This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT Empty
PostSubject: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:25 pm

IN PREPARATION FOR MY UPCOMING PC THAT IS THE BEST ENTRY PC EVER (an average PC entry? X2-245 w/ 4870 and 3 gigs RAM. My entry? X4-955 w/5770 and 4 gigs RAM. Ohyeah.) I HAVE PREPARED A PREPARATION SO PREPARED IT NEEDS TO HAVE ANY MAGGOTS REMOVED AND ANY FAT CUT FROM IT.

POINT IS, HERE IS MY STEAM WISHLIST. I PLAN TO OWN ALL 51 OF THESE GAMES BY MID 2012. AND I KNOW SOME GAMES ARE JUST PLAIN FUCKING BULLSHIT. SO I WANT YOU GUYS TO HELP ME CUT OUT THE FAT AND REPLACE IT WITH SHINY GOLD.
MY WISHLIST:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/burningraids/wishlist/

TELL ME WHAT GAMES CAN BE REMOVED AND REPLACED FOR DIFFERENT GAMES.

I have 50 dollars to spend each month on games, so yeah, price isn't too much of a problem.

Also, mods, please don't put this to the PC sub-forum. No one check those.

Edit: Not even one post and I can remove my own crap. From 51 to 30! But most of that was easy... who plays Max Payne, anyways?
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 am

I notice you didn't get Orange Box even though you have 4 of the 5 games on it... It may be sorta casual, but TF2 is still fun (fucking hats), and OB is still a bargain regardless of whether you play TF2 or not.

You can skip Torchlight and Civ 5... and possibly CS:S

And buy physical copies of Fallout 3 and Oblivion, those games were made to be modded
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:20 am

You should get some older games man: Jericho, Doom 1-3, Quake 1-2, Chaser, SiN: Emergence (2 games for price of 1) and that's all I can think of. Max Payne is an amazing game, you should get it. Most PC gamers are fans of the series.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 pm

cigar, you can mod Steam games... anything that was on the CD is installed in your hard drive.

NO I AM NOT SKIPPING CIV 5

Probably, Torchlight, though.

You can't add collections to your wishlist, so I just added all the games in the collection.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Don't get Torchlight. It's D2 minus the depth.

Just get Diablo 2.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:24 am

Starcraft 2. Best PC game I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Have you played Starcraft I? If you have, you'll see that both of them are virtually the same in terms of gameplay except for terrain and a more fixed economy. Let me finish Brood War, first Smile.

Edit:

OK, now that I cut the crap, I need to polish the gold.

Recommend some great

-survival horror that's not Ded Spaec Too
-shooters, primarily first-person
-RPGs and RTSSs
-Indie

If you can give me alot of indie and shooter games, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Metro 2033 and STALKER. And get Silent Hill 2, its still the mindfuckiest game of all time.

You previously said you were getting Civ 5... I honestly think you should go for Civ 4 and Alpha Centauri.

And screw it, get The Sims. I know it's the Halo of PC, but its still some good dumb fun

I hate giving huge lists, I like suggesting a few great titles instead of 50 good ones.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:29 pm

God, I already have like 50 great titles in my wishlist. LOL.

Yeah, I saw some Civ 4 and Civ 5 videos. I'm a complete noob to the Civ series and I can see Civ 4 is a better start.

Is Sims like open-ended life in a videogame?
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 pm

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
God, I already have like 50 great titles in my wishlist. LOL.

Yeah, I saw some Civ 4 and Civ 5 videos. I'm a complete noob to the Civ series and I can see Civ 4 is a better start.

Is Sims like open-ended life in a videogame?

OK, I know you're only 16 but I'm still a bit surprised that you don't know about The Sims... Yeah, it's pretty much just a people simulator. You make them eat and crap and interactand go to work and all that junk... surprisingly addictive, IMO.

I honestly haven't played Civ 5, but I'm not interested at all. The previous ones were alright, but Alpha Centauri is the best, IMO. It's Space Civ.

Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:47 am

I know about Sims. I played some of the shitty spin-offs, never the actual trilogy, though.
I think it's primed and ready for mass purchase!

www.steamcommunity.com/id/burningraids/wishilist
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:06 am

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
I know about Sims. I played some of the shitty spin-offs, never the actual trilogy, though.
I think it's primed and ready for mass purchase!

www.steamcommunity.com/id/burningraids/wishilist

I wouldn't call it a trilogy, per se... You play one, you've played them all...

Pretty great wish list, glad you decided to go for Civ IV (although I still recommend Alpha Centauri).

EDIT::::::::
Can't believe I forgot to mention Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines... put it on your priority list
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:53 am

cigar wrote:
You play one, you've played them all...

LOL

Alpha Centuari isn't on Steam.

Moar games:
Red Orchestra
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Audiosurf
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
VVVVVV
Gothic II
Sins of a Solar Empire
League of Legends
Burnout Paradise
Grim Fandango
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
X-COM: UFO Defense
Supreme Commander 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
System Shock 2
Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2 (Special editions, of course)
STALKER
Braid
Diablo II
Minecraft
Deus Ex
ES4: Oblivion
ES3: Morrowind

How u liek?
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:58 am

Oh yah, since most of this will go into mid-2012, here are more anticipated games:
Mass Effect 3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Crysis 2
Dragon Age 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Total War: Shogun 2
Red Faction: Armageddon
Torchlight 2 if Diablo III is trollandelayed again (Blizzard, don't pull shit like you did with SC2 and especially Ghost)
Duke Nukem Forever
Diablo III

Piracy will probably be instilled in alot of my older games (TIE Fighter, ahem) and the newer ones that aren't as good as the rest of my list (aka Dead Space 2 which is way too overpriced for it's content, New Vegas, Mirror's Edge)

Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 am

No way in Hell is New Vegas overpriced. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:49 am

Grim Fandango is probably one of the best games ever made... its a shame that Tim Schaffer projects don't get much love or sales... And I despise Minecraft, but a lot of people seem to like it so whatever. I'd pirate it, makes no sense to pay $15 for a beta

And VVVVVV=Win. That damn soundtrack is catchy
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am

cigar wrote:
Grim Fandango is probably one of the best games ever made... its a shame that Tim Schaffer projects don't get much love or sales... And I despise Minecraft, but a lot of people seem to like it so whatever. I'd pirate it, makes no sense to pay $15 for a beta

How so? What makes you despise it so much? The originality? The unique? RPG not your style?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:29 pm

cigar wrote:

Ugh, VVVVVV sucks. Good soundtrack, bad mechanics. The movement is really unprecise.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
cigar wrote:

Ugh, VVVVVV sucks. Good soundtrack, bad mechanics. The movement is really unprecise.

I'm letting the win soundtrack cloud my judgment... But you're probably right

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
cigar wrote:

How so? What makes you despise it so much? The originality? The unique? RPG not your style?

Maybe because I'm not autistic and because I had Legos when I was a kid
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
cigar wrote:

Maybe because I'm not autistic and because I had Legos when I was a kid[/quote]

You just lost all respect. What do legos and Autism have to do with this? Oh wait... nothing. You're starting to fit the definition of "Troll" I would stop while your hole isn't that deep. You are in the top 10 idiots I've ever met.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Oh noes, I've offended an underaged furry! Woe is me
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:36 pm

cigar wrote:
Oh noes, I've offended an underaged furry! Woe is me

Aw how cute the troll is making false accusations. There is no such thing as an underaged furry. I feel sorry for you.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 10:32 pm

cigar wrote:

Grim Fandango is amazing. Loved that game. Now I need to find it.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Mixed in with a bunch of better games that cost 10-30 dollars, New Vegas sticks out as more expensive. I mean, if BC2 is 20 dollars and tOB is 30 dollars, and FO3 w/ DLC is 30 dollars and Borderlands is 20 dollars, why should I spend 50 dollars on a decent game if all these gold games are cheaper?

However, when mixed with today's 60 dollars for a 4 hour campaign bullshit, yes, New Vegas sticks out as one of the better deals. I'm just saying it's overpriced when compared to my wishlist .
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:43 pm

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Mixed in with a bunch of better games that cost 10-30 dollars, New Vegas sticks out as more expensive. I mean, if BC2 is 20 dollars and tOB is 30 dollars, and FO3 w/ DLC is 30 dollars and Borderlands is 20 dollars, why should I spend 50 dollars on a decent game if all these gold games are cheaper?

However, when mixed with today's 60 dollars for a 4 hour campaign bullshit, yes, New Vegas sticks out as one of the better deals. I'm just saying it's overpriced when compared to my wishlist .

$60 for a 4 hour campaign would be MW2. New Vegas is more of $60 for hundreds of hours of gameplay. More like underpriced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT Empty

Back to top Go down

I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: PC Gaming-
Jump to: