This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ps3 Troll Field Guide

Go down 
+32
Xboxisgod
Lt Xplosi
Captain Emp
ELZZiTSx
Kendo
Stoney
toxicavenger778
TEHleader360
xjosh360s
lightlamp
Arbiteris
Master_Chief
Blixtstorm
tehpanterafan
Mr. Project Natal
ShadowCK
popjack88
NoXiousBLD
buddhapride69
GAMEZILLA_50000
Aero250
FUN
arnt god of war
handkerchief
spartan225
M3A7L04F
343_Guilty_Spark
DeW
GeneralMLD
CryonicMaestro ZA
DemonWolf
II XShogunX II
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Empty
PostSubject: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:20 pm

So, you are walking through the jungles of forum-land. Hacking and slashing through the topics with your internet-machete. You hear a strange noise in a bush behind you.......a TROLL!!!!

This Guide will teach you how to spot the basic troll, and how to track down and deal with even the most advanced trolls.

Identifiyng the different species

There are many different species of troll in forum-land, and they are all unique and diverse. Today we are going to be looking at one of the main species of troll, the Ps3 troll. Now these specific trolls feel an instinctive need to track down any and all things Xbox 360 related and attempt to cause havoc in a variety of different ways.
Scientists believe that this stems from tribal behaviour and is an attempt to retaliate against the Xbox 360 which poses a threat to them

Sub-Species of Ps3 trolls:

1. The Idiotic troll: This troll is a basic tribal grunt. It lacks any real intellect and always imploys a direct assault. They feel a very strong need to be vulgar and racist and spew out a wide and diverse array of foul language.

How to spot it: "LOL u guyz r gay! Ps3 r teh best conzol in teh planetz!!11! Fuck you bitchzzz!!!11eleven!!!"

Characteristics: Stupid, ignorant, obvious, violent, easily angered.

How to deal with it: An admin will sort it out soon enough with a healthy dose of ban.

2. The obvious troll: These trolls are slightly more intellectual than the Idoitic counterpat, but still have a long way to go before they can be considered "smart". They will attempt to come across as a normal forum poster, but will soon make a mistake that alerts everyone of their intentions in the form of an obvious flame-bait drop.

How to spot it: "Well guys my 360 RROD on me 6 times!!!! I think I should get a Ps3."

Characteristics: Cowardly, slightly intellectual, obvious and once more obvious.

How to deal with it: Report it to an Admin and ban will be administered to creature.

3. The stealth troll: The stealth troll is a cunning variant of Ps3 troll. It does never employ a direct attack nor does it drop easily spotted flame-bait. Stealth trolls say something and then attempt to hide their obvious intentions with some sugar coating. These trolls are not easy to spot, but an experienced Admin will spot them very quickly.

How to spot it: "Uncharted 2 looks amazing, it looks better than Gears of War 2, but Gears of war 2 is still a great game, I just prefer Uncharted." Notice how this troll comes across as being "nice" and "unbiased". It attempts to cover up it's intention with a nice comment.

Characteristics: Cunning, relatively intellectual, evasive, un-obvious.

How to deal with it: Look for the tell-tale signs and reprt to Admin for dose of perma-ban vaccine.

4. The Super troll: The super troll is the most advanced species of Ps3 troll known today. It is smart, cunning and never obvious. These trolls know every trick in the book and are not to be taken lightly. They are however, extremely rare evolved versions of the stealth troll, and imploy the same tactics, but in a very effective way. They are trained to blend in and are tough to spot for in-experienced forum-land dwellers. They plan to become long running members of the forum and slowly break it down from the inside. It only takes one to get in and then the rest of its army can easily follow.

How to spot it: This troll will need in depth coverage.
It is smart, first and foremost. It will seem like the most innocent and most tactful creature you have ever come across. It does however have many flaws that make it obvious to spot. At initial glance this troll will seem like a Ps3 owner that can have an un-biased conversation, but we all know that is not possible.

They want you to feel secure and comfortable. They will make posts that get a point across like "The Ps3 does have good hardware" then follow up with "but the 360 is powerful too" then end with "but I think both systems are equal I just prefer Ps3". As you can see it does not look too suspicious, but the intention of the post is obvious. Some of these trolls will say that they "just want to have a fair discussion" but be aware that this is trickery, as they will without doubt cause a flame-war eventually. They will sometimes bring up valid points in posts, but the intention of that post is not to be constructive toward the 360, although it may seem innocent enough. They encourage "un-baised debates" in hopes of getting the reaction they are after. Always be on the look-out for these.

Characteristics: Cunning, evasive, intellectual, tactful, sly, can bring entire foums down if given the opportunity.

How to deal with it: This troll must be snuffed out as soon as possible, if it is given a moments relent then it will solidify itself within the forum, and that will be its downfall. IP must be identified and ban must be injected on sight.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:26 pm

LMFAO! Every single word is true! Very Happy
Nice work, dude. It must've taken you a lot of time.
The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_biggrin The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_smile The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_surprised The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_cool The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_lol The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_razz The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_twisted The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_wink The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_cyclops The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_tongue The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_pirat The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Alien The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_cat The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_rabbit The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_cheers The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Bom The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Drunken_smilie The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_sunny The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_albino The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_cherry The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_santa The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_rendeer The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_farao The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_king The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_queen The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_jokercolor The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_geek The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_elephant The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_flower The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_rr The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Lol The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Icon_clown The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Herz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:28 pm

I do it for you guys Wink . The more LOLs the better.

But this is also very serious. Bigboss, he was our first super troll.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:29 pm

xD Lol I'll keep an eye out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Lmao, Shogun is obviously a pro mod.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:56 pm

my mods know their shit lol
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DeW
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DeW

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:00 pm

shogun:)SmileSmileSmileSmile that is so true in every single word
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Read it, study it, know it! Lol.
Back to top Go down
DeW
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DeW

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:06 pm

will do will do
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Great work. This should be what we use to dish out perma banning.

I have a zero tolerance for anything that looks like each sub species of PS3 trolls.

I ban them on the spot and delete their posts and threads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:33 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
my mods know their shit lol
Am I your favorite??
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:54 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Great work. This should be what we use to dish out perma banning.

I have a zero tolerance for anything that looks like each sub species of PS3 trolls.

I ban them on the spot and delete their posts and threads.

I do the same, we dont need their dribble poluting the site.
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:37 pm

This is so true this topic! Smile best one I have seen so far Smile
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:14 pm

shogun, you always have alot to say and it is all worth reading. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:17 pm

matrixrory wrote:

It's quite suprising, on Xbox Live he constantly talks shit.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:20 pm

CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
matrixrory wrote:

when i red that at first i was like whaaaaaaaat. but then i relised you must know each other. lol
Back to top Go down
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:24 pm

matrixrory wrote:
CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
matrixrory wrote:

when i red that at first i was like whaaaaaaaat. but then i relised you must know each other. lol

Been in a party with him for about the last 12 hours lol.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:18 pm

thanks shogun!
Back to top Go down
FUN
Seaman
Seaman
FUN

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:13 pm

matrixrory wrote:

Nice fucking avatar bro
Back to top Go down
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:53 pm

Everything you said is dam true!
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:50 pm

FUN wrote:
matrixrory wrote:

Nice fucking avatar bro

thanks. your one is kl aswell.
Back to top Go down
GAMEZILLA_50000
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAMEZILLA_50000

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:53 pm

I will be on look out for these trolls! o_0
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/frank.solorzano
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:34 am

lol every word is right on the money good job shogun
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
NoXiousBLD
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
NoXiousBLD

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:32 am

Best topic ever. It's so damn true!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NoXiousBLD
FUN
Seaman
Seaman
FUN

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:14 pm

matrixrory wrote:
CryonicMaestro ZA wrote:
matrixrory wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ps3 Troll Field Guide   The Ps3 Troll Field Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ps3 Troll Field Guide
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next