This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wii is not in the console war

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Wii is not in the console war Empty
PostSubject: Wii is not in the console war   Wii is not in the console war EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 pm

This has to stop. And while I'm certain the Wii fans out there will quickly scoff and say, "that's just because you know that Sony or Microsoft has no hope of catching Nintendo in terms of sales," that's hardly the point. The point - for the six millionth time - is that the Wii is not in direct competition with the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

With the recent surge of the PS3, the question has returned: can Sony catch Nintendo? Can it "win" this generation as far as overall sales are concerned? Well, considering the huge lead the Wii has, it seems unlikely or, at the very least, it'll take a while for the PS3 to catch up. However, all of this is irrelevant as it seems clear to me that while the PS3 and 360 target a certain demographic, the Wii targets an entirely different demographic. And now, with the release of the stellar Uncharted 2, it becomes even more evident that the PS3 and Wii offer completely different entertainment experiences. Now, in no way am I saying one is "better" than the other, but I have yet to know anyone who actively plays the Wii and also owns a PS3 and 360 and if they do, it's so they can play with the kids or with a spouse. The bottom line is that the PS3 and 360 are here to drive the industry forward in a certain area; in the realm of technology and overall advancement. The Wii gives us an alternate interactive experience, and that is perfectly viable - obviously - but if you don't think Gears of War 2 and Wii Resort don't cater to different people looking for different things, you're out of your mind.

I've said it before and I always catch a lot of flak for it, but I think it's that my words are misinterpreted. When I say the Wii caters to the non-gamers out there, I'm saying it successfully attracts those who never once touched a video game controller before Nintendo's new system. And when I say the other two are for gamers, it's because those who have loved the hobby with a passion for many years are - typically - more drawn to that type of progressive software. I use Uncharted 2 as an example simply because it really proves that we're looking at a gap - a widening gap - between PS3/360 software and Wii software. As I predicted a long time ago, the Wii would blast off quick but the software would begin to lag and if you haven't noticed, it seems almost impossible that a Wii game will ever compete for Game of the Year in 2009 or in the future. Honestly, it's not fair, anymore. You can't compare Forza 3 or Modern Warfare 2 to anything on the Wii; that's a ridiculous comparison.

Hence, it's also ridiculous to compare the sales numbers. Once again, this is not a knock against the Wii; I'm simply saying it's different; that it goes after a different group of people. Yes, I'm sure there are those of you who own all three systems but I can pretty much guarantee that very few of you play each of those three consoles equally... And for my part, I only know people who either own a PS3 and 360 or a Wii and nothing else. They're either into video games, or they're into this new fad of interactive entertainment the Wii created. There's nothing wrong with any personal preference but considering what we're seeing from Sony and Microsoft in 2009 and beyond, we really need to stop comparing all three sales numbers as if the games on all three are somehow similar, and that consumers purchase all three for similar reasons. Just...stop.

Original article taken from PSXEXTREME

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6011.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: Wii is not in the console war   Wii is not in the console war EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:10 pm

True. Don't get mad at me for saying this, but the Wii is the winner though. It has the most sales, has the most exclusive games and it is innovative. Don't get me wrong though, I own a Wii and never play it, the 360 and PC are my top platforms hands down. 360 has the highest rated games, and when in a head to head with the Ps3, 360 outdoes it in most areas.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Wii is not in the console war   Wii is not in the console war EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:11 pm

I have to agree with it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Wii is not in the console war   Wii is not in the console war EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Yes, Wii IS IN THIS CONSOLE WAR. It's just going for a different audience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii is not in the console war   Wii is not in the console war Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii is not in the console war
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: