This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My 60GB PS3 Died

Go down 
+5
Arbiteris
lightlamp
Freemon34'
Jamin
Lord_Orpheo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Purchased March 27, 2007 - Died December 5th, 2010. Sad

Filled out the online request form and payed Sony $130 to ship me their cardboard coffin to get it fixed. Should have my refurb in about another 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:46 pm

@_@ Dude, I don't think you're going to get that one back. I think they'll send you a NON backwards compatible PS3.
Back to top Go down

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:14 pm

^^ that would be fucking stupid. But it sounds like something a company would do
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Jamin wrote:
@_@ Dude, I don't think you're going to get that one back. I think they'll send you a NON backwards compatible PS3.
You pay 2 prices, the lower price gives you a slim. The higher price gives you a refurb of your current PS3 model, but it won't be your original.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Freemon34' wrote:
Jamin wrote:
You pay 2 prices, the lower price gives you a slim. The higher price gives you a refurb of your current PS3 model, but it won't be your original.
Thats ghey
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:33 pm

lightlamp wrote:
Freemon34' wrote:
Jamin wrote:
Thats ghey
There are also ways that let you get them fixed for free by sony Wink
Back to top Go down

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Freemon34' wrote:
lightlamp wrote:
Freemon34' wrote:
Jamin wrote:
Thats ghey
There are also ways that let you get them fixed for free by sony Wink

Sure there is, Freemon Wink
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Actually, there was an offer for me to pay an extra $100 to get my system "upgraded" to a 120gb Slim but I chose to save my money and just get another 60gb (with full b/c).

I'm not expecting to get my original back, just a refurb, and it stinks it only comes with a 3-month warranty. ::crosses fingers & hopes::

If I get a different unit back than a 60gb I pity the Sony Rep that's going to be on the other end of my infuriated call.

I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens. I just received my cardboard coffin today. Going to run to the gas station to use their air compressor to clean-out some of the dust in my system. Don't want Sony denying me service due to neglect.
Back to top Go down

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Lord_Orpheo wrote:
Actually, there was an offer for me to pay an extra $100 to get my system "upgraded" to a 120gb Slim but I chose to save my money and just get another 60gb (with full b/c).

I'm not expecting to get my original back, just a refurb, and it stinks it only comes with a 3-month warranty. ::crosses fingers & hopes::

If I get a different unit back than a 60gb I pity the Sony Rep that's going to be on the other end of my infuriated call.

I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens. I just received my cardboard coffin today. Going to run to the gas station to use their air compressor to clean-out some of the dust in my system. Don't want Sony denying me service due to neglect.

Here's hoping you get a full B/C version. That would be stupid if they didn't give you it.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:15 pm

what happened to my reply to jubby's post?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:28 am

Freemon34' wrote:

I was wondering that myself.Did you post a vid or something?
Back to top Go down

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Freemon34' wrote:

I was wondering that myself.Did you post a vid or something?

Just re post it?
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:44 pm

It sucks that you can't get the BC PS3 back.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:25 pm

My PS3 was shipped off this past Tuesday evening, Dec. 14th, at 6pm. I included a handwritten note explaining that if a refurb is necessary (which, I'll likely get a refurb as I understand it) then I ask for an original 60gb. Should be receiving my repaired / refurbed PS3 right around Christmas. Then I was told I'll have to phone Sony telling them to un-register my original PS3 so I can access their online store. Guess they don't do that first just in case they're able to fix my PS3 and ship me back the same unit. We'll see what happens & I'll keep ya posted.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Why did they get rid of B/C anyway?
Do they realise that was quite a major selling point to some people? Like, I never owned an original xbox and so it's cool that with my xbox 360 I can play games I wanted to play last-gen but couldn't. Not that I've got any of those games so far Laughing but the point is I could. Wink
Btw Lord Orpheo, @ your signature, Monster Hunter is epic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Stigma

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Do they realise that was quite a major selling point to some people? Like, I never owned an original xbox and so it's cool that with my xbox 360 I can play games I wanted to play last-gen but couldn't. Not that I've got any of those games so far Laughing but the point is I could. Wink

Money. It costs them no money to put it in, however with BC gone the PS2 still sells and now they can sell rehashed PS2 games as a collection.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Money. It costs them no money to put it in, however with BC gone the PS2 still sells and now they can sell rehashed PS2 games as a collection.

They also didn't want people buying games like NBA 2K11 for PS2 and playing it on their PS3. But if taking out BC is the reason I'm getting Shadow of the Colossus in HD next year, then good riddance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Got my PS3 back this past Thursday, two days before Christmas. It's a refurbed 60gb. Planning to play some "Resident Evil 3" for the first time during the New Year. Smile

Might as well lock this thread now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My 60GB PS3 Died Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 60GB PS3 Died   My 60GB PS3 Died Empty

Back to top Go down

My 60GB PS3 Died
Page 1 of 1