This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rant: Atheists and Religion

Go down 
+7
NightFang91
igame
Arbiteris
Stoney
Stigma
Noelol
Thebruteslayer17
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

Rant: Atheists and Religion Empty
PostSubject: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:11 pm

I know everyone is gone but i just want to get this monkey off my back...
Why do atheists bash religion? 'Cause they believe in simple logic.
However, they sometimes wish religion didn't exist because they wish for no war. But what they don't realize is that Religion established
civilization, because man had beliefs, they built temples which led to the first civilization.
If religion didn't exist, there would be no such thing as computers and technology, and we would not be fighting over Xbox 360 or PS3,
we would be fighting over a peice of meat, screaming at each other naked and VERY hairy.

Also, I think religion established morals, because of the concept of sin, there are good people out in the world.
But also bad people and war, but we can't do anything about it, Humanity will always fight. It's nature.
Just like animals of today, you can't help but to fight.

Just sayin'...
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 pm

I don't get it man. Whats the point about it?
Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Aksys wrote:

Um...have you read it?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Actually without religion the human race would be extremely advanced right now. For hundreds of years the Vatican exiled or executed scientist who argued with Plato's and Aristotle theories, hell it took forever for people to finally accept that the Earth wasn't the center of the universe. Society formed because of a need to survive, humans are the most intelligent species on the planet. Hands were meant for building.

Religion also lead to the crusades and holocaust and many other wars and genocides. Once Spain kicked out everyone from the country who wasn't Christian. I'm not saying there is no God or no Devil, but Religion has certainly impeded human advancement. Hell you've got people who beat and kill gays because it's "immoral". If someone's gay what's wrong with it?

And then you've got people who take advantage of religion. Churches who buy golden fucking candle sticks and really expensive silverware with the tithe money. People who have accused others of being witches or Lucifer's agent. People who commit crimes and claim God told them too. Like that one 60 year old guy who kidnapped a 14 year old girl, beat her, raped her, and forced to marry him to become his second wife.

Religion established the concept of virtues and sins. But that's all it really did. It's fine if you have a faith, but don't say it made the world any better.

I could write a book on all the problems with religion but I don't really feel like it now.
Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:55 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Actually without religion the human race would be extremely advanced right now. For hundreds of years the Vatican exiled or executed scientist who argued with Plato's and Aristotle theories, hell it took forever for people to finally accept that the Earth wasn't the center of the universe. Society formed because of a need to survive, humans are the most intelligent species on the planet. Hands were meant for building.

Religion also lead to the crusades and holocaust and many other wars and genocides. Once Spain kicked out everyone from the country who wasn't Christian. I'm not saying there is no God or no Devil, but Religion has certainly impeded human advancement. Hell you've got people who beat and kill gays because it's "immoral". If someone's gay what's wrong with it?

And then you've got people who take advantage of religion. Churches who buy golden fucking candle sticks and really expensive silverware with the tithe money. People who have accused others of being witches or Lucifer's agent. People who commit crimes and claim God told them too. Like that one 60 year old guy who kidnapped a 14 year old girl, beat her, raped her, and forced to marry him to become his second wife.

Religion established the concept of virtues and sins. But that's all it really did. It's fine if you have a faith, but don't say it made the world any better.

I could write a book on all the problems with religion but I don't really feel like it now.

*Sigh* I don't give a fuck anymore...just delete this entire thread, please?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:15 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:13 pm

lol @ TheBruteSlayer's response. Smile
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Thebruteslayer17 wrote:
Aksys wrote:

Um...have you read it?
Uhh...no...because I dont want to talk bout religion.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:10 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Such an aethiest response.

Dude, im not going to get into a long debate with you(If you want a long debate, go talk with Ezekiel) but religion has made the world better.Not always in a grand scale, but small things religous people do benefit the world.You talk about alot of the bad things religion has caused but like the bible says, it is man's nature to do those things.Religions have not started wars, its the religious followers who did.Religion talks about peace and forgiveness, not war and killing.Any religion who does promote killing isnt not a religion, but instead a cult.It is in our nature to destroy the world and sin, whether you beleive in god or not, you cant deny this.This world will one day be destroyed, even if you dont beleive in armegeddon you cant deny the fact that humans destroy things.Hell, if rapture and armegeddon doesnt happen in the next hundred years then I feel terribly sorry for the people on this planet then.Even today the world is getting terribly worse.

But like bruteslayer said, aethiest just belive in simple logic.And I do agree with him about religion progressing civilization.

And scince this is a rant thread, I just want to say that I honestly feel sorta bad for aethiests.To beleive in no afterlife or god is downright depressing.No matter how you look at it.So scince your an aethiest, when your loved ones die, you will never see them again by an aethiest logic.And when you die, the world will still be a terrible place and people will still suffer.And that your just in the line of people dying and most likely wont make any sort of difference in the world.Yup, I know that would depress the hell outa me.

Religion is about faith, not facts or science.And the funny thing is, is that all the events in the bible(minus the armegeddon, rapture ect stuff) has happened.

And if one day in our lifetime a large part of the human population dissapears out of no where, know that rapture has just happened and that armegeddon is on its way.And that is your very last chance to ask for forgiveness of your sins

Back to top Go down
Thebruteslayer17
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Thebruteslayer17

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Such an aethiest response.

Dude, im not going to get into a long debate with you(If you want a long debate, go talk with Ezekiel) but religion has made the world better.Not always in a grand scale, but small things religous people do benefit the world.You talk about alot of the bad things religion has caused but like the bible says, it is man's nature to do those things.Religions have not started wars, its the religious followers who did.Religion talks about peace and forgiveness, not war and killing.Any religion who does promote killing isnt not a religion, but instead a cult.It is in our nature to destroy the world and sin, whether you beleive in god or not, you cant deny this.This world will one day be destroyed, even if you dont beleive in armegeddon you cant deny the fact that humans destroy things.Hell, if rapture and armegeddon doesnt happen in the next hundred years then I feel terribly sorry for the people on this planet then.Even today the world is getting terribly worse.

But like bruteslayer said, aethiest just belive in simple logic.And I do agree with him about religion progressing civilization.

And scince this is a rant thread, I just want to say that I honestly feel sorta bad for aethiests.To beleive in no afterlife or god is downright depressing.No matter how you look at it.So scince your an aethiest, when your loved ones die, you will never see them again by an aethiest logic.And when you die, the world will still be a terrible place and people will still suffer.And that your just in the line of people dying and most likely wont make any sort of difference in the world.Yup, I know that would depress the hell outa me.

Religion is about faith, not facts or science.And the funny thing is, is that all the events in the bible(minus the armegeddon, rapture ect stuff) has happened.

And if one day in our lifetime a large part of the human population dissapears out of no where, know that rapture has just happened and that armegeddon is on its way.And that is your very last chance to ask for forgiveness of your sins

THANK YOU. I was raised Christian, but atheist slap their "logic" in my face so much that now I don't know what to beileve in anymore...
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Yeah cuz its very logical to believe that everything was created so perfectly just by luck lol
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:08 am

@Ard
I'm not an atheist actually, I believe in demons and all that, but I'm not gonna go worship some hypocritical deity. You are completely wrong on religion. Religion is all about killing. God was upset at the Egyptian Pharaoh so he punished him by killing the first born son in every single household in Egypt. Thousands killed as a punishment to one man. Noah's Ark, God kills nearly every single person on the planet to punish some corrupt rulers.

Do you realize how many people died in the crusades? 5 million in the first four. Then you have to put into account the Albigensian Crusade, The Children's Crusade, and so on. Then you add all those who died in religious wars like the English Revolution and the 30 Years war. If it hadn't been for the Ottoman Empire the Vatican would have had tens of millions of Africans, Middle Eastern, and Asian people killed to turn them into Catholics. It doesn't make since what you said. Religious followers start wars because of Religion.

Japan had Shinto and whatnot, but most Japanese people now are religion less and that country is the third richest in the world and has one of the lowest crime rates of all first world countries. So no, you don't need religion.

You are right about something though. Religion has never done good on a grand scale, or never will, but small things religious people do, like giving to the poor.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Thebruteslayer17 wrote:
I know everyone is gone but i just want to get this monkey off my back...
Why do atheists bash religion? 'Cause they believe in simple logic.
However, they sometimes wish religion didn't exist because they wish for no war. But what they don't realize is that Religion established
civilization, because man had beliefs, they built temples which led to the first civilization.
If religion didn't exist, there would be no such thing as computers and technology, and we would not be fighting over Xbox 360 or PS3,
we would be fighting over a peice of meat, screaming at each other naked and VERY hairy.

Also, I think religion established morals, because of the concept of sin, there are good people out in the world.
But also bad people and war, but we can't do anything about it, Humanity will always fight. It's nature.
Just like animals of today, you can't help but to fight.

Just sayin'...

The first civilization began 12 000 BC. Please, tell me how civilizations have anything to do with religion. If religions didn't exist, we'd probably have a lot more advanced technology since we wouldn't have gone through the dark ages (hint: it's called the DARK ages for a reason).

I don't understand those who say that people are moral because of some scripture. Do you need to be threatened with eternal pain and suffering just to not hurt someone? I know killing someone is wrong, and I'm not religious.
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:22 pm

lol at people that obviously have never had an intimate relationship with God
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 am

igame wrote:
lol at people that obviously have never had an intimate relationship with God

What's so good about it?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:03 am

Believe what you want. Just don't go pushing down other peoples throats. Both religious and athiests are guilty of this.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Stoney wrote:
Believe what you want. Just don't go pushing down other peoples throats. Both religious and athiests are guilty of this.

Dammit, how many times do I have to tell you people. I believe there's a god, I just refuse to worship him is all.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 am

I need evidence to believe in anything and religion is anything but. I believe when you die it's lights out all out. You can either spend your life enjoying yourself and living life to the full or spend all these precious days worrying about what 'might' come afterwards. The only reason religion and the afterlife exist is only because people can not accept that there is nothing after the life we live now.

There's no need to feel depressed about this, because you won't feel anything. I think some people believe it would be like trapped in a dark room for all of eternity or something?

My idea of an afterlife is to be remembered in death for the good things you did in life and that covers the morality issue which is the only good thing about religion in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm

I love how we give credit to religion for all of the good things that happened in the world or blame it for all of the world's atrocities. I believe in personal responsibility.

Religion is violent, but it's the individual people that change things. An idea can't spark anything physical without people to act it out.

And don't group all atheists under the "shove our beliefs down your throat." At that point, you're treading into vocal anti-religion. I don't believe in God. That makes me an atheist, but that says nothing about how I feel about religion.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:12 pm

TRF wrote:
I love how we give credit to religion for all of the good things that happened in the world or blame it for all of the world's atrocities. I believe in personal responsibility.

Religion is violent, but it's the individual people that change things. An idea can't spark anything physical without people to act it out.

And don't group all atheists under the "shove our beliefs down your throat." At that point, you're treading into vocal anti-religion. I don't believe in God. That makes me an atheist, but that says nothing about how I feel about religion.

Kent Hovind and Richard Dawkins. On opposite sides, but fundamentalists at heart.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:32 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
I need evidence to believe in anything and religion is anything but. I believe when you die it's lights out all out. You can either spend your life enjoying yourself and living life to the full or spend all these precious days worrying about what 'might' come afterwards. The only reason religion and the afterlife exist is only because people can not accept that there is nothing after the life we live now.

There's no need to feel depressed about this, because you won't feel anything. I think some people believe it would be like trapped in a dark room for all of eternity or something?

My idea of an afterlife is to be remembered in death for the good things you did in life and that covers the morality issue which is the only good thing about religion in my opinion.

Incorrect, religion or afterlife isnt just created because people dont want to beleive its lights out.Look at Jesus for example, he was a real man who started christianity.

So when your parents die or your loved ones, your comforted by the fact that you will never EVER see them again(according to your beleifs)?That doesnt make you depressed?

I beleive this universe wasnt here just for the heck of it, I instead beleive athat a greater power created it.

Christianity for example doesnt hold any full and completly solid proof, but there is evidence out there that god and supernatural beings exist.Hell, everything the bible has said has happened.And there is evidence out there that spirits and demons exist.And if demons exist, then angels must exist.And if angels and demons exist, then God and Satan must exist.There is full evidence out there that the world isnt just as it seems.That there are many unexplainable things that have happened and are not scientifically possible.Hell, there are people out there who their entire career is about handling demons(they are called demonologists)

You talk like religious people worry all their life about the afterlife when in fact its the opposite.In real life, many christians are enjoying their life and are faithful and looking foward for the afterlife.They are at peace knowing that there is a much better life in the end.See, this world we live in is a terrible place, I am comforted that there is a place where there is such thing as peace.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Dammit, how many times do I have to tell you people. I believe there's a god, I just refuse to worship him is all.

You beleive hes real but dont worship him?Why?That doesnt make any sense.Well, what do you mean by worship?

And if you beleive god is real, do you think he will let you in his house when you dont follow him?That he will magically forgive all your sins?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Stoney wrote:

You beleive hes real but dont worship him?Why?That doesnt make any sense.Well, what do you mean by worship?

And if you beleive god is real, do you think he will let you in his house when you dont follow him?That he will magically forgive all your sins?

God's a hypocritical tyrant. Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven no?
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:45 am

Arbiteris wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Incorrect, religion or afterlife isnt just created because people dont want to beleive its lights out.Look at Jesus for example, he was a real man who started christianity.

So when your parents die or your loved ones, your comforted by the fact that you will never EVER see them again(according to your beleifs)?That doesnt make you depressed?

I beleive this universe wasnt here just for the heck of it, I instead beleive athat a greater power created it.

Christianity for example doesnt hold any full and completly solid proof, but there is evidence out there that god and supernatural beings exist.Hell, everything the bible has said has happened.And there is evidence out there that spirits and demons exist.And if demons exist, then angels must exist.And if angels and demons exist, then God and Satan must exist.There is full evidence out there that the world isnt just as it seems.That there are many unexplainable things that have happened and are not scientifically possible.Hell, there are people out there who their entire career is about handling demons(they are called demonologists)

You talk like religious people worry all their life about the afterlife when in fact its the opposite.In real life, many christians are enjoying their life and are faithful and looking foward for the afterlife.They are at peace knowing that there is a much better life in the end.See, this world we live in is a terrible place, I am comforted that there is a place where there is such thing as peace.

I think your confused, I never said religious people worry all their life about the afterlife. I merely said there's no need to worry about whether there is an afterlife whether your religous or not is all.

True, Jesus was a real man who told a good message (That's why I said in my previous post that the morals in Christianity are a good thing). But how does his existence give evidence that there is an afterlife though?
You need not look any further than the mere word 'Faith' to understand that it means belief in something that is not based on proof.

I don't doubt it's easier to believe that you will see your family members again in the afterlife after they die, but just because it's easier to believe that does it really make it true?

If everything in The Bible is true then please explain why the Bible also says the Earth is only 6000 years old? So at what point during those 6000 years were the Dinosaurs knocking about?

Personally I believe I live a decent life and I probably commit no more sins than some devout Christians so please explain why I would burn in Hell for my sins if I haven't comitted any? Or is not been God fearing considered the greatest sin of all? If that is the case then that's not my idea of Religion, more like tyranny.

Either way whatever message Jesus brought with him 2000 years ago doesn't exist anymore. The Vatican makes Christianity look more like a Hierarchy than a Religion and the Vatican even aided many Nazi's escape Justice by helping them flee Europe to settle in Argentina at the end of WWII and in more recent times they protect paedophile priests so who are they to judge what's right or wrong?
Back to top Go down
Cylon8472
Seaman
Seaman
Cylon8472

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:38 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

I think your confused, I never said religious people worry all their life about the afterlife. I merely said there's no need to worry about whether there is an afterlife whether your religous or not is all.

True, Jesus was a real man who told a good message (That's why I said in my previous post that the morals in Christianity are a good thing). But how does his existence give evidence that there is an afterlife though?
You need not look any further than the mere word 'Faith' to understand that it means belief in something that is not based on proof.

I don't doubt it's easier to believe that you will see your family members again in the afterlife after they die, but just because it's easier to believe that does it really make it true?

If everything in The Bible is true then please explain why the Bible also says the Earth is only 6000 years old? So at what point during those 6000 years were the Dinosaurs knocking about?

Personally I believe I live a decent life and I probably commit no more sins than some devout Christians so please explain why I would burn in Hell for my sins if I haven't comitted any? Or is not been God fearing considered the greatest sin of all? If that is the case then that's not my idea of Religion, more like tyranny.

Either way whatever message Jesus brought with him 2000 years ago doesn't exist anymore. The Vatican makes Christianity look more like a Hierarchy than a Religion and the Vatican even aided many Nazi's escape Justice by helping them flee Europe to settle in Argentina at the end of WWII and in more recent times they protect paedophile priests so who are they to judge what's right or wrong?

Just to adress your dinosaur comment. the bible was transalted to english in the 1700's the word Dinosaur wasn't even invented untill 1841. Read Job chapter 41
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant: Atheists and Religion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next