This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth

Go down 
+15
DenEvo
Stigma
Skycrawler
xxgtasaxx
Alan1994
Cylon8472
optimusprime
7th
ghost23
GeneralMLD
NightFang91
theone.
Noelol
tr3ykilla
DemonWolf
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth Empty
PostSubject: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 pm

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=25545

Very Happy all 3 of them agree Xbox had a better library this year. And that's only retail exclusives, completely ignoring downloadable games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 pm

cheers XBOX 360 ALL DAY LEEEEEEEEETSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I have to go with 360.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

Very Happy all 3 of them agree Xbox had a better library this year. And that's only retail exclusives, completely ignoring downloadable games.

I agree too. Xbox's 2010 lineup was tad better. However, the Wii's 2010 lineup destroyed both the PS3's and 360's lineup.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:41 pm

TheAssassin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

I agree too. Xbox's 2010 lineup was tad better. However, the Wii's 2010 lineup destroyed both the PS3's and 360's lineup.
QFT. DK Country, Metroid, Kirby, Galaxy 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, No More Heroes 2, SIn and Punishiment 2, and a bunch more makes Wii the winner.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:51 pm

I have a PC so for me the obvious choice is PS3.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm

NightFang91 wrote:

but in a strict 360/ps3 comparison......360 wins.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:01 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:

but in a strict 360/ps3 comparison......360 wins.
Perhaps, but a strict 360/ps3 comparison is purely theoretical for me, in practice, the PS3 won for me Smile
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 pm

NightFang91 wrote:

You can't play Halo Reach, Fable 3 and Alan Wake on your PC and you don't want to play Splinter Cell Conviction on PC due to how bad it is.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:43 pm

ghost23 wrote:

You can't play Halo Reach, Fable 3 and Alan Wake on your PC and you don't want to play Splinter Cell Conviction on PC due to how bad it is.
Fable 3, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell don't interest me and I only played Reach for one week ;P
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:02 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fable 3, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell don't interest me and I only played Reach for one week ;P
Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth So-says-Mr-Stewart
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Yes but this is not about your personal preferences, its about what is available for both consoles. Even if people own PC's, they still can't play games like Alan Wake, Fable 3 and Reach.
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:13 am

And yet popular vote has ps3 winning by a margin of 3 to 1. Smile

Must be all those youtube videos i did telling people to go vote on that page, yeah? XD
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 am

Incidentally, here's a good example of why I say a system is remembered for the quality of its exclusives, not its multiplats. On Lensoftruth, 360 wins (barely) the head2head for Enslaved.

Then Enslaved turns right around and loses to a 3 year old PS3 exclusive XD

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=25284
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:42 am

7th wrote:
Incidentally, here's a good example of why I say a system is remembered for the quality of its exclusives, not its multiplats. On Lensoftruth, 360 wins (barely) the head2head for Enslaved.

Then Enslaved turns right around and loses to a 3 year old PS3 exclusive XD

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=25284

to me a system is remembered by the overall package, games 1st and 3rd party, controller, interface, ease of use, the streamline of games coming so you dont get bored with the machine itself.

if i wanted a gaming system for technical excellence i would just go to the pc and be done with it. you seem far too focused at times on the technical performance of games, thinking technical showcases are the overall deciding factor in a game. also i've played what you have played on ps3, we are all different in our tastes, for example god of war 3, i didnt buy the game i played through while at a releatives and i thought it was brilliant to look at but fuck all else, gameplay was boring as fuck, a really gorgeous game with so-so gameplay and part of me struggled to keep going till the end.

uncharted for me is the saving grace for ps3, if that system didnt have that series i wouldnt wipe my arse with that console and would probably of sold it. uncharted has technical excellence with level design and gameplay to match, the best games have the best of everything combined, not just the bragging rights of what looks better.

great to see you posting on here again anyway 7th, always thought you were good for a chat/entertaining videos. Smile
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:42 am

well 7th, i bet its cause of the sheer number of asshurt ps3 fanboys that plague the internet that do the popular vote. its no secret these guys are the most numerous of all the factions

exclusives are remembered and always will be but this gen is changing things.

multiplats are now taking the spotlight for how a console is remembered.

COD.....a multiplat, is now synonymous with Xbox

Gears 1, a 360/pc game is still almost always associated with 360

just saying.....exclusives are nice and all, but 90% of a library is made up of multiplats.

Who needs a better 10% when u can strive for a better 90.........

Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:29 pm

ghost23 wrote:

Yes but this is not about your personal preferences, its about what is available for both consoles. Even if people own PC's, they still can't play games like Alan Wake, Fable 3 and Reach.
Eh.. Which games are the "best" is a subjective matter and boils down to personal opinion.

So yes, it is about my personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Cylon8472
Seaman
Seaman
Cylon8472

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 pm

sorry but this is the only place Weez hasn't hit yet. and speaking of wich what the fuck?!?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 2:17 pm

I still don't understand why people count Mass Effect 2 as an Xbox 360 exclusive.

It's published by EA, it's on multiple platforms (not including PC), and it has no ties what-so-ever to Microsoft.

It makes it seem contradictary to post a Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360 vs PS3 screenshot comparison and then consider it a 360 exclusive.

Other than that I agree, I think the 360 did slightly better than the PS3 this year but I think it just comes down to preference.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I still don't understand why people count Mass Effect 2 as an Xbox 360 exclusive.

It's published by EA, it's on multiple platforms (not including PC), and it has no ties what-so-ever to Microsoft.

It makes it seem contradictary to post a Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360 vs PS3 screenshot comparison and then consider it a 360 exclusive.

Other than that I agree, I think the 360 did slightly better than the PS3 this year but I think it just comes down to preference.

Well technically speaking, in 2010, the only console you could play Mass Effect 2 on is XBOX 360.
Back to top Go down
xxgtasaxx
Seaman
Seaman
xxgtasaxx

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:36 pm

I have a PC and have no interest in FPS games, though I'm getting into FPS games with motion control integration. Console with best exclusives, can't say since my xbox RRoD and I need a new one for the true 360 exclusives not on pc.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Meh... ps3 wins, more variety.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Skycrawler wrote:

FPS - Halo Reach, Metro 2033
RTS - Supreme Commander 2
WRPG - Mass Effect 2, Fable III
Stealth Action - Splinter Cell Conviction
Free Roam - Crackdown 2
Physiological Thriller - Alan Wake
SHMUP - Death Smiles
Other - Tropico 3

Hack and Slash - Gow 3
Sports - MLB 10: The Show
Racer - Modnation Racers, Gran Turismo 5
Action/Adventure - Yakuza 3, 3D Dot Heroes
FPS - MAG
Stealth Action - Sly Collection
Other - Heavy Rain

You dirty lair.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:30 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

FPS - Halo Reach, Metro 2033Shooter
WRPG - Mass Effect 2, Fable IIIShooterRPG/Mediocre Gameplay
Stealth Action - Splinter Cell ConvictionShooter
Free Roam - Crackdown 2Cheap (but fun) GTA
Physiological Thriller - Alan WakeShooter
SHMUP - Death SmilesDear Gawd NO!
Other - Tropico 3One of MILLIONS of simulators

Hack and Slash - Gow 3Hack and slash
Sports - MLB 10: The ShowSports
Racer - Modnation Racers, Gran Turismo 5racing
Action/Adventure - Yakuza 3, 3D Dot HeroesBeat em up/Sort've retro tribute
FPS - MAGShooter
Stealth Action - Sly CollectionAdventure
Other - Heavy RainMystery

You dirty lair.
You're naming a few games from both consoles, out of the other thousand available. Try again.

Unless you were being sarcastic lol!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Skycrawler wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

FPS - Halo Reach, Metro 2033Shooter
WRPG - Mass Effect 2, Fable IIIShooterRPG/Mediocre Gameplay
Stealth Action - Splinter Cell ConvictionShooter
Free Roam - Crackdown 2Cheap (but fun) GTA
Physiological Thriller - Alan WakeShooter
SHMUP - Death SmilesDear Gawd NO!
Other - Tropico 3One of MILLIONS of simulators

Hack and Slash - Gow 3Hack and slash
Sports - MLB 10: The ShowSports
Racer - Modnation Racers, Gran Turismo 5racing
Action/Adventure - Yakuza 3, 3D Dot HeroesBeat em up/Sort've retro tribute
FPS - MAGShooter
Stealth Action - Sly CollectionAdventure
Other - Heavy RainMystery

You dirty lair.
You're naming a few games from both consoles, out of the other thousand available. Try again.

Unless you were being sarcastic lol!

He was refering to exclusives/console exclusives that released this year for both the PS3 and Xbox 360. The stuff you put in red was just your opinion and excuses as to why they don't count. An FPS is very different than a TPS. An RPG that has shooting elements is far from the average shooter. Fable 3 is definitely not a shooter. Alan Wake's focus is on storytelling, much like Heavy Rain (hence why it's called a "Physcological Action Thriller"). And OMFG for the last time Splinter Cell Conviction is NOT a shooter. It's a stealth action game. It's annoying how people categorize it as a shooter just because you can put it on the easiest settings and run around like a frag head. In Halo on casual I can just run around and melee people and use melee only weapons to beat the game, does that make it a first person fighting game? Besides, are you going to call MGS4 a shooter just because it can be played like one? Conviction has more stealth gameplay mechanics than frag head mechanics. Play it on realistic and you will simply not survive unless you use stealth. People really need to accept the fact that it is categorized as a Stealth game and that it stays true to it's genre.

As for games in general both the 360 has plenty of variety. It has platformers, FPSs, TPSs, racers, RTSs, Fighters, Narrative driven, RPGs, etc. In fact, the PS3 has just as much if not more shooter than the 360 . Wink The thing is though, Microsoft puts most of it's advertising efforts on Halo and Gears...Which is why the 360 is known best for it's shooters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth Empty

Back to top Go down

Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: