This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How To Win The Console War

Go down 
+3
Mr. Cole Drake
daveMastaKill
DemonWolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

How To Win The Console War Empty
PostSubject: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:39 pm

A lot of people are really good with the console war.
They can bring facts to the table, they can mention specs, they can give examples of articles and surveys that back up what they say.
But at the end of the day, who is going to listen to what they say?
If you ever did "own" someone or they "owned" you, you can easily block them, ignore them or just forget about them and act as if it never happened.
There may be "winners" of the console war but no one will recognise it because people are stubborn.

I've come to the conclusion that there is only one way to win the console war.
All you have to do is know that you were not disappointed with your purchase, know that you prefer your gaming system, you need to play it and enjoy it. That's all it takes because let's face it, no one is going to stop liking their system just because the facts say so.

Play your system as much as possible, buy loads of games for it and enjoy it......and you have won the console war, because that's what others cannot do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Yup....but still is fun watching the others fail lmao.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:21 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Yup....but still is fun watching the others fail lmao.

I know!!! Very Happy lmao
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:54 pm

I thought the way to win the console war was to sell the most units.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Software sales are just as important. What good is a big userbase that doesnt buy games?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

That's how a company wins. I think he's talking about gamers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Software sales are just as important. What good is a big userbase that doesnt buy games?

True. Software and accessory sales are probably even more important in the long run.
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:17 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

True. Software and accessory sales are probably even more important in the long run.

but in the end does that really matter to you as a gamer? What do you gain from one console outselling the other? Do they give you an extra achievement or trophy for them selling more units then their competitor? Do you get a $1 for every 100k they sell? I know I enjoy my console of choice, and that all that matters. I enjoy the games and extra features I get from my consoles. What bothers me about this "console war" is the half truths and outright lies that are told by fanboys. And how they pass off personal opinion as fact.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:26 pm

hatmantc wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

but in the end does that really matter to you as a gamer? What do you gain from one console outselling the other? Do they give you an extra achievement or trophy for them selling more units then their competitor? Do you get a $1 for every 100k they sell? I know I enjoy my console of choice, and that all that matters. I enjoy the games and extra features I get from my consoles. What bothers me about this "console war" is the half truths and outright lies that are told by fanboys. And how they pass off personal opinion as fact.
Thats true but publishers look at sales when deciding what kind of support theyre going to give a console and that does affect me as a gamer. As long as 360 keeps selling good enough to continue the games and developer support flowing like they have been then I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

Thats true but publishers look at sales when deciding what kind of support theyre going to give a console and that does affect me as a gamer. As long as 360 keeps selling good enough to continue the games and developer support flowing like they have been then I'm happy.

it's gotten to the point this Gen that all 3 consoles are viable options for devs. It's just this Gen compared to less we aren't seeing as many 3rd party exclusives on any of the systems. The majority of exclusives come from 1st or 2nd party devs. Either console you choose you will never really short on titles to choose from
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:48 pm

hatmantc wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:

it's gotten to the point this Gen that all 3 consoles are viable options for devs. It's just this Gen compared to less we aren't seeing as many 3rd party exclusives on any of the systems. The majority of exclusives come from 1st or 2nd party devs. Either console you choose you will never really short on titles to choose from
Thats true. Development costs being what they are this gen have made 3rd party exclusives almost a thing of the past.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 am

I can easily agree because when you look at the charts for multiplatform games, the Xbox is racking up alot more sales than the ps3 AND Halo ODST made more money in a WEEK than the ps3's "greatest game to offer" Killzone 2.

Ps3 fanboys must be pale
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Win The Console War   How To Win The Console War Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Win The Console War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: