This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

December NPD results

Go down 
+5
gamer156
TheUniversalGamer
UK
ghost23
Master_Chief
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

December NPD results Empty
PostSubject: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 pm

360 did better than I thought they would with all the overhyped press reports about Slim sales.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384933
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Only 1 PS3 game in the top 10 proves that people still only buy the PS3 for the blu-ray.
XBOX 360 did do a lot better than i thought as well.
Back to top Go down
UK

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:59 pm

So PS3 beat 360 in all 3 major regions (US, Europe and Japan) during December Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:08 pm

UK wrote:
So PS3 beat 360 in all 3 major regions (US, Europe and Japan) during December Very Happy
By a mere 50k. So even with a $100 dollar price drop and a hardware redesign the PS3 Slim just barely squeaked by. If 360 did this good with none of those things then 360 sales are going to spank PS3 in 2010 with games like Halo Reach and ME2 plus its own price drop. As for Europe 360 beats PS3 in the UK.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:19 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Only 1 PS3 game in the top 10 proves that people still only buy the PS3 for the blu-ray.
People don't buy PS3 for the Blu-Ray, they buy it for the games . . . and then they don't buy the games.

But it could have to do with the fact that there were a lot of bundles, so people had games that already came with the PS3. Mine came with LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Of course, this is only a small possibility, and were it even true, would only make up for a small percentage of the reason.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 pm

EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
People don't buy PS3 for the Blu-Ray, they buy it for the games . . . and then they don't buy the games.

But it could have to do with the fact that there were a lot of bundles, so people had games that already came with the PS3. Mine came with LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Of course, this is only a small possibility, and were it even true, would only make up for a small percentage of the reason.

No i think its fairly widely known that a lot of people buy the PS3 only for blu-ray. An install base of over 30 million only 2 million of those bought Uncharted 2 is a absolute disgrace for Sony and PS3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
gamer156

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:16 am

ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

No i think its fairly widely known that a lot of people buy the PS3 only for blu-ray. An install base of over 30 million only 2 million of those bought Uncharted 2 is a absolute disgrace for Sony and PS3 fanboys.
then total ouch to forza 3..................
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:14 am

gamer156 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

The total ouch coming from butthurt PS3 fanboys like yourself. 100 dollar price drop and a hardware redesign along with a massive advertising campaign and still only came in neck and neck with the 360. All that going for it and that was the best PS3 could do? LMAO
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:01 am

Master_Chief wrote:
gamer156 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

The total ouch coming from butthurt PS3 fanboys like yourself. 100 dollar price drop and a hardware redesign along with a massive advertising campaign and still only came in neck and neck with the 360. All that going for it and that was the best PS3 could do? LMAO
Well its official... Sony got fucked. XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:33 am

gamer156 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Maybe ouch to forza 3, but win for ODST.

An "overpriced" expansion pack to a 2007 game sold more than Uncharted 2 in 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
UK wrote:
By a mere 50k. So even with a $100 dollar price drop and a hardware redesign the PS3 Slim just barely squeaked by. If 360 did this good with none of those things then 360 sales are going to spank PS3 in 2010 with games like Halo Reach and ME2 plus its own price drop. As for Europe 360 beats PS3 in the UK.

lol you said it all. Nothing left for me to say. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Captain Emp
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Captain Emp

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Kendo wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
gamer156 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Well its official... Sony got fucked. XD

I agree
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:22 pm

ghost23 wrote:
gamer156 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Maybe ouch to forza 3, but win for ODST.

An "overpriced" expansion pack to a 2007 game sold more than Uncharted 2 in 24 hours.
forza did great
and not really many people buy driving simulators anymore because they are obsessed with shooters i think
ask blixstorm he would know 100 times more about forza than me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December NPD results   December NPD results Empty

Back to top Go down

December NPD results
Page 1 of 1