This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.

Go down 
+13
Arbiteris
Aero250
nr1012
Zombl337
Pistol Perk
St3V1E 93
DuDZZ
GeneralMLD
dreadraptor85
cannibalshinobi
Blixtstorm
buddhapride69
343_Guilty_Spark
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:29 am

I just watched the new Bonus Round over at Gametrailers with Brian Jarrard
Community Director at Bungie. http://www.gametrailers.com/show/bonusround

He divulged two interesting details about Halo: Reach.

1. It's being built on an all new engine. (NOT AN ENHANCED HALO 3 ENGINE)

2. When shipped it will have been in development for 3 years. (Halo 3: ODST was a small side team's project)

Why is this important?

Well it means Bungie has been spending every minutes since Halo 3 was finished, with everything they learned working on it, building a brand new 3D engine that should shock everyone with it's advancements.

Remember when Halo 2 came out and how much an improvement it was over Halo CE? Well I'm expecting an even larger jump in technology and I wouldn't be surprised if it makes Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 look primitive by comparison. That should piss off PS3 fans to no end.

I can't wait to see game play footage at TGS this month!

What do you guys think of Halo: Reach? Will it be a reboot of the franchise with all new art style and game play or will it be an evolutionary leap?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:42 am

it will be the best game ever thanx for the info
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:02 am

buddhapride69 wrote:
it will be the best game ever thanx for the info

You're very welcome. I have ODST on preorder and I'm excited to play it, but for some reason I keep thinking about how awesome Reach is going to be. And I barely know anything about it.
Back to top Go down
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:11 am

i preordered halo odst as well and from wat u told me reach will be a definate preorder
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:16 am

Oh yeah, I'll be pre-ordering Reach as soon as possible.

Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:25 am

Microsoft know what game studio to buy Wink I mean:

Bungie
Turn 10
Ensemble Studios, RIP was hoping for a new Age of Empires game possibly remake of the first.
Lionhead Studios

ETC

This game is going to be big... not big but HUGE!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:40 am

thanks to a brand new engine the game will just be gorgeous, i doubt it will be a reboot with a completely new art style. It will still be the halo we know and love, same type of game, just upgraded to the max. I can only imagine it as a halo 3 on steroids. gameplay, story telling, graphics, all the extra features (ex. forge), etc upgraded. I don't really expect something new (other than guns, equipment, etc), just a much higher quality game. it will just be a huge leap for the franchise IMO.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 am

Will the whole game take place on planet Reach? If I recall, Reach was destroyed before the events of Halo 1.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:14 am

DreadRaptor85 wrote:
Will the whole game take place on planet Reach? If I recall, Reach was destroyed before the events of Halo 1.

well seeing how it's a confirmed prequel i would most defiantly say yes, it will take place on reach. what i wonder the most is if they will show how the spartans were chosen, trained, and modified like they say it in the books. i can see the "tutorial" levels be pass missions before and while they meet the covenant. im just excited to be fighting next to other spartans in single player, and unfortunately watching almost every single one die. it will be great.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:27 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
DreadRaptor85 wrote:

well seeing how it's a confirmed prequel i would most defiantly say yes, it will take place on reach. what i wonder the most is if they will show how the spartans were chosen, trained, and modified like they say it in the books. i can see the "tutorial" levels be pass missions before and while they meet the covenant. im just excited to be fighting next to other spartans in single player, and unfortunately watching almost every single one die. it will be great.

It's true that many Spartans die, but a number do survive. Even some that were thought to have died in the battle of Reach showed up again in later books.

I'm hoping it will be from start to finish the events of the book The Fall of Reach. The whole story plus some new elements.

That way we'd get to see the Spartans train, fight in at least one battle before first contact with the Covenant and see them get used to their armor.

There is so much to work with and Bungie said it's based on the novel.

Maybe we'll get lucky as see an ODST type of release for the book's sequels like First Strike.

Speaking of ODST, if it turns out to be a hit we might see a third spinoff franchise. The main Halo series, Halo Wars, and if we're lucky ODST games.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:01 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

It's true that many Spartans die, but a number do survive. Even some that were thought to have died in the battle of Reach showed up again in later books.

I'm hoping it will be from start to finish the events of the book The Fall of Reach. The whole story plus some new elements.

That way we'd get to see the Spartans train, fight in at least one battle before first contact with the Covenant and see them get used to their armor.

There is so much to work with and Bungie said it's based on the novel.

Maybe we'll get lucky as see an ODST type of release for the book's sequels like First Strike.

Speaking of ODST, if it turns out to be a hit we might see a third spinoff franchise. The main Halo series, Halo Wars, and if we're lucky ODST games.

Spartans never die! They are MIA (missing in action). I hope for a epic game, and it will probably be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:22 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

Spartans never die! They are MIA (missing in action). I hope for a epic game, and it will probably be.

Yeah, Dr. H just can't bring herself to mark them as KIA. Some really were MIA though.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:26 am

keep in mind the ODST team will be free to help with Halo Reach for one year,

can you say firefight for halo reach?????!!!
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 am

i was reading that if firefight is a smash hit.. they will add it to Reach Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
St3V1E 93
Seaman Recruit
St3V1E 93

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 am

this game is going to be so sweet, its going to reveal a darker side to halo
Back to top Go down
St3V1E 93
Seaman Recruit
St3V1E 93

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:36 pm

i heard that a firefight mode might be in halo reach. but i dont know if that is true cheers
Back to top Go down
Pistol Perk
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Pistol Perk

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 pm

yes it will, there's no way they would put something that genius into such a great game. they might improve it though and make it similar but updated and improved, you know find out what people didn't like and so on
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 pm

the ODST team will have nothing to do after ODST ships. they will help with Halo reach.

what betetr way to help then add firefight mode?
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:06 am

Awesome, but I dont believe we will see Halo Reach at TGS just after ODST came out.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:13 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
the ODST team will have nothing to do after ODST ships. they will help with Halo reach.

what betetr way to help then add firefight mode?

I hope we see more ODST games.

Main Halo Game

ODST

Main Halo Game

ODST

Halo Wars

Main Halo Game

etc.

That way we always have more AAA Halo on the horizon. Oh and anyone that says Halo Wars isn't AAA wouldn't know a good RTS if it hit them in the face.
Back to top Go down
nr1012
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:19 am

Well, Reach will be on my list for next year. I am excited to play as several Spartans possibly and we will be fighting Elites again. Of course in firefight I also want Elites in addition to the rest of the Covenant. Plus to make things interesting why not add the flood in there.
Back to top Go down
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Console graphics king???
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Hey everyone.If u dont know what the battle of reach is then ill tell you.It was when the convenant luanched a surprize invasion on the last UNSC fortress world.It should be epic
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:59 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Hey everyone.If u dont know what the battle of reach is then ill tell you.It was when the convenant luanched a surprize invasion on the last UNSC fortress world.It should be epic

And the Spartan's training home world. The book was epic and so should the game be. I really hope the game fallows the book chapter to chapter.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:39 pm

well,probally wont.in the book u basically gotm ost of the stoy from john 117s view.There are many other solders who fought there in the gigantic battle.I think the game will be action packed.I think it will give what some people call,a "warzone effect".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.   Halo: Reach Details Confirmed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach Details Confirmed.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next