This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Salez don't matter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Since it goes against the rules to say bad against 360 IN THIS FORUM (listen up all of you sensitive mods) I'll let this video do the talking P.S. this isn't fanboyish at anyway, there are so many better ways to defend the console and this isn't the right way.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/txtman8094
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:35 pm

not watching a video that i know is wrong

sales matter for a few reasons

1. 3rd party support. They support consoles that sell the most. Last gen PS2 got tons of 3rd party support while xbox and gamecube got scraps. 360 gets timed exclusive DLC for COD due to its SALES in NA, the biggest COD market. I could go on.

2. Longevity. If xbox sold a lot or gamecube, or the dreamcast, etc...........they would be out longer then the time they had in the console industry. You like your favourite console???? Then you better hope it meets a sales quota every year or else youll find it discontinued and no more games for your favourite console.

3. Not to mention sales keeps people in their JOB. Poor sales means job cuts. Great sales means expansion and new jobs.

And these arent even the fanboy reasons. Dont waste my time with sales dont matter BS.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:50 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

1. 3rd party support. They support consoles that sell the most. Last gen PS2 got tons of 3rd party support while xbox and gamecube got scraps. 360 gets timed exclusive DLC for COD due to its SALES in NA, the biggest COD market. I could go on.

2. Longevity. If xbox sold a lot or gamecube, or the dreamcast, etc...........they would be out longer then the time they had in the console industry. You like your favourite console???? Then you better hope it meets a sales quota every year or else youll find it discontinued and no more games for your favourite console.

3. Not to mention sales keeps people in their JOB. Poor sales means job cuts. Great sales means expansion and new jobs.

And these arent even the fanboy reasons. Dont waste my time with sales dont matter BS.

And also greater software sales means that the developers will get a larger budget for the sequel (assuming that they will make one), which is beneficial for the gamer in most cases. Poor sales means that sequel/follow-ups won't be greenlit for a long time eg. Vanquish didn't have amazing sales and you probably won't seeing a sequel anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:00 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

OK... Or the video makes too much sense and you don't like logic?

1. The Wii is #1 and it has the worst 3rd Party support this Gen. doesn't it? Nice point

2. Sony PROMISED (key word) us a ten year life span and they delivered their promise and in the year 2010 PS3 sold more and you don't see me bragging about it do you? Two years straight it sold more didn't it? And the only reason Microsoft discontinued the Xbox is because Nvidia ceased production of their graphics chip and thats why for 360 they went ATI.

3. Uhmm... This is the CONSOLE WAR not a job offering and if you really want to work for Microsoft that much, you might as well move to India, its where MS employs the most

Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:06 pm

ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

And also greater software sales means that the developers will get a larger budget for the sequel (assuming that they will make one), which is beneficial for the gamer in most cases. Poor sales means that sequel/follow-ups won't be greenlit for a long time eg. Vanquish didn't have amazing sales and you probably won't seeing a sequel anytime soon.
Won't see a sequel with bad sales right? Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 have "bad sales" right? They are both into their third game and the Tales series didn't make that much money FOR YEARS and they still make them and there is rumors of a new one coming in 2011 possibly of a PS3 exclusive seeing what happened to tales of vesperia for 360 and how the PS3 one was better (just a rumor) sloppy seconds right MLD?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:00 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Won't see a sequel with bad sales right? Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 have "bad sales" right? They are both into their third game and the Tales series didn't make that much money FOR YEARS and they still make them and there is rumors of a new one coming in 2011 possibly of a PS3 exclusive seeing what happened to tales of vesperia for 360 and how the PS3 one was better (just a rumor) sloppy seconds right MLD?

The Unchated series has sold over 8 million. Lets say it cost between 50 to 80 million dollars to develope both games, Sony and ND would have made close to 500 million dollars. Thats a 420 million dollar profit. Now is that "bad sales"?

Also read on a couple of websites that Killzone 2 cost 40 million dollars to develope and that sold 2.5 million there or thereabouts. So thats another 160 million dollars, excluding the production costs of Killzone, so 120 million dollars.

Those two franchises you used were very bad examples.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:06 pm

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

You seem to have the misconception that people say they have Killzone and Uncharted have bad sales. No, that has never been the case. They had dissappointing sales for games of that high quality and with a considerably large PS3 user base. Uncharted, which is arguably Sony's biggest exclusive, isn't a hot seller like Gears of War or Halo is for Microsoft. I remember it was something like ODST outsold Uncharted 2 in around a few days or something.
But back to my original point. Look at the Tony Hawk series now, it sells like garbage, and Activision give them shit all for a budget and they make shit games. Skate 3 proves that there is still a little something left in that genre, but because of poor sales, Activision cannot put the resources behind making a good game.
Back to top Go down
txtman8095
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
txtman8095

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:22 pm

ghost23 wrote:
txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

You seem to have the misconception that people say they have Killzone and Uncharted have bad sales. No, that has never been the case. They had dissappointing sales for games of that high quality and with a considerably large PS3 user base. Uncharted, which is arguably Sony's biggest exclusive, isn't a hot seller like Gears of War or Halo is for Microsoft. I remember it was something like ODST outsold Uncharted 2 in around a few days or something.
But back to my original point. Look at the Tony Hawk series now, it sells like garbage, and Activision give them shit all for a budget and they make shit games. Skate 3 proves that there is still a little something left in that genre, but because of poor sales, Activision cannot put the resources behind making a good game.

True, but this is the harware and there is just a small difference and what about the Wii, it sold the most and its got the worst 3rd party games doesn't it? Razz
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:01 am

txtman8095 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

OK... Or the video makes too much sense and you don't like logic?

1. The Wii is #1 and it has the worst 3rd Party support this Gen. doesn't it? Nice point

2. Sony PROMISED (key word) us a ten year life span and they delivered their promise and in the year 2010 PS3 sold more and you don't see me bragging about it do you? Two years straight it sold more didn't it? And the only reason Microsoft discontinued the Xbox is because Nvidia ceased production of their graphics chip and thats why for 360 they went ATI.

3. Uhmm... This is the CONSOLE WAR not a job offering and if you really want to work for Microsoft that much, you might as well move to India, its where MS employs the most

1. The Wii appeals to a different market......a market that doesnt give a shit about a games quality cause they barely even qualify as a gamer in the first place. Im talking about traditional games consoles that appeal to the core first.........hence my examples of past consoles and the 360/ps3.....u know, consoles that appeal to gamers first.

2. PS3 is selling ok....nothing compared to its predecessors. Sony promised 10 year lifespans because ps1 and ps2 sold the most. They could afford to make that promise. Now...........they could still meet a 10 year lifespan, but face it, the ps3 will never get the same support the ps2 had. Xbox was discontinued cause it was sold at a loss to compete with PS2 since launch, its that simple.

3. Console war is fought by corporations...........who employ people to give us consoles to bitch about in the first place.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:03 am

txtman8095 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

KZ2 and Uncharted had bad sales given the hype but still sold millions, just WAY less millions then expected.

The ps3 version of vesperia was better.......but the 360 version sold more. A japanese centric title sold more on 360.......sign right there that sony aint what it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Neither is M$. Both companies pretty much suck now, but if I had to pick the lesser of two evils, it'd be Sony.

Good thing Microsoft made Windows, otherwise I'd be stuck with the godawful OS X or utterly useless-to-me Linux.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salez don't matter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salez don't matter   Salez don't matter Empty

Back to top Go down

Salez don't matter
Page 1 of 1