This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! Empty
PostSubject: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Quote :
Gearbox Boss: Valve is Behaving Like Fanboys

While not directly addressing Chet Faliszek's slap at PlayStation 3, the Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford - no stranger to stirring s—t with Valve - has taken a poke at the Left 4 Dead developer's posture toward Sony.

Pitchford, speaking to Official PlayStation Magazine, called Valve's posture toward Sony - specifically as expressed by Doug Lombardi - similar to that of fanboys'.

"Doug Lombardi had to take a swipe at the PS3 again, and I thought it was foolish," Pitchford told OPM, according to AnalogHype.

Quote :
I read it the same way I read fanboys," he added. "Like there's a guy who bought the Sony platform and he's a Sony guy, so he decides he's going to spend a certain percentage of his time bashing Microsoft. And there's a guy on Microsoft doing the same thing. Those guys are childish and narrow minded; It's the same kind of thing.

Pitchford wasn't done there. He also spoke of an "underlying sleaziness" in how Valve has treated the PS3 version of The Orange Box, relative to its support for the Xbox 360 version of Team Fortress 2.

Quote :
I'm actually kind of mad at Doug because with the Orange Box, he said the 360 and PC versions are the good ones and the PS3 version is like the stepchild because some other developer made it. Well you Valve don't really think that, because look what you've done on the PC side. You've supported that, you've added all this content to Team Fortress 2, and you've left us hanging. It's hard to accept that genuinely, because I know the business, I know you guys make half the money on the PS3 version because you've got other fingers in the pie, and other developers getting a cut. It benefits you if nobody buys that, and only buys the PC version, because you make the most money. There's this underlying sleaziness.

Not that this settles anything but, there you go, equal time for PS3, albeit from a surrogate, in a great three-way Valve/Gearbox/Sony pissing contest.

For the record, we have inquiries into Gearbox regarding the accuracy of these quotes, and any clarification the studio might want to make.

http://kotaku.com/5399454/gearbox-boss-valve-is-behaving-like-fanboys

Wow, this guy is nuts. He should stop talking while he can. He is extremely butthurt though.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Gearbox? Didn't they made the port of HALO Combat Evolved for the PC? Why they're defending the PS3 just like that? I actually thought when Bungie said that they were droping the HALO franchise these guys would be the ones to make the new games cuz the port was actually pretty good. Crazy world!
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:57 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Gearbox? Didn't they made the port of HALO Combat Evolved for the PC? Why they're defending the PS3 just like that? I actually thought when Bungie said that they were droping the HALO franchise these guys would be the ones to make the new games cuz the port was actually pretty good. Crazy world!
He's just mouthing off, and is probably going to get owned by Valve later on.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:58 pm

Not only that. The Borderlands PS3 version sucks monkey balls, and now they're attacking VALVE. lol!

Brain…. cannot… compute….
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:59 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Not only that. The Borderlands PS3 version sucks monkey balls, and now they're attacking VALVE. lol!

Brain…. cannot… compute….
LMAO. I know it doesn't make any sense. Now I know what sony fanboys feel like on a day to day basis. ZING. cheers
Back to top Go down
orca464
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
orca464

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:33 pm

oh dear
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:44 pm

In other news Cliffy B loves Borderlands:

Bleszinski: Borderlands is Diablo for a New Generation

http://kotaku.com/5399515/bleszinski-borderlands-is-diablo-for-a-new-generation
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:51 pm

The man is in a RPG mood for this last couple of months. Hope he doesn't start with some crazy ideas for Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:52 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
The man is in a RPG mood for this last couple of months. Hope he doesn't start with some crazy ideas for Gears 3.
Gears of War RPG? OMFG. That'll be epic. lol!
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Considering that the Xbox 360 version sold out yet the PS3 version hasn't why stick up for the side that doesn't buy there games?
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Considering that the Xbox 360 version sold out yet the PS3 version hasn't why stick up for the side that doesn't buy there games?
To show that he has balls? But in reality he doesn't. He probably got picked on a lot as a child, or his wife hasn't given him any in quite sometime. Or better yet, hes just jealous that valve's games sell better, and valve is overall a better game developer? I think so.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 pm

XD he is butthurt... lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 10:24 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:

Exactly! I agree. Who would spend time on something for nothing to come out of it?...well mabey Sony considering they lost 700 million on the slim and counting! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!   Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh dear the Gearbox CEO is really butthurt!
Page 1 of 1