This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?

Go down 
+7
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
II XShogunX II
DuDZZ
360WNED
daveMastaKill
spartan225
11 posters

What do you think?
Agree
Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? Vote_lcap57%Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
Don't Agree
Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? Vote_lcap43%Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Im a more of a person that enjoys a good single player experience so obviously I was expecting it to deliver a good campaign which it of course did except for its length. Out of all the COD games I have played this definitely is the shortest which is disappointing considering this was the biggest release of 2009. Also the other thing that disappointed me was that co-op was removed from the campaign which I can't understand. What was the reason for removing it? COD fans have been begging for co-op for a long time and the last game(COD World at War) gave them this which I was happy about (like most COD fans) but then you remove it and your back to square one.

Infinity Ward definitely messed up on this one and if they are going to make another COD game they need to work on the campaign first before actually going to the multiplayer aspect of the game. I know multiplayer is becoming massively popular now but you can't just work on multiplayer and forget about the campaign because there are still people out there who enjoy the campaign in games and some who don't or can't play online and you can't just ignore them people or your letting your fans down.

Modern Warfare 2 delivered an excellent multiplayer but could not back it up with a great campaign. Even with the addition of Spec Ops the game still felt unfinished, Infinity Ward maybe should have took more time and finished the game properly even if it did push the game back a month or two the game would have been better and would have gave people a more enjoyable experience overall.

The game deserves to get at least an 8 out of 10 but nothing higher.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm yet to play it so i can't give my opinion. However any game that has a killing spree of innocent people is an instant win to me xD
Back to top Go down
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Meh, I was never really hyped for it. I'm not the type of person that get's hyped over a game that comes out every year, and when I saw it I saw it was nothing but COD4 with a few new weapon add ons & new maps. So I was never one of those guys drooling over it. I don't know how anyone could be when it really brings nothing new to the table to warrant another $60 purchase of something you already played 2 years ago, but that's just my opinion.

I ALSO AGREE WITH YOU ON THE CO-OP. How the hell do you have it in the previous game & totally leave it out of this one? That's what got alot of people hyped for this one. Thinking we'd be able to go through the campaign with our friends.

Don't get me wrong it's not bad. It can't be because COD4 was great, but it surely loses points in my book for being way too much the same. The new kill streaks are cool, but nothing amazing to warrant a $60 dollar purchase. IN MY OPINION!
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:48 pm

MICHAEL wrote:
Meh, I was never really hyped for it. I'm not the type of person that get's hyped over a game that comes out every year, and when I saw it I saw it was nothing but COD4 with a few new weapon add ons & new maps. So I was never one of those guys drooling over it. I don't know how anyone could be when it really brings nothing new to the table to warrant another $60 purchase of something you already played 2 years ago, but that's just my opinion.

I ALSO AGREE WITH YOU ON THE CO-OP. How the hell do you have it in the previous game & totally leave it out of this one? That's what got alot of people hyped for this one. Thinking we'd be able to go through the campaign with our friends.

Don't get me wrong it's not bad. It can't be because COD4 was great, but it surely loses points in my book for being way too much the same. The new kill streaks are cool, but nothing amazing to warrant a $60 dollar purchase. IN MY OPINION!

very true
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:24 am

I have to say that out of every game there is this one pisses me off the most. I am not great at the game but I don't suck either. On average I go 24:6 but with all the campers, noobtubers, sprayer etc. the game just pisses me off. The spawning is almost as bad as Killzone 2, ALMOST. I got kiled by a single airstrike 3 times because I spawned in it 3 times. I also spawned on a Claymore once.

The thing that pisses me of most are the ARs. They beat all in this game. In Hardcore mode and AR beats a Sniper at range, an AR beats a SMG at close quarters, and it dominates mid range. And with the ACR all you need to do is spray your ass off since it has no recoil whatsoever. I use a FAL as my main weapon and I love it, but when I have to hit a guy three times with my single shot weapon and he has to hit me once or twice with his fully automatic handheld sprayer then I just rage quit and go play DB: Raging Blast.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 am

I've not completed it yet but I have to say that so far I'm really enjoying it. I mean sure, perhaps short but still... SWEET.

I've been playing Fable 2 & Prototype & Gears Of War so that's why I've yet to complete it lol but still, I like what I've played so far and I'm excited to see what it has in store for me next.

My favourite mission is No Russian Razz Take a guess why...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm

II XShogunX II wrote:
I have to say that out of every game there is this one pisses me off the most. I am not great at the game but I don't suck either. On average I go 24:6 but with all the campers, noobtubers, sprayer etc. the game just pisses me off. The spawning is almost as bad as Killzone 2, ALMOST. I got kiled by a single airstrike 3 times because I spawned in it 3 times. I also spawned on a Claymore once.

The thing that pisses me of most are the ARs. They beat all in this game. In Hardcore mode and AR beats a Sniper at range, an AR beats a SMG at close quarters, and it dominates mid range. And with the ACR all you need to do is spray your ass off since it has no recoil whatsoever. I use a FAL as my main weapon and I love it, but when I have to hit a guy three times with my single shot weapon and he has to hit me once or twice with his fully automatic handheld sprayer then I just rage quit and go play DB: Raging Blast.
Multiplayer is not the reason its overrated its the campaign
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm

demondragondude wrote:
I've not completed it yet but I have to say that so far I'm really enjoying it. I mean sure, perhaps short but still... SWEET.

I've been playing Fable 2 & Prototype & Gears Of War so that's why I've yet to complete it lol but still, I like what I've played so far and I'm excited to see what it has in store for me next.

That was not my only point
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:08 pm

I liekd the game.I havnt played the first MW but this one was good.Just overhyped.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 pm

okay man i understand your point now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:34 pm

spartan225 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

I know you're also disappointed about no more co-op but it's not a huge thing, I mean there's spec-ops or whatever it's called!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:28 pm

demondragondude wrote:
spartan225 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

I know you're also disappointed about no more co-op but it's not a huge thing, I mean there's spec-ops or whatever it's called!
Trust me it is a big thing
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:25 am

I loved the campaign, and I thought it was better without co-op. However, Spec Ops bored the hell out of me, so the actual co-op in the game sucked. Multiplayer is alright, but the weapons are way unbalanced and the health system is screwed up.

So yes, it's way overrated.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Why does everyone hate spec ops?I mean,havnt you guys tried the 2 player gunship lvl in specops?It was fricken awesome(no ammo,tons of explosions and dead guys).

I could do the gunship level all day.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 pm

i have MW2 now and it must be one of the best games i've played
even though i still see your point :p
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:55 pm

I think its overrated IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 1:25 pm

I don't think the multi-player is overrated at all. It's as good as it gets when it comes to online shooters and totally lived up to the hype. The campaign mode, on the other hand, isn't worth a second play-through.
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
I don't think the multi-player is overrated at all. It's as good as it gets when it comes to online shooters and totally lived up to the hype. The campaign mode, on the other hand, isn't worth a second play-through.
I didnt say the multiplayer was I just said the campaign was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?   Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated? Empty

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 . . . overrated?
Page 1 of 1