This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?

Go down 
+5
Stigma
Juan Mario
cigar
ghost23
BlackCowsOnIce
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Far Cry 2 blooooooows.

That's what I heard, why I didn't get it. Far Cry 1 was great, though.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Yeah, avoid it. Overhyped.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:20 am

Ihsahn wrote:

What? No, it's not overhyped at all. It is a very good game. Been loving it since I got it.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:25 am

LOL, Ihsahn, the one thing I learned about you is that you're extremely critical on videogames. What games DO you like?

I played FC2 for a while on my friend's Alienware, seems boring. There's not that much action and the plot seemed stretched and stupid.

Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:

What? No, it's not overhyped at all. It is a very good game. Been loving it since I got it.
Not by the community, but the devs. They promised so much and delivered so little.

Don't get me wrong it had its moments (graphics, setting, the guns and fire spreading) but the checkpoints, gun breaking gimmick, storyline (and voice acting), multiplayer, repetitious missions and the linearity of it (pretty much confined to driving on roads through those god damn checkpoints) brought the game down a lot.

I'd say it's worth a rent, but not a buy. It was a very overhyped game and it fell short by a lot.

What games do I like? A lot. Uncharted 2, SMG 1 and 2, League of Legends, COD4, Super Meat Boy, I Wanna Be The Guy, Mirror's Edge etc. I like a lot of games, but yes I'm critical.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:29 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:

Not by the community, but the devs. They promised so much and delivered so little.

Don't get me wrong it had its moments (graphics, setting, the guns and fire spreading) but the checkpoints, gun breaking gimmick, storyline (and voice acting), multiplayer, repetitious missions and the linearity of it (pretty much confined to driving on roads through those god damn checkpoints) brought the game down a lot.

I'd say it's worth a rent, but not a buy. It was a very overhyped game and it fell short by a lot.

What games do I like? A lot. Uncharted 2, SMG 1 and 2, League of Legends, COD4, Super Meat Boy, I Wanna Be The Guy, Mirror's Edge etc. I like a lot of games, but yes I'm critical.
Mirror's Edge was good but only on PC. It's not meant to be used with a controller. It's like Urban Terror, fast paced, meant for a Keyboard + Mouse combo. Uncharted 2 is a great game as well. COD4 was meh to me. COD has always been meh. The only two COD's that awed me was COD3 and CODBO (Campaign).
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:02 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:

Yeah, no matter who you are, you gotta love CoD4. Best Game of 2007, and 2007 is the Best Year of Gaming, so put those 2 together...

Edit: No.
Super Mario Galaxy was the best of 2007.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:21 am

Ye I have the PC version of ME. Got it for like 5 bucks over the summer sale.

And yeah SMG was best of 2007 then COD4. Both SMGs have been GOTY for me.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:30 pm

2010 wasn't an amazing year. This year it was really ME2, RDR, and SMG2. Other than that, you got a new Halo but it didn't innovate enough to justify it's 3 year development time (Armor abilities and some new additions to Firefight).
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't play Halo so I can't tell how good Reach is. The gameplay doesn't look too bad.

Though, I hate to say it, but the story in all the Halo games suck. The universe is best left to the books.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:19 pm

The original Halo was OK. Other than that, lolno. I have to admit, Halo is the best thing my PC/PS3 combo is missing out on.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Dawg, the original Halo was the only good one (2 had its moments).
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

ODST is OK for it's price. It's Reach for 30 bucks Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:07 pm

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
2010 wasn't an amazing year. This year it was really ME2, RDR, and SMG2. Other than that, you got a new Halo but it didn't innovate enough to justify it's 3 year development time (Armor abilities and some new additions to Firefight).

Bungie have said that Reach was made for the fans. If you never liked Halo, it was never going to change your opinion of the game. Reach was more about refinement than innovation
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Ok, but I think innovation is more important than refinement. I don't want to spend an extra 60 dollars so I can get my old shoes polished. Wouldn't I rather just get a new pair of shoes (get the metaphor?)?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:50 pm

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
Ok, but I think innovation is more important than refinement. I don't want to spend an extra 60 dollars so I can get my old shoes polished. Wouldn't I rather just get a new pair of shoes (get the metaphor?)?

Like I said, it was made for the fans who have played this game from the very start and have been requesting these changes to perfect the Halo formula.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 pm

I like how people say that Halo doesn't "innovate" or it's the "same" every time considering that there is no other game on the market that plays anything like it. Resistance and Haze are similar but that's it. And Haze sucks balls anyways.

And I found Reach to be quite a lot different from Halo 3 but hell, that guy doesn't even have an Xbox and the other just said he doesn't play Halo.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

OK that's great but I'm gonna shut up right now to prevent further arguments. If I think there are a surplus of PC shooters that Halo doesn't matter at this point (although I do agree Halo is pretty great), that's what I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?   Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post your Xbox 360 Entry Games?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: