This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Controllers (power issue)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Freak
Seaman Recruit

Controllers (power issue) Empty
PostSubject: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:18 am

I have had the 360 since it launched with the same controller. I bought a play and charge unit (battery pack and cable) about two months later. Now about 5 years later my controller seems to die very quickly ... am I being unreasonable to expect it to last a bit longer than 5 years. Also do you think it has anything to do with the keyboard add on ... does this constantly drain additional power from the pad ?

How often have you replaced your charger pack ? Let me know people ! Do I just need to buy a new pack.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 am

It's time to replace, simple as that. 5 years is a long time for a rechargeable battery
Back to top Go down
Mr Freak
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks bro. Have you had a similar experience ?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:20 am

Yeah my controller battery is showing signs of failing. It only works for about 5 hours now when I used to be able to get about 15 hours out of it. I think i might just replace sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Mr Freak
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:36 am

Wow 5 hours ... I played Reach for about 3 hours last night and had to plug in as the dreaded green spinner appeared. I would love to be able to play for 5 hours at a time but I am afraid my wife might have an issue with that (he he he) Mad
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Mr Freak wrote:
Wow 5 hours ... I played Reach for about 3 hours last night and had to plug in as the dreaded green spinner appeared. I would love to be able to play for 5 hours at a time but I am afraid my wife might have an issue with that (he he he) Mad

No I don't mean I play for 5 consecutive hours, the battery probably only last for a total of 5 hours and thats just a rough estimate.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:55 am

You could just leave it plugged in and use it as a wired controller.
Back to top Go down
Mr Freak
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 am

That kind of undermines £30 controller thing huh !!!!! I will just buy a new battery pack I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controllers (power issue)   Controllers (power issue) Empty

Back to top Go down

Controllers (power issue)
Page 1 of 1