This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions

Go down 

Standard or Special Editions
Standard Editions
Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions Vote_lcap43%Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Special Editions
Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions Vote_lcap57%Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions Empty
PostSubject: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Just wondering, but do you guys prefer the Standard Editions of games or the Limited/Collector's ones? I have the limited and collector's editions of Gears 1, 2, and Forza 3. I just kinda stopped to think about it for a bit and I thought. Isn't that just a waste of money? The gold lancer and artbook were nice to look at for a while, but that's it, not worth an extra 10. I almost got the limited edition of Halo Reach for another $20 but I changed my mind at the end, good thinking. Do you guys like getting the special editions, and if so, why? I'm still conflicted with what edition of Gears 3 to get. On one hand I'm thinking the game will be amazing and I'll easily get my moneys worth even if I spend 70 or 80, but then I'm thinking I'm just wasting money that I could spend on another game.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Im willing to put out the extra cash for the games that I really like. I've never really had a limited edition which i was disappointed in. Also in Australia, where games retail for $100, an extra $10 or $15 doesn't really make a difference to me since i don't buy every game that comes out.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:53 pm

I usually get the better version of the game, but not all the time, i guess my collection is split 30/70 with normal taking up the majority of the games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Depends on the game. Resistance 2 I bought limited edition cause it was one of my favorite games ever, same with what I am going to do with ME3 and TES V, only for my most favorite series I spend the extra bucks.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:31 am

Ehh, it depends. I've only got one collectors edition of a game, which is Alan Wake. And tbh I didn't really take advantage of all that content. I haven't read the book yet, I did watch the dvd but it was only like an hour long and I've not listened to the soundtrack. While loads of these special/collectors editions are worth it, sometimes they're nearly pointless :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:04 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Ehh, it depends. I've only got one collectors edition of a game, which is Alan Wake. And tbh I didn't really take advantage of all that content. I haven't read the book yet, I did watch the dvd but it was only like an hour long and I've not listened to the soundtrack. While loads of these special/collectors editions are worth it, sometimes they're nearly pointless :/

Dude listen to the soundtrack, some of the music is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Depends. Some cost $60.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:33 pm

I usually always will buy the collectors if its a game that I know ill love(such as a sequel to a game I loved).

so far I got the....

Halo 2 limited edition
Halo 3 Legendary edition
Halo Wars limited edition
Halo ODST controller bundle pack
Halo Reach Legendary edition
Mass Effect 2 Limited edition
The Conduit limited edition
Gears of War two disc limited edition
Gears of War 2 limited edition
Fable III Limited edition
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 limited edition
And thats all I can remember at the moment

Next year ill hopefulyl be getting the Killzone 3 Helghast edition, R3 limtied edition, MGS 4 limited edition, R2 limited edition, TES V limited edition, Gears of War 3 limited edition and the Mass Effect 3 limited edition.

Im a collector
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:30 pm

I usually always get the Collector's Edition of a game, i just like having something physical to hold that is related to the game.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 am

I've only bought a couple collector's editions, but for the most part I only buy standard. The only collector's edition I am gonna buy next year is the LBP2 which includes avatars, characters, a plush sackboy, and a book rack for $80.

Plus some of the Collector's editions are insane, like the Fortune Hunter's edition of Uncharted 2 which costs $2500!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions   Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions Empty

Back to top Go down

Standard vs. Limited/Collector's Editions
Page 1 of 1