkpoint systems are usually flawed, the missions are sometimes tedious and silly - when these days most games just keep in the phenomenal stuff xD and sometimes the animation is just horrible.

But yeah, games I missed out on? Erm, I never played Resident Evil 4. I was actually considering getting RE4 on Gamecube with the chainsaw controller but I never did in the end. But I don't regret that or anything, It's just quite a major game which I missed out on.

I missed out on quite a lot of games on ps1 and n64. I only ever owned a few decent games on them. Like I missed out on Goldeneye on N64 and I missed out on MGS on ps1 too... but I don't like MGS anyway so no problemo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:46 am

I don't play JRPG's, so I skip the Final Fantasy games intentionally.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:03 am

I missed out on some of the really good nintendo first party games(I still had alot though) and the MGS series.Thoguh im planning to buy the MGS series on amazon next year.I bought alot of original xbox games the last year that I missed out on.Games like Kotor(great game)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:18 pm

I missed some SMT titles on the PS1 and PS2, I also missed Morrowind and Golden Sun 2.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
^
Yeah getting old games is fun. I sometimes buy those Big Box old PC games if I can find them in good condition with the manual and stuff (and then sell em online for 20x the price I got it for lolololololol)

I dunno, when I get retro games I usually get frustrated with them because naturally, they're not as developed as new games, as in: the checkpoint systems are usually flawed, the missions are sometimes tedious and silly - when these days most games just keep in the phenomenal stuff xD and sometimes the animation is just horrible.

But yeah, games I missed out on? Erm, I never played Resident Evil 4. I was actually considering getting RE4 on Gamecube with the chainsaw controller but I never did in the end. But I don't regret that or anything, It's just quite a major game which I missed out on.

I missed out on quite a lot of games on ps1 and n64. I only ever owned a few decent games on them. Like I missed out on Goldeneye on N64 and I missed out on MGS on ps1 too... but I don't like MGS anyway so no problemo.

You sick fuck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

You sick fuck.

If people are stupid enough to buy them, props to you DW.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:34 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

You sick fuck.

I hate it when people do that online.

I saw a copy of Rule Of Rose for the Ps2 NEW for goddamn 60 bucks and higher.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Pickles wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

You sick fuck.

So? Why do you hate it? If you don't like it don't buy it...
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

He means that he hates it because DemonWolf got Rule of Rose for 40 bucks and put it back on for 60 dollars. Effectively screwing Pickles out of 20 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:07 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

He means that he hates it because DemonWolf got Rule of Rose for 40 bucks and put it back on for 60 dollars. Effectively screwing Pickles out of 20 bucks.

Here's Final Fantasy VII for $196.00

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-Playstation/dp/B00000JRSB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291849498&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:15 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

You sick fuck.

lol thanks Jubjub but I'm not being evil. Here's the thing. I bought a game for like £1. I realised that online the lowest selling price for it is £30 (it's an old big box game). So I put it on a bid starting from £10. It sold at £20. See, I ain't a sick fuck. lol
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

You sick fuck.

lol thanks Jubjub but I'm not being evil. Here's the thing. I bought a game for like £1. I realised that online the lowest selling price for it is £30 (it's an old big box game). So I put it on a bid starting from £10. It sold at £20. See, I ain't a sick fuck. lol

You be hustlin' Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:31 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

You sick fuck.

Ha nice. But still, if you buy it for very cheap, and people are too lazy to look elsewhere to find it as cheap, and they buy it at a huge mark up, props to the seller.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:23 pm

^
Yup, two very valid comments. Razz
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:02 am

WIND WAKER! Sad
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:45 pm

The only thing I really missed out on was PS1 games. I went the N64 path and looking back it was the right choice. I've downloaded FFVII and Crash 3. They're great games...I wish I could of had both systems.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:39 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^

You sick fuck.

Ha nice. But still, if you buy it for very cheap, and people are too lazy to look elsewhere to find it as cheap, and they buy it at a huge mark up, props to the seller.

They're not too lazy. It's just really hard to find a game like Final Fantasy VII for less $200 in it's original box.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:00 pm

KOF XI
Dangun Feveron
Twisted Metal

That is all I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:42 am

Aksys wrote:
KOF XI
Dangun Feveron
Twisted Metal

That is all I can think of.

I'd recommend Twisted Metal Black.

It's the best one in the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games You Missed Out On.   Games You Missed Out On. Empty

Back to top Go down