This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Combat Evolved Remake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Halo Combat Evolved Remake Empty
PostSubject: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/

Just saw this posted on G7. Very fucking awesome, coming November 15. This is an actual remake btw, not a HD port or a remastered version.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Thats just fucking awesome!
Too many fucking games for 2011.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:39 pm

I love how the buttsex fanboys say that "the shitbox 3shitty has no games this year".

I bet they are wetting themselves now.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Very nice. Been wanting to play Halo CE after the Reach ending.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 am

Don't care. Right now, if this is all we're getting and its charged at $60, that's just more reason to dislike the Xbox. I'm not gonna pay top dollar for a glorified upgrade of a perfectly awesome game.

Bungie isn't even developing it so the chances of this flopping are enormous. Or at least being horribly inferior to the original.

Doesn't need an upgrade. Just milking it at this point.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:47 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Don't care. Right now, if this is all we're getting and its charged at $60, that's just more reason to dislike the Xbox. I'm not gonna pay top dollar for a glorified upgrade of a perfectly awesome game.

Bungie isn't even developing it so the chances of this flopping are enormous. Or at least being horribly inferior to the original.

whoa now

We are getting a new game potentially and thats a reason to dislike the xbox? So youd like them more if you didnt get a game? That makes no sense, as a gamer youd instinctively want more games, therefore disliking a console, even for offering a remake, is silly cause even a remake is better then nothing at all.

This would be completely revamped graphics wise, unlike PS3 games like Sly Collection or the GOW collection which are merely HDified. Not to mention there could be more in store; after all its too early to say we have all the facts here.

It doesnt matter if Bungie aint making it......all the devs have to do is take a game and give it a next gen facelift and hopefully add a upgrade here and there.

It also cant flop if we as 360 gamers set the hype at a appropriate level. We certainly arent as stupid as ps3 fanboys who hype EVERY ps3 exclusive AAA and hope each one becomes that and blame the reviewers when the game surprise surprise gets A or AA. I personally hype it as AA since it isnt technically a "new" full fledged Halo fps.

Milking? Its the ten year anniversary........anything with a ten year anniversary deserves something nostalgic brought into the present. And if your a Halo fan....you'd welcome every Halo you can get, especially what is widely regarded to be the best Halo game of them all.

Sorry, didnt mean to come off as offensive, just seen a lot of posts like this and felt I had to say something

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:56 am

Ihsahn wrote:

This isn't an HD port like the Gow Collection. This is an actual remake. Ya know, like it'll have better graphics than Reach and with multiplayer. And it's probably be a little bit like Goldeneye 007 for the Wii was where the campaign levels are similar to the original game's but different.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:26 am

Shows that any creativity left in Halo franchise left with Bungie, this is like when a band makes a 'Greatest Hits' album because they can't write anything new.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Quote :
whoa now

We are getting a new game potentially and thats a reason to dislike the xbox? So youd like them more if you didnt get a game? That makes no sense, as a gamer youd instinctively want more games, therefore disliking a console, even for offering a remake, is silly cause even a remake is better then nothing at all.
Not at all. I'd rather not have CoD on any console on anything because its a milked franchise at this point (whether it's the most popular shooter or not). My point behind the Xbox comment is that if this console has to scrape the bottom of the barrel for exclusives then that's pretty sad. I mean, I want to use my Xbox, but this just isn't enough to get me to turn it back on. I have nothing against it, but when the system is just returning to more Halo stuff instead of getting new franchises and exclusives it gets a little old considering I have zero interest in Gears of War and Halo.

Quote :
This would be completely revamped graphics wise, unlike PS3 games like Sly Collection or the GOW collection which are merely HDified. Not to mention there could be more in store; after all its too early to say we have all the facts here.
I'm not a fan of the GOW collection being HDified. I don't know much about the Sly Collection, though. I don't know if it came at a smaller price or if it wasn't compatible or whatever. Feel free to let me know though.

Quote :
It doesnt matter if Bungie aint making it......all the devs have to do is take a game and give it a next gen facelift and hopefully add a upgrade here and there.
It does, though. They can add and change many things. They'll be in charge of balancing multiplayer (which is a big reason this is being remade, no?) and I'm sure they'll have some power in adding or removing parts of the game or whatever. No one ever remakes and just makes the exact same game with upgrades.

Quote :
It also cant flop if we as 360 gamers set the hype at a appropriate level. We certainly arent as stupid as ps3 fanboys who hype EVERY ps3 exclusive AAA and hope each one becomes that and blame the reviewers when the game surprise surprise gets A or AA. I personally hype it as AA since it isnt technically a "new" full fledged Halo fps.
That's a wide generalization. I know some PS3 fanboys who hype up only a small amount of their exclusives to be AAA (not that it matters at all, keep this in mind. Review scores mean jack shit) so I'm sure, like insane PS3 fanboys, the 360 fanboys will overhype the shit out of this. Its THE Xbox franchise. Why wouldn't it be overhyped? Halo: CE was an amazing game. Halo has always been overhyped because the majority of its fanbase are prepubescent kids or illogical 'tards who will buy anything Bungie makes no matter how bad it is (like Blizzard fanboys).

Quote :
Milking? Its the ten year anniversary........anything with a ten year anniversary deserves something nostalgic brought into the present. And if your a Halo fan....you'd welcome every Halo you can get, especially what is widely regarded to be the best Halo game of them all.
The problem is that everything that has been announced is not worth the money. Graphics? Don't care about them. Multiplayer? Couldn't you just remake the maps and put them as DLC to Halo Reach? What does CE's multi have over Reach? Not much.

My gripe is that this game doesn't need a remake. The game is still awesome to this day. Everything in this day and age is about sequels and remakes. Everything needs to be part of an existing IP.

Quote :
This isn't an HD port like the Gow Collection. This is an actual remake. Ya know, like it'll have better graphics than Reach and with multiplayer. And it's probably be a little bit like Goldeneye 007 for the Wii was where the campaign levels are similar to the original game's but different.
Yes, but the info we've been given just screams of $60 glorified upgrade.

The keyword in my original post was "right now" so when we get more info about it my mind may change, but if better graphics (that I don't care about) and multiplayer is all this game is getting with the risk of the awesome campaign being defiled, count me out. I'm going purely off what we've been told.

Also, I agree with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:13 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Shows that any creativity left in Halo franchise left with Bungie, this is like when a band makes a 'Greatest Hits' album because they can't write anything new.

Umm no. It's a celebration for Microsoft. A celebration for 10 years of FPS dominance, even with the huge number of FPS's coming out these days, Halo is still regarded as one of the best. This remake is purely for the fans.
Also, going by your logic, Sony re-releasing all their old games (ICO, Shadow of the Collosus, God of War 1 and 2, Sly Cooper, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia) means that creativity for all those franchises have disappeared?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:34 am

in the end, you can spin but its really just a celebration of being out for 10 years.

its not even confirmed, we dont know anything thats going to be in the remake ontop of the origional content.

what matters is that this is for the diehard halo fans, and if your not one, then move along, nothing to see here.

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 am

ghost23 wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Umm no. It's a celebration for Microsoft. A celebration for 10 years of FPS dominance, even with the huge number of FPS's coming out these days, Halo is still regarded as one of the best. This remake is purely for the fans.
Also, going by your logic, Sony re-releasing all their old games (ICO, Shadow of the Collosus, God of War 1 and 2, Sly Cooper, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia) means that creativity for all those franchises have disappeared?

Did I even say I cared about ICO, Shadow of the Collosus, God of War 1 and 2, Sly Cooper, Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia?

I own a 360, so whether Sony chooses to make HD ports (not re-makes) of their old games is of little concern to me.

Seen as you bring up Sony as some sort of justifaction for a Halo re-make? I do know Sony fanboys have been calling for a re-make of Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII for an eternity so where are they then?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:55 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Did I even say I cared about ICO, Shadow of the Collosus, God of War 1 and 2, Sly Cooper, Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia?

I own a 360, so whether Sony chooses to make HD ports (not re-makes) of their old games is of little concern to me.

Seen as you bring up Sony as some sort of justifaction for a Halo re-make? I do know Sony fanboys have been calling for a re-make of Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII for an eternity so where are they then?

lol no justification, just merely stating that Sony has been in the business of re-releasing all of their old games, but this does not mean that they have run out of creative ideas for the product. Same applies to Halo.
Also, the Halo HD remake is being handled by a completely different studio, the main Halo studio, 343 Industries, is still working on new content to further expand Halo.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:09 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
in the end, you can spin but its really just a celebration of being out for 10 years.

its not even confirmed, we dont know anything thats going to be in the remake ontop of the origional content.

what matters is that this is for the diehard halo fans, and if your not one, then move along, nothing to see here.
Exactly why there isn't much conviction behind what I say. I'm holding off for more info, but my thoughts on this so far is a no no.

Back to top Go down
Cylon8472
Seaman
Seaman
Cylon8472

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Lets face it. No Halo remake by any developer is going to phase me to turn away from Halo: Costom Edition on PC. there is just too much I can do with it that I know I will not be able to do with an axbox remake. The Mod community has already turned Halo on PC into the best Version of the game by any stretch. Better Graphics mods, Making your own wepons, Making you own levels from scratch(3DSmax,Blender,Mya,Wings 3D) and even making your own Models. Unless this remake get PC treatment (Wich i'm very sure it won't) I'll stay with the tried and true Halo CE on PC.

these are just some minor mods of my own-------------
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 am

^ The Cake is a Lie ^
Back to top Go down
Cylon8472
Seaman
Seaman
Cylon8472

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:11 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
^ The Cake is a Lie ^

lol But the mods are for real.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:04 pm

I heard about this a month or two ago. Good for Microsoft, but I'm just wondering without Bungie is it gonna be good?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Cylon8472
Seaman
Seaman
Cylon8472

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:00 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
I heard about this a month or two ago. Good for Microsoft, but I'm just wondering without Bungie is it gonna be good?
Bungie was the lifeblood of the franchise, without them theres not much hope realy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Combat Evolved Remake   Halo Combat Evolved Remake Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Combat Evolved Remake
Page 1 of 1