This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 ip bans can we?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:33 pm

can we do this is there anyways plz tell me if so
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:31 pm

As far as I know it has to be done in the administration panel and only generalmld can access the admin panel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

Posts : 948
Join date : 2009-09-11

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:39 pm

we really freaking need to do ip bans the same ps3 troll keeps coming on here
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

Posts : 378
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location :

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Yeh this would be really handy.Kinda gets annoying banning the same idiot over and over
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Well if we had access to tools like IP bans then there'd be little point in mods in the first place because most of the time we just get the same trolls here. An IP ban for one troll stops us from getting like 20 in the future xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:00 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Well if we had access to tools like IP bans then there'd be little point in mods in the first place because most of the time we just get the same trolls here. An IP ban for one troll stops us from getting like 20 in the future xD

That's not actually true. An IP ban only works if the user's IP is always the same. Some IPs change on their own and trolls know how to manual change their IPs. Banning an IP would do no more to a persistent troll than a regular ban. At least with the way we do it we can look at their IP see that they have other troll accounts and ban them on the spot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

Posts : 378
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location :

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:02 pm

All i have to do to change my IP is reboot my router
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

Posts : 2327
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 pm

ip i pee.... *haha*

no...
ip bans could be cool but still
a regular ban is making butthurt people go up to YT and cry
a ip would make them make an dailymotion account aswelll
and cry bout it .... man i must have tried the new iFail
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:23 pm

What about a hacker, if they get in and hack a mods account, the earlier hacker problem could be increased ten fold, and I don't think even MLD could revive normal users.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:28 pm

it would make our live so much easier, but only mld can do that
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

Posts : 103
Join date : 2010-02-17

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:46 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Well if we had access to tools like IP bans then there'd be little point in mods in the first place because most of the time we just get the same trolls here. An IP ban for one troll stops us from getting like 20 in the future xD

That's not actually true. An IP ban only works if the user's IP is always the same. Some IPs change on their own and trolls know how to manual change their IPs. Banning an IP would do no more to a persistent troll than a regular ban. At least with the way we do it we can look at their IP see that they have other troll accounts and ban them on the spot.

exactly. that's how i managed to get back on psu when i was ip banned
Back to top Go down
http://thewiinetwork.forum-motion.net/index.htm
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Many trolls wouldnt know how to change there IP.i mean comon,we are talknig about PS3 fanboys here.Most of them are stupid.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:50 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Many trolls wouldnt know how to change there IP.i mean comon,we are talknig about PS3 fanboys here.Most of them are stupid.

A lot of people's IPs change without them knowing. IPs are often not static.

Besides, only MLD can IP ban. It is not a power he can give mods even if he wanted to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 9:49 pm

hidemyass.com

That makes IP bans useless, doesnt it?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:12 am

Jamin wrote:
hidemyass.com

That makes IP bans useless, doesnt it?

Among other methods.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 35

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:43 am

My IP address changes itself every week, but I usually set it to change every other day or so.
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

Posts : 103
Join date : 2010-02-17

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:12 am

Jamin wrote:
hidemyass.com

That makes IP bans useless, doesnt it?

hey blackbustercritic =D
Back to top Go down
http://thewiinetwork.forum-motion.net/index.htm
Dimish



Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-04-15

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
we really freaking need to do ip bans the same ps3 troll keeps coming on here


Doesn't make a difference lets put two and two together.

Troll = wasting time

IP bann = only banns IP


Proxy = wasting time

Proxy = Hiding Ip


Short answer- proxies exist.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:34 am

Dimish wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
we really freaking need to do ip bans the same ps3 troll keeps coming on here


Doesn't make a difference lets put two and two together.

Troll = wasting time

IP bann = only banns IP


Proxy = wasting time

Proxy = Hiding Ip


Short answer- proxies exist.
Says the user with 4 different accounts. lol
Back to top Go down
Permafry 42
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Permafry 42

Posts : 103
Join date : 2010-02-17

ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 2:04 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Dimish wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
we really freaking need to do ip bans the same ps3 troll keeps coming on here


Doesn't make a difference lets put two and two together.

Troll = wasting time

IP bann = only banns IP


Proxy = wasting time

Proxy = Hiding Ip


Short answer- proxies exist.
Says the user with 4 different accounts. lol

agreed:

ip bans can we? Funny-pictures-lol-squid
Back to top Go down
http://thewiinetwork.forum-motion.net/index.htm
Sponsored content




ip bans can we? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ip bans can we?   ip bans can we? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
ip bans can we?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Louisiana bans use of welfare benefits for tattoos, lingerie, jewelry

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Rules, and Regulations :: Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: