This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Live is G! and some new rumors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Xbox Live, the greatest online gaming service (for consoles) I've ever used in my life, but I don't agree with the new $59.99 price tag and I think it only has 2 features over PSN (correct me if I'm wrong) XGC and Voice Messaging. Anyway I've heard Hulu Plus id coming to Xbox Live and I love to watch TV shows in Hulu, but I don't want to pay $9.99 for a service only 1 of my device (PS3) supports it (I'm well aware PC can use Hulu Plus, but devices get NO Ads) and I would like Vudu to come on Xbox Live as as well and I've heard no rumors about that Mad atleast this convinces more people to pay for live now Smile as only 12 mil out of 20 mil pay for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Well my personal experience tells me that the general gaming connection on XBL is better than on PSN.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Sorry to go on a slight tangent but you act as if xbox live only has 2 advantages over psn.
This isn't all factual statistics but here are my observations of Xbox Live which make it, in my eyes, superior to psn

1-Cross game chat (and party system)
2-Better interface (admit it, nothing beats xbl's slick, efficient menus)
3-Voice messaging
4-Better visuals, framerate on multiplayer multiplatform games (not due to xbl but it's still an advantage xbox gamers get)
5-Better connections online (usually much less lag)
6-Xbl has more people connected than psn. I'm not sure how many of those are paying for xbl though.
7-Timed dlc
8-Some exclusive content (well, ps3 gets it as well but it's subjective.. some may prefer xbl's exclusive content over psn's. It's arguable)
9-Superior arcade library, I mean look at the two system's downloadable offerings: xbox obviously wins this one, and it also has way more indie titles than psn, some of which are awesome
10-Lots of multiplayer focused exclusives/pc multiplats:
Shadowrun, Gears Of War, Halo, Fable, Forza, etc
11-More committed and competitive gamers (so many people on psn are never bothered to play and when they do, they just suck - this is generalising but it's from what I've seen and heard)
12-More gamers using headsets
13-Avatars and free stuff (okay it's not entirely free as we're paying money every month but still, to get games like Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way and Crash Course without paying anything extra, that's pretty awesome)
14-Random features (espn, facebook, last fm twitter, all the stuff you can use, I could have done them all as seperate points but nah I cba)

And the fact is, Xbox has everything most gamers look for.
It has more games than ps3, more games with higher ratings (thus representing a higher standard of quality), more of each category than ps3; for example, more exclusives, more multiplats (pc multiplats), more downloadable games, etc
It also gets the superior multiplats.

So yes, while it's kind of unrelated to what I'm paying for, if xbox is the only way I can get what I want, I will happily pay for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:05 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Well my personal experience tells me that the general gaming connection on XBL is better than on PSN.
Yes it is, I agree with you 100% but $59.99 for a service that only has 2 features over it competitor is what I don't agree with and are you getting Hulu Plus?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:16 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Sorry to go on a slight tangent but you act as if xbox live only has 2 advantages over psn.
This isn't all factual statistics but here are my observations of Xbox Live which make it, in my eyes, superior to psn

1-Cross game chat (and party system)
2-Better interface (admit it, nothing beats xbl's slick, efficient menus)
3-Voice messaging
4-Better visuals, framerate on multiplayer multiplatform games (not due to xbl but it's still an advantage xbox gamers get)
5-Better connections online (usually much less lag)
6-Xbl has more people connected than psn. I'm not sure how many of those are paying for xbl though.
7-Timed dlc
8-Some exclusive content (well, ps3 gets it as well but it's subjective.. some may prefer xbl's exclusive content over psn's. It's arguable)
9-Superior arcade library, I mean look at the two system's downloadable offerings: xbox obviously wins this one, and it also has way more indie titles than psn, some of which are awesome
10-Lots of multiplayer focused exclusives/pc multiplats:
Shadowrun, Gears Of War, Halo, Fable, Forza, etc
11-More committed and competitive gamers (so many people on psn are never bothered to play and when they do, they just suck - this is generalising but it's from what I've seen and heard)
12-More gamers using headsets
13-Avatars and free stuff (okay it's not entirely free as we're paying money every month but still, to get games like Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way and Crash Course without paying anything extra, that's pretty awesome)
14-Random features (espn, facebook, last fm twitter, all the stuff you can use, I could have done them all as seperate points but nah I cba)

And the fact is, Xbox has everything most gamers look for.
It has more games than ps3, more games with higher ratings (thus representing a higher standard of quality), more of each category than ps3; for example, more exclusives, more multiplats (pc multiplats), more downloadable games, etc
It also gets the superior multiplats.

So yes, while it's kind of unrelated to what I'm paying for, if xbox is the only way I can get what I want, I will happily pay for it.

Ok I agree with almost everything on that list except for Avatars and free stuff and Random features if your paying for Playstation Plus you get 4 free games a month, free avatars, free themes and dynamic themes and free PS Home stuff for your Home Avatar. And for Random features, PS3 has every one of those except ESPN.

Yes 360 does get superior multiplats, but games such as Tales of Vesperia, Oblivion, Mass Effect 2, etc. look much better on PS3 so not all of the multiplats are superior, just thought I'd let ya know Smile and I could care less about graphics, I only get multiplats based on how many of my friends play the game on each console anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:33 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Sorry to go on a slight tangent but you act as if xbox live only has 2 advantages over psn.
This isn't all factual statistics but here are my observations of Xbox Live which make it, in my eyes, superior to psn

1-Cross game chat (and party system)
2-Better interface (admit it, nothing beats xbl's slick, efficient menus)
3-Voice messaging
4-Better visuals, framerate on multiplayer multiplatform games (not due to xbl but it's still an advantage xbox gamers get)
5-Better connections online (usually much less lag)
6-Xbl has more people connected than psn. I'm not sure how many of those are paying for xbl though.
7-Timed dlc
8-Some exclusive content (well, ps3 gets it as well but it's subjective.. some may prefer xbl's exclusive content over psn's. It's arguable)
9-Superior arcade library, I mean look at the two system's downloadable offerings: xbox obviously wins this one, and it also has way more indie titles than psn, some of which are awesome
10-Lots of multiplayer focused exclusives/pc multiplats:
Shadowrun, Gears Of War, Halo, Fable, Forza, etc
11-More committed and competitive gamers (so many people on psn are never bothered to play and when they do, they just suck - this is generalising but it's from what I've seen and heard)
12-More gamers using headsets
13-Avatars and free stuff (okay it's not entirely free as we're paying money every month but still, to get games like Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way and Crash Course without paying anything extra, that's pretty awesome)
14-Random features (espn, facebook, last fm twitter, all the stuff you can use, I could have done them all as seperate points but nah I cba)

And the fact is, Xbox has everything most gamers look for.
It has more games than ps3, more games with higher ratings (thus representing a higher standard of quality), more of each category than ps3; for example, more exclusives, more multiplats (pc multiplats), more downloadable games, etc
It also gets the superior multiplats.

So yes, while it's kind of unrelated to what I'm paying for, if xbox is the only way I can get what I want, I will happily pay for it.

Ok I agree with almost everything on that list except for Avatars and free stuff and Random features if your paying for Playstation Plus you get 4 free games a month, free avatars, free themes and dynamic themes and free PS Home stuff for your Home Avatar. And for Random features, PS3 has every one of those except ESPN.

Yes 360 does get superior multiplats, but games such as Tales of Vesperia, Oblivion, Mass Effect 2, etc. look much better on PS3 so not all of the multiplats are superior, just thought I'd let ya know Smile and I could care less about graphics, I only get multiplats based on how many of my friends play the game on each console anyway.

Avatars? Come on, they're on the main menu and they're 3D versions of you. All your friends can see them, there's also a store full of ways to customise it the way you want. They give you an online identity.
Okay, you get 4 free games a month but they go the moment you stop paying, so they're more like trials until you start paying again.
You get free avatars and themes on xbox often. Not an important thing.
lol Oblivion looked better on ps3 but didn't run better. Apparently the in-game loading is horrendous. Also it came out like a year later haha. Same goes with Mass Effect 2. I'm not sure about Tales Of Vesperia. And even then, only one character looks better on the ps3 version. Sadly, the xbox version has better detail than the ps3 version still. And I never said ALL multiplats but in general, yes they do look better on 360. It's a rare occassion when the ps3 version looks better. I refer to the rule rather than the exception.


As for price:

£6 a month. Quite a lot?
Imagine £2 of that went towards the online service, the way it's superior to psn. Imagine £1 went towards cross game chat.
That would be fair enough, right? I'd say the generally superior, less laggy 360 counterparts are worth that much, and the equivalent of a convenient phone for gaming is definately worth that much.
If this were the case, then we're left with £3 we're still paying every month. What does that go towards? The features below.
Divide £3 by 18 features
You get 0.16

That's right. For each feature you're paying just 16p per month.
Divide 16 by the weeks. Every week for each feature you're paying just 4p. That's less than 1p a day. I think you can afford that, right?

Wonderful interface
Voice messaging
Better visuals, framerate on multiplayer multiplatform games
Xbl has more people connected than psn (more busier online)
Timed dlc
Some exclusive content
Superior arcade library
Lots of multiplayer focused exclusives/pc multiplats
More committed and competitive gamers
More gamers using headsets/headsets provided with xbox
Avatars
Downloadable games at no extra cost
ESPN
Facebook
Twitter
Last FM
Sky
Netflix
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Jesus Christ.

You don't need to justify it. You either pay for it or you don't.

Besides, Chad Warden wipes his ass with 600 dollars.

BTW txtman, why do you keep bringing up games that come out a year late to the PS3 and say they are "superior". 90% of the multiplatform titles run/look better on the 360. Bringing up a few instances won't really change anything.

Oh and btw, ME2 doesn't run better on the PS3. No suprise there, the Unreal Engine code is more optimised on the 360.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:38 am

DemonWolf wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Sorry to go on a slight tangent but you act as if xbox live only has 2 advantages over psn.
This isn't all factual statistics but here are my observations of Xbox Live which make it, in my eyes, superior to psn

1-Cross game chat (and party system)
2-Better interface (admit it, nothing beats xbl's slick, efficient menus)
3-Voice messaging
4-Better visuals, framerate on multiplayer multiplatform games (not due to xbl but it's still an advantage xbox gamers get)
5-Better connections online (usually much less lag)
6-Xbl has more people connected than psn. I'm not sure how many of those are paying for xbl though.
7-Timed dlc
8-Some exclusive content (well, ps3 gets it as well but it's subjective.. some may prefer xbl's exclusive content over psn's. It's arguable)
9-Superior arcade library, I mean look at the two system's downloadable offerings: xbox obviously wins this one, and it also has way more indie titles than psn, some of which are awesome
10-Lots of multiplayer focused exclusives/pc multiplats:
Shadowrun, Gears Of War, Halo, Fable, Forza, etc
11-More committed and competitive gamers (so many people on psn are never bothered to play and when they do, they just suck - this is generalising but it's from what I've seen and heard)
12-More gamers using headsets
13-Avatars and free stuff (okay it's not entirely free as we're paying money every month but still, to get games like Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way and Crash Course without paying anything extra, that's pretty awesome)
14-Random features (espn, facebook, last fm twitter, all the stuff you can use, I could have done them all as seperate points but nah I cba)

And the fact is, Xbox has everything most gamers look for.
It has more games than ps3, more games with higher ratings (thus representing a higher standard of quality), more of each category than ps3; for example, more exclusives, more multiplats (pc multiplats), more downloadable games, etc
It also gets the superior multiplats.

So yes, while it's kind of unrelated to what I'm paying for, if xbox is the only way I can get what I want, I will happily pay for it.

Ok I agree with almost everything on that list except for Avatars and free stuff and Random features if your paying for Playstation Plus you get 4 free games a month, free avatars, free themes and dynamic themes and free PS Home stuff for your Home Avatar. And for Random features, PS3 has every one of those except ESPN.

Yes 360 does get superior multiplats, but games such as Tales of Vesperia, Oblivion, Mass Effect 2, etc. look much better on PS3 so not all of the multiplats are superior, just thought I'd let ya know Smile and I could care less about graphics, I only get multiplats based on how many of my friends play the game on each console anyway.

Avatars? Come on, they're on the main menu and they're 3D versions of you. All your friends can see them, there's also a store full of ways to customise it the way you want. They give you an online identity.
Okay, you get 4 free games a month but they go the moment you stop paying, so they're more like trials until you start paying again.
You get free avatars and themes on xbox often. Not an important thing.
lol Oblivion looked better on ps3 but didn't run better. Apparently the in-game loading is horrendous. Also it came out like a year later haha. Same goes with Mass Effect 2. I'm not sure about Tales Of Vesperia. And even then, only one character looks better on the ps3 version. Sadly, the xbox version has better detail than the ps3 version still. And I never said ALL multiplats but in general, yes they do look better on 360. It's a rare occassion when the ps3 version looks better. I refer to the rule rather than the exception.


As for price:

£6 a month. Quite a lot?
Imagine £2 of that went towards the online service, the way it's superior to psn. Imagine £1 went towards cross game chat.
That would be fair enough, right? I'd say the generally superior, less laggy 360 counterparts are worth that much, and the equivalent of a convenient phone for gaming is definately worth that much.
If this were the case, then we're left with £3 we're still paying every month. What does that go towards? The features below.
Divide £3 by 18 features
You get 0.16

That's right. For each feature you're paying just 16p per month.
Divide 16 by the weeks. Every week for each feature you're paying just 4p. That's less than 1p a day. I think you can afford that, right?

Wonderful interface
Voice messaging
Better visuals, framerate on multiplayer multiplatform games
Xbl has more people connected than psn (more busier online)
Timed dlc
Some exclusive content
Superior arcade library
Lots of multiplayer focused exclusives/pc multiplats
More committed and competitive gamers
More gamers using headsets/headsets provided with xbox
Avatars
Downloadable games at no extra cost
ESPN
Facebook
Twitter
Last FM
Sky
Netflix

Yes I can afford that, dude I spent $400 on both consoles I think I can afford $60 a year, but I thought that $60 could go towards a game instead of online that only has 2 features over PSN (I know what you wrote, but this was what I thought before) I still do prefer the PS3 though I don't like PSN as much as Xbox Live, but online isn't everything, PS3 has more features and quality than Xbox 360 its a great thing too because I can enjoy all the exclusives now so I'm the real winner Razz jk
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:42 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Jesus Christ.

You don't need to justify it. You either pay for it or you don't.

Besides, Chad Warden wipes his ass with 600 dollars.

BTW txtman, why do you keep bringing up games that come out a year late to the PS3 and say they are "superior". 90% of the multiplatform titles run/look better on the 360. Bringing up a few instances won't really change anything.

Oh and btw, ME2 doesn't run better on the PS3. No suprise there, the Unreal Engine code is more optimised on the 360.

Its not me bringing up old games I just type whatever comes to mind whenever you think "drive-by", black people come to mind (no offense) meanwhile a lot of current drive-bys are caused by mexicans down south, it was on the news (no offense to mexicans down south), but why do they think black people? Its an OLD stereotype isn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Guest
Guest



Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:47 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
whenever you think "drive-by", black people come to mind

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Posts : 58
Join date : 2010-12-21
Location : USA

Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
whenever you think "drive-by", black people come to mind

lol! lol! lol!

Lol I got that from Chris Rock haha!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
Sponsored content




Live is G! and some new rumors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live is G! and some new rumors   Live is G! and some new rumors Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Live is G! and some new rumors
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» CCRL live lists with 100 Elo reduction
» The Delfi Affair (live broadcast)
» LIVE-SCCT FINAL 2011
» The Trampling 4CPU (live broadcast)
» Spark 1.0 x64 LIVE in SWCR list

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: XBox Live-
Jump to: