This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

multiple disks

Go down 
+9
DenEvo
Statronika
Stoney
Alan1994
DemonWolf
Blixtstorm
G4M3 0V3R x187x
ghost23
Wii60
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Wii60
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 am

if a game needed multiple disks couldn't it be solved by making it downloadable? like ps3 fanboys say 360 cant handle killzone 2 and 3 but thats bullshit its only the multiple disk issue and if it was downloadable there wouldn't be the problem of compressng or lowering resolution or anything like that it would be just as good

I know their already doing this but do the downloadable versions play better?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:42 am

First of all a lot of countries don't have the luxury of unlimited bandwidth like people in America do, there is also the problem of download speeds and having to wait for download and install.

Plus it will never happen because not every single XBOX 360 sold has a hard drive so Microsoft cannot force you to download or install anything in order to play the games. In the case of games such as Forza 3, the second disc was extra cars but was not needed to play the game.
Back to top Go down
G4M3 0V3R x187x
Seaman Recruit
G4M3 0V3R x187x

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:47 am

downloadable games run a little smoother and quicker load times and no disc spinning noise.. however to make a game such as FF13 go downloadable they would have to suck someone in to using approximately 24gigs of there hard drive.. Who in there right mind would want to wait for 24gigs to download on there xbox?
Back to top Go down
http://www.unique-xpressionz.ca
ghost23

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 am

G4M3 0V3R x187x wrote:
downloadable games run a little smoother and quicker load times and no disc spinning noise.. however to make a game such as FF13 go downloadable they would have to suck someone in to using approximately 24gigs of there hard drive.. Who in there right mind would want to wait for 24gigs to download on there xbox?

Yeah true. 24GB would take me about 2 days to download here in Australia plus its about half my monthly usage.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:05 am

hehe slow Razz

I download things daily, but then again I have 100/100Mbit line with unlimited usage.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:32 am

PSP has the same problem. It is capable of running most ps2 games but the 1.8 gb umds hold it back.
And yeah, as people already said, not everyone owns a large harddrive or even a harddrive at all. So yeah....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:29 pm

Killzone doesn't merit enough content for more than 10 GBs.

I don't mind multiple discs. I didn't see people complaining when ME2 was 2 discs.

A disc swap takes maybe 5 seconds. If Microsoft went with Blu-ray and used a slower disc read speed like the PS3 then we would have installs which would take much longer than 5 seconds.

Even then, 2 disc games like Forza 3 allow you to play the entire game off of one disc and has a disc which serves as DLC.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

I don't mind disc-swapping and for someone to argue otherwise is just petty. Although I do prefer having my games on one disc thats why I think Blu-Ray > DVD.
Back to top Go down
Statronika
Seaman Recruit
Statronika

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 pm

To be honest disk swapping isn't much of a huge deal for me

Last edited by Statronika on Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Statronika
G4M3 0V3R x187x
Seaman Recruit
G4M3 0V3R x187x

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:52 pm

and it's disc swapping for the win lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.unique-xpressionz.ca

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Statronika wrote:
To be honest fisk swapping isn't much of a huge deal for me

Yeah, getting up and swapping discs really isn't that bad. It takes what? A couple seconds? Not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Statronika
Seaman Recruit
Statronika

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:50 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Statronika wrote:
To be honest fisk swapping isn't much of a huge deal for me

Yeah, getting up and swapping discs really isn't that bad. It takes what? A couple seconds? Not a big deal.

yeah and majority of the time in terms of disk swapping is mainly based on installing the rest of the content i.e. Forza 3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Statronika
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:04 pm

It's rather standing up and swapping disks, or getting from the store all hyped up to see the dreaded " Mandatory Installation" prompt and wait 5 to 15 minutes for the damn thing to install.... (Sights) I just hate when my neighbor brings his PS3 over

But more and more games are requiring an HDD for some features, to play Reach coop, you need a hard drive or you did at first. I dont mind it because I always buy the top model... but I do know that not everyone can
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:49 pm

I hate using games with multiple discs. If I lose just 1 disc, it makes the game unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 pm

TheAssassin wrote:
I hate using games with multiple discs. If I lose just 1 disc, it makes the game unbeatable.

But if you have a single disc game and you lose just 1 disc, doesn't that also make the game unbeatable?
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:59 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:

But if you have a single disc game and you lose just 1 disc, doesn't that also make the game unbeatable?

Yeah. Point is I HATE DISCS. THEY SCRATCH SO FUCKING MUCH.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:01 pm

TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:

It's called taking care of your products. It's not that hard and its effortless. I have about 20 games and barely any of them have visible scratches on them.
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:04 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:

It's called taking care of your products. It's not that hard and its effortless. I have about 20 games and barely any of them have visible scratches on them.

I'm just too damn lazy, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jack-__-Franko
Seaman
Seaman
Jack-__-Franko

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:20 pm

TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:

I'm just too damn lazy, I guess.
because your a Fat American kid. That is all
Back to top Go down
xxgtasaxx
Seaman
Seaman
xxgtasaxx

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:41 pm

I have about 6 games using recycle cases and they have no scratches what so ever, but unless it's a PC game I prefer everything on 1 disc.
Back to top Go down
saguyako

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:17 am

Most of the people on here can't seem to understand why people hate games that are multiple discs. Let me break it down for you.

In this day and age we should never have a game that is more than one disc. Unless the game is comprised of 6 different games in one. That should be the only reason we should have suffer through multiple discs. It's a pain in the ass.

I remember having games that were multiple discs and if anything happened to them you were fucked. Sometimes you didn't have to do anything to them and they would mess up. You can say you like multiple disc games because they give you a sense of nostalgia but most of you aren't old enough to feel that. Majority of you probably started with Xbox as your first console. To say you remember back when games had to multiple discs is probably a lie.

To the guy saying losing a single disc game makes it unbeatable. That's not as bad as losing a multiple disc game. With a single disc game you can buy the entire game again. With multiple disc games you need to buy that specific disc again or you buy the whole game again. You either spend half of the games original price on one disc or you buy the whole game again for full price. Either way you're fucked. One is much worse than the other.

Multiple disc games suck ass and saying otherwise is complete bullshit and you know it.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:42 pm

saguyako wrote:
Most of the people on here can't seem to understand why people hate games that are multiple discs. Let me break it down for you.

In this day and age we should never have a game that is more than one disc. Unless the game is comprised of 6 different games in one. That should be the only reason we should have suffer through multiple discs. It's a pain in the ass.

I remember having games that were multiple discs and if anything happened to them you were fucked. Sometimes you didn't have to do anything to them and they would mess up. You can say you like multiple disc games because they give you a sense of nostalgia but most of you aren't old enough to feel that. Majority of you probably started with Xbox as your first console. To say you remember back when games had to multiple discs is probably a lie.

To the guy saying losing a single disc game makes it unbeatable. That's not as bad as losing a multiple disc game. With a single disc game you can buy the entire game again. With multiple disc games you need to buy that specific disc again or you buy the whole game again. You either spend half of the games original price on one disc or you buy the whole game again for full price. Either way you're fucked. One is much worse than the other.

Multiple disc games suck ass and saying otherwise is complete bullshit and you know it.

Lolwhat?

Loosing a single-disc game is just as bad as loosing a multi-disc game. I don't know a single retailer that would give you a new game copy even if it was a single disc game that you lost. If you are unorganized enough to keep up with it then that is your fault.

My first console was the PS1, and I am only 17 years old (pretty young considering the average gamer is in their mid 20s). I remember most if not ALL of the Final Fantasy games on the PS1 and PS2 were multiple discs. Hell not even 2 discs. They were usually 3 or 4. To be fair though, I never got the whole "oh it's nostalgic" thing. I never really gave a shit back then and I don't give a shit now.

There are hardly any games that are on more than one disc on the Xbox 360 and even if they are it is no big deal. And the PS3's slow ass Blu-ray drive is no giant upgrade from the 360's DVD drive. There is a huge percentage of games that have 5-10 minute mandatory game installs (GT5's install was actually an hour long). Oh and we shouldn't forget, some games like Forza Motorsport 3 and Castlevania allow you to install the 2nd disc and play completely off of the first, oh but wait...did you loose your HDD too?

Do you know what's bullshit? How people think the number of disc a game occupies is a sign that the game is lacking quality when that is just the opposite. Mass Effect 2 is a 2 disc game on the 360 and PC and that game spawns atleast 30 hours of gameplay on just one playthrough. Most non-fagboys were rejoicing when ME2 was announced to be on 2 discs since it meant more content for those who are buying it. Not only that but it's one of the highest rated games this generation. It takes no more than 5 seconds to swap a disc and the complaint is only slightly relevant if you were planning to beat the entire game in one sitting.

All in all, maybe you should start blaming yourself for once since you happen to loose so many game discs.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:39 am

saguyako wrote:

lol?
so you're saying that if you lost Mass Effect 2 Disc 1, you could go to Gamestop and guy that one disc for $30 (when it was a $60 game). Mate I don't even live in America and I know that doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

multiple disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: multiple disks   multiple disks Empty

Back to top Go down

multiple disks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: