This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"

Go down 
+7
DemonWolf
cannibalshinobi
tbone010101
lightlamp
Master_Chief
NoXiousBLD
tbone101010
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

"E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"   "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:54 am

IMO MS had the better exclusive lineup. The lineup MS showed appealed to me alot more than Sonys did.
Back to top Go down
tbone010101

PostSubject: Re: "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"   "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:09 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Those are opinions not points or arguments and certainly not facts. And I know youre biased because your post was nothing more than the regurgitating of typical PS3 fanboy arguments and rhetoric. And I see that youre right back to the insults again. Hillarious.

Why do arguments have to be founded on facts? Facts are things people should already know, which would make the argument fairly redundant.

If you refuse to rebut against any point with an opinion, then there's a good chance you'll never rebut. I'm not talking about just on this forum, but put into a real life scenario. Debates are always about subjective points. They may be reinforced by factual evidence, but the thesis is never a fact. If it was, it wouldn't be a debate; it would be a lecture.

My post is generally favoring the PS3, of course, but when was the last time MLD argued for the PS3, or against the Xbox360?

I could say that All of MLD's videos are "regurgitated bullshit" that everyone hears over and over again. How many times has he said "you're dead last...what does your opinion matter?" just to avoid answering a perfectly valid point? MLD's video has far more bias than my post does.

Let me point some things out:

He criticizes Sony for not releasing any information on The Agent (even though the setting was announced aside from the presentation), and yet he goes on to praise Microsoft for announcing Halo: Reach. What gameplay was shown of Halo: Reach? What announcements were made about what they were going to change? Nothing.

His whole argument was that Bungie always produces Halo games with a AAA production value (ODST?). What about Rockstar's GTA IV team? They're the same people making The Agent, and tell me the last time a GTA flopped?

Since MLD loves Metacritic so much...let's look at this team's history; heck, why not compare it to Bungie's?

Rockstar North:

GTA III: 97
GTA: Vice City: 95
GTA: San Andreas: 95
GTA: Liberty City Stories: 88
GTA: Vice City Stories: 86
GTA IV: 98
GTA: China Town Wars: 93
GTA IV: Lost and Damned: 90

Average Metascore: 92.75 for 8 games.

Bungie:

Halo: Combat Evolved: 97
Halo 2: 95
Halo 3: 94
Halo 3: ODST: 84

Average Metascore: 92.5 for 4 games.*

*Note the pattern from beginning to end...R*N released their best title to date last year.

They both have good history, but I think the edge would have to be given to RockStar North. New IP or not, their games are very fun to play, and almost always have a AAA production value.

It really doesn't matter which team is better; they are both amazing. Which is why I don't know why MLD dismisses the fact the The Agent is being made by a team with one of the best track records in the business.
Back to top Go down
tbone010101

PostSubject: Re: "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"   "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:13 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
ok let me clear this up, first of all no one wants to do a full complete rebuttal to the original post for 2 reasons:

1. It's just too damn long and no one really wants to take the time out of playing fire fight or Forza 3 to do a full reply.

2. it's the same regurgitated sony fanboy babble that this site was created to be a safe haven from.

and to make one point it wasn't just our opinions or MLDs opinion that M$ beat sony at E3, it was the critics and the media who said it first.

1. I can find the time away from Uncharted 2...and how are you guys playing Forza 3? Do you have an illegit copy? It doesn't release for another 3 days.

And do you ever read a book once in a while? Much...much longer.

2. Not really...most fanboys just spam that they had the better line-up. I'm directly countering MLD's arguments. Whether they've been said before is irrelevant.

Regardless of what the critics said, I'm countering MLD's video. Sony may not have "won"...I think it's subjective; it's based upon what appeals to you more. But Microsoft didn't "kick their ass in every department".
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"   "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:16 am

[/quote]and how are you guys playing Forza 3? Do you have an illegit copy? It doesn't release for another 3 days.[/quote]It was released in Europe yesterday
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"   "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Tbone, you made it clear to me that you are here only to make arguments, and quite frankly, this is not the place to do it. I am going to have to let you go now buddy, the people have spoken.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"   "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:35 pm

tbone010101 wrote:

1. I can find the time away from Uncharted 2...and how are you guys playing Forza 3? Do you have an illegit copy? It doesn't release for another 3 days.

And do you ever read a book once in a while? Much...much longer.

2. Not really...most fanboys just spam that they had the better line-up. I'm directly countering MLD's arguments. Whether they've been said before is irrelevant.

Regardless of what the critics said, I'm countering MLD's video. Sony may not have "won"...I think it's subjective; it's based upon what appeals to you more. But Microsoft didn't "kick their ass in every department".

1. it was released in the UK already and many NA stores have broken the street date.

don't really have time to read books that aren't school related.

2. you're countering 4-month old video that no one cares about anymore. its been irrelevant for 4 months.

according to the critics and the sales numbers that followed, yes they did.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"   "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Thats what PS3 fanboys do to help stop their whining and crying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"   "E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"E3 and how Microsoft kicked Sony's ass"
Page 1 of 1