This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today

Go down 
+3
J77
C_Panda
Master_Chief
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today Empty
PostSubject: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 pm

And everybody in front of me bought the 360 version. According to the employees 150 people showed up for the midnight launch.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
And everybody in front of me bought the 360 version. According to the employees 150 people showed up for the midnight launch.
I'm not surprised that people bought the 360 version. Funny thing is the ps3 version will outsell the ps3 exclusives by a large margin.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Speaking of which, check this out. This is in malaysia:

Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today Custom_1257858390767_mw2malaysia

And this is new yorks best buy:

http://kotaku.com/5401327/terrifying-clown-army-invades-new-york-best-buy

Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today 500x_clowns

Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today Ohgod

lol!

And check this out:

http://kotaku.com/5401308/frankenreview-modern-warfare-2
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Check this out:

This was at the Union Square in New York.

Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today 500x_custom_1257811354949_img00010-20091109-1832

Pretty cool.

And:

http://kotaku.com/5400703/modern-warfare-2-throat-communicator-micro+review-comfy-and-quiet

Modern Warfare 2 Is Amazon's "Biggest Selling Pre-order" Video Game

http://kotaku.com/5401692/modern-warfare-2-is-amazons-biggest-selling-pre+order-video-game
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:29 am

go to https://www.youtube.com/

check the modern warfare ad in the homepage of youtube. they promoting it for the 360 only..lmao

oh oh...time for another peitition =[
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:41 pm

lol cool posts, guys
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:17 pm

dirtyj177 wrote:
go to https://www.youtube.com/

check the modern warfare ad in the homepage of youtube. they promoting it for the 360 only..lmao

oh oh...time for another peitition =[
Oh wow. That's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Whats the big deal about this game? I never played the first, but im considering getting 2.....I heard the online community is full of pricks..well the majority of them, any truth in that?
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:35 pm

The line at the mall near me had a 4 1/2 hour wait my cousin told me, so he just waited till the next day to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
The line at the mall near me had a 4 1/2 hour wait my cousin told me, so he just waited till the next day to pick it up.
I didn't have to wait at all. Haha.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Quote :
This morning, Fox brought its "fair and balanced" reporting to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The headline? "A game that lets you play as a terrorist?"

That was followed with this pre-commercial quip: "Is the game going too far? We're going to have a fair and balance debate to find out."

Jon Christensen of website Slash Gamer and Common Sense media CEO Jim Steyer discussed the issue with the Fox host. Reader Ryan transcribed the conversation from his television set. It follows:

Fox Host: Jim, you got some problems with this game?

Jim: It's mainly for adults and a well made game, but there's no doubt there's a link between violent video games and kids.

Fox Host: Jon, you essentially get to be a terrorist and kill people and it's very realistic.

Jon: You're not actually a terrorist. You're a CIA undercover agent. You are infiltrating a terrorist organization and the game specifically says, when you go into, uh when you work with this terrorist organization. You are um... (Jon loses his train of thought, awkward moment) You are a a a uh a a a CIA operative. (chuckles) I'm sorry.

Fox Host: Jim at what age is this game appropriate or is it ever appropriate?

Jim: The main issue with violent video games, including very well made made games like COD. There's no question there's correlation between violent games and kids blah blah*. It's up to the parent to decide whether they buy the game for their son or daughter blah blah*. You need to use common sense.
*blah blah blah added by reader Ryan

Fox Host: I'll give you the final world Jon

Jon: Kids can definitely pick up the game. If parents buy it for them. I have a buddy who's a manager of a store. Little kids came in to buy the game and he asked if they were over 17. They said no, so he didn't sell them the game. Retailers are doing a good job. It's been proven time and time again.

Fox Host: You bring a violent game into a house with an 8 year old, nothing to stop that kid from playing it and becoming a terrorist...on a video game.

Jon: That's ridiculous! You're not a terrorist! It's pixelated violence! You're not a terrorist!

Fox Host: It's violence.

Jon: (closing his eyes) It's not real. It's not real.

Fox Host: Jon and Jim. The debate goes on.

Not nearly as exciting as Fox's take on Mass Effect!

And yes, we'll post the actual show clip when it pops up online.

http://kotaku.com/5402067/modern-warfare-2-on-fox--friends

Fox is butthurt.

And, in other news:

http://kotaku.com/5401980/modern-warfare-2-ships-three-millionin-one-country

Quote :
Need an idea of just how big Modern Warfare 2's launch has been? Here's one: over the past week, Activision shipped three million copies of the game...to the United Kingdom.

Yes, while most other games on the planet would be happy to ship one million copies across the entire planet, three million units were sent just to the UK, a nation with a population of just over 60 million. So when you consider there are over 300 million people in the US, 33 million in Canada, 80 million in Germany, 20 million in Australia...yeah, you get the idea.

There are a lot of copies of Modern Warfare out there. Wonder how long it'll take to sell them all?

OH and this:
Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today 500x_blowupdoll

Yes, there is a blow up doll in MW2. lol
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:18 pm

LoL to the FOX article. Jack Thompson should be all over the game sooner or later too.

I still hope to live until the day that all the people on the Earth would say: Its just a videogame so who fucking cares? Enjoy it or STFU!
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:19 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
LoL to the FOX article. Jack Thompson should be all over the game sooner or later too.

I still hope to live until the day that all the people on the Earth would say: Its just a videogame so who fucking cares? Enjoy it or STFU!
I kind of understand what they're trying to say, the 3rd level was WTF for me too, but fun. And, yea, it is a videogame.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Also, all 360 peripherals for MW2 have been rated great, but look at what I found:

http://kotaku.com/5401568/mw2-ps3-combat-wireless-headset-review-pain-in-your-ear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today   Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today Empty

Back to top Go down

Huge line at Gamestop for COD MW2 today
Page 1 of 1