This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!

Go down 
+11
343_Guilty_Spark
Kendo
AgentA-Mi6
Static103
Stigma
ghost23
Noel
M3A7L04F
joe11
Master_Chief
DemonWolf
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:41 am

ghost23 wrote:
Static103 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Static103 wrote:
Unbiased opinion

For Hardcore Gamers
PS3
PC
Wii

For Casual Gamers
Wii
PS3
PC
LMAO You actually believe PS3 has more hardcore gamers? Must be a joke post.

It's my personal opinion guys, It's from what i see and what i think (as i stated above "Unbiased"). c'mon you know most of our opinions mean nothing right? At times we cannot always agree on each other's thoughts

You can't say that its your personal opinion and say that it is unbiased.
the only real unbiased thing is factual evidence and evidence proves that the majority of ps3 owners are not hardcore gamers and only wanted it for blu ray
Very true.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:47 am

ghost23 wrote:
Static103 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Static103 wrote:
Unbiased opinion

For Hardcore Gamers
PS3
PC
Wii

For Casual Gamers
Wii
PS3
PC
LMAO You actually believe PS3 has more hardcore gamers? Must be a joke post.

It's my personal opinion guys, It's from what i see and what i think (as i stated above "Unbiased"). c'mon you know most of our opinions mean nothing right? At times we cannot always agree on each other's thoughts

You can't say that its your personal opinion and say that it is unbiased.
the only real unbiased thing is factual evidence and evidence proves that the majority of ps3 owners are not hardcore gamers and only wanted it for blu ray

i also agree on the blu-ray part Smile
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:54 am

There are other Niche titles coming out for the PS3 that shouldn't be so easily overlooked, 3D-Dot heroes looks very good and its just 40$, Yakuza 3 and 4 will come out this year apparently, 3 in the U.S and 4 in Japan, there is also the last rebellion (jrpg) and a few others.
If the last Guardian came out this year, same as Gran Turismo 5 there would be a serious competition like never seen before.
WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 The_Last_Guardian_6

The 360 doesn't have a response to that kind of game, its unique and Microsoft Needless to say doesnt have a studio of the caliber of Team Ico or similar style of concept to produce video games.

Last edited by AgentA-Mi6 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:56 am

The last two Team Ico games flopped big time. And those were on the PS2 with a larger userbase.
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:59 am

D: What the Hell, Shadow of the colossus and Ico were masterpieces although, Ico is so rare that I haven't yet found a copy that game is like 8 years old, SOTC kicked some serious ass and this is the kind of game that while it does look niche it gains attention rapidly and sell systems in the process.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:01 am

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
There are other Niche titles coming out for the PS3 that shouldn't be so easily overlooked, 3D-Dot heroes looks very good and its just 40$, Yakuza 3 and 4 will come out this year apparently, 3 in the U.S and 4 in Japan, there is also the last rebellion (jrpg) and a few others.
If the last Guardian came out this year, same as Gran Turismo 5 there would be a serious competition like never seen before.

The 360 doesn't have a response to that kind of game, its unique and Microsoft Needless to say doesnt have a studio of the caliber of Team Ico or similar style of concept to produce video games.

Honestly, the concept for Last Guardian sounds stupider than Heavy Rain. I really dont want to play as a 5 year old kid running around with some sort of massive dog or wolf or whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:02 am

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
D: What the Hell, Shadow of the colossus and Ico were masterpieces although, Ico is so rare that I haven't yet found a copy that game is like 8 years old, SOTC kicked some serious ass and this is the kind of game that while it does look niche it gains attention rapidly and sell systems in the process.
But no Team Ico game has sold any systems. Software sales for both previous Team Ico games were abysmal especially for the huge userbase that PS2 had. This new game will flop on PS3 as well.
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:06 am

Master_Chief wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
But no Team Ico game has sold any systems. Software sales for both games were abysmal especially for the huge userbase that PS2 had. This new game will flop on PS3 as well.
If the last Guardian Doesn't make Ps3 sales spike the month it is released and the game sells less than 2 million copies by the end of this gen I'll shave my testicles and apply aftershave lotion to them while I video-tape my face expression so I can later upload it on Youtube, thats how confident I am in the success of this game.
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 am

ghost23 wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:

Honestly, the concept for Last Guardian sounds stupider than Heavy Rain. I really dont want to play as a 5 year old kid running around with some sort of massive dog or wolf or whatever that is.
SOTC's concept didnt sound too good when I first heard about it, I thought the game was going to be an epic failure but when I played it I was amazed by the level of detail and how much it absorbed me.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 am

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
But no Team Ico game has sold any systems. Software sales for both games were abysmal especially for the huge userbase that PS2 had. This new game will flop on PS3 as well.
If the last Guardian Doesn't make Ps3 sales spike the month it is released and the game sells less than 2 million copies by the end of this gen I'll shave my testicles and apply aftershave lotion to them while I video-tape my face expression so I can later upload it on Youtube, thats how confident I am in the success of this game.
Well you better get that shaver ready then. I'll be looking forward to that video. lol
I've heard PS3 fanboys saying just wait till this game or that game and PS3 will dominate since 2006. Hasnt happened yet. Sony even said Killzone 2 will make 360 owners trade their 360 for a PS3. That never happened either. lol

Last edited by Master_Chief on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:14 am

Master_Chief wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
Well you better get that shaver ready then. I'll be looking forward to that video. lol
Just to be clear, did you play Ico or SOTC last gen? I've only played sotc like I said, maybe the games were overshadowed by the amount of games released at that time for the Ps2, keep in mind that some of the best years the Ps2 had were 2001 and 2004. Many Big releases, MGS, FFX, GT 3/4, KZ1, just about too many and team Ico's games werent advertised appropriately.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:19 am

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
AgentA-Mi6 wrote:

SOTC's concept didnt sound too good when I first heard about it, I thought the game was going to be an epic failure but when I played it I was amazed by the level of detail and how much it absorbed me.

It's probably a good game but that style is definitely not for me. I'll probably be bored after 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:20 am

1. Xbox 360
2. Wii
3. PS3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:20 am

I have both SotC and Ico. Ico is my favorite game on the PS2 and really it's the only game on the system I consider perfect. SotC is alright, not as good as Ico, but better than most PS2 games. If The Last Guardian is more like Ico than SotC then I'll be interested, but don't kid yoruself, Team Ico is a niche developer. They're games don't sell like Halo, Final Fantasy, or MGS. Even if Guardian turns out to be a master piece it won't sell systems and most gamers will buy GoW3 instead. It's just the way things are. The Last Guardian will not sell systems and I'd be surprised if it sold more than 2 million in it's first year if ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:21 am

I played the first Ico and liked it. But as far as advertising goes look at all the hype and advertising Killzone 2 got. And it didnt sell PS3s and took forever to finally reach 2 million while Gears 2 did 2 million in one weekend. Even Uncharted 2 should have done way better considering the caliber of that game and the fact that it was voted GOTY. If those games couldn't do it then a niche title like this Team Ico game definitley wont. Especially given how poorly the other ones did and how PS3 owners just dont buy games the way 360 owners do.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:23 am

ghost23 wrote:
It's probably a good game but that style is definitely not for me. I'll probably be bored after 10 minutes.
You are entitled to your opinion and tastes, I have to agree that team Ico games are not everyone's coup of tea.
Back to top Go down
AgentA-Mi6
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
AgentA-Mi6

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:26 am

Master_Chief wrote:
I played the first Ico and liked it. But as far as advertising goes look at all the hype and advertising Killzone 2 got. And it didnt sell PS3s and took forever to finally reach 2 million while Gears 2 did 2 million in one weekend. Even Uncharted 2 should have done way better considering the caliber of that game and the fact that it was voted GOTY. If those games couldn't do it then a niche title like this Team Ico game definitley wont. Especially given how poorly the other ones did.
Sony didn't need the games to perform as well as they need The Last Guardian to succeed now, Look at all the E3 hype TLG had, it was featured as one of the biggest Ps3 exclusive announcements during Sony's E3 conference, Gran Turismo wasn't emphasized the same way TLG was and GT is Sony's biggest franchise, no Main installment has ever sold less than 7 million copies and TLG had a bigger presentation during E3, Sony no longer can rely on a shitload of third party exclusives TLG will get the attention it deserves now im sure of it. Sony doesn't really have a choice if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:41 am

AgentA-Mi6 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
I played the first Ico and liked it. But as far as advertising goes look at all the hype and advertising Killzone 2 got. And it didnt sell PS3s and took forever to finally reach 2 million while Gears 2 did 2 million in one weekend. Even Uncharted 2 should have done way better considering the caliber of that game and the fact that it was voted GOTY. If those games couldn't do it then a niche title like this Team Ico game definitley wont. Especially given how poorly the other ones did.
Sony didn't need the games to perform as well as they need The Last Guardian to succeed now, Look at all the E3 hype TLG had, it was featured as one of the biggest Ps3 exclusive announcements during Sony's E3 conference, Gran Turismo wasn't emphasized the same way TLG was and GT is Sony's biggest franchise, no Main installment has ever sold less than 7 million copies and TLG had a bigger presentation during E3, Sony no longer can rely on a shitload of third party exclusives TLG will get the attention it deserves now im sure of it. Sony doesn't really have a choice if you think about it.
Thats very true and I agree with you on that. I just dont think this Team Ico game will sell that much although I think Sony will market it well. And I'm not saying its a bad game at all but I just dont think it will sell that much even with aggressive marketing simply because it is a niche title. And I dont think it will be a system seller for the same reason. But I guess we'll find out when it releases.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:52 am

Nope, you guys are wrong. Mark my words, as great as I'm sure Last Guardian will be, it won't sell well nor will Sony put the kind of money marketing it MS does for Halo. It will get one of those crappy, "Dear Playstation" ads with some guy asking for help becuase his game made him cry and the Sony rep will tell him to be a man and then cry himself. That's all it will get, that's all Uncharted 2 got. Uncharted 2 had huge hype, great critical acclaim, and one crappy "Dear Playstation" ad. It still hasn't beaten Halo 3: ODST's sales and niether will The Last Guardian.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:58 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Nope, you guys are wrong. Mark my words, as great as I'm sure Last Guardian will be, it won't sell well nor will Sony put the kind of money marketing it MS does for Halo. It will get one of those crappy, "Dear Playstation" ads with some guy asking for help becuase his game made him cry and the Sony rep will tell him to be a man and then cry himself. That's all it will get, that's all Uncharted 2 got. Uncharted 2 had huge hype, great critical acclaim, and one crappy "Dear Playstation" ad. It still hasn't beaten Halo 3: ODST's sales and niether will The Last Guardian.
QFT PS3 exclusives will never sell as good as 360 exclusives do. And Halo Reach is a system seller that will move both software and hardware. PS3 fantards bash every new Halo that comes out because they know that Halo enjoys the phenomenal success that none of their PS3 exclusives ever have.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Last Guardian looks intresting I must say....but I think Heavy Rain is the one to watch out for on the PS3.....anyways, with Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction and Halo Reach all out this year I can safely say the 360 will dominate 2010.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Last Gaurdian looks stupid imo.I mean cmon,i bet the story will be about a little kid will save the world ect.Plain stupid and boring.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:39 pm

joe11 wrote:
RagnathePhunkGamer wrote:
joe11 wrote:
2.ps3
3.pc
4.wii
It would be in my vote...
1. 360
2. Wii
3. PS3
4. PC

The reason why the Wii is in second is that...Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Need I say more???
yea but ps3 has gt5, y3, gow 3, heavenly rain, and the last guardian. i don't think 1 game could bet those. Also the ps3 has good multiples like dead space and the wii not getting
NEED I SAY MORE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:01 pm

kickass!!!!'
360 for the win!!!
lol i thought for sure pc would win seem i was wrong and i am glad i was
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 4:40 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Last Guardian looks intresting I must say....but I think Heavy Rain is the one to watch out for on the PS3.....anyways, with Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction and Halo Reach all out this year I can safely say the 360 will dominate 2010.

More likely it will be about a kid who helps a monster escape and the two need each other to get away. I looks to have the puzzles of Ico and the scale of SotC. It will be a story about friendship and sacrifice and will probably end with the innocent creature dieing or the boy dieing to save the creature. Either way it will be an attempt to pull at your heart strings for either emotional purposes or to get reviewers to call it true art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!   WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHICH CONSOLE WILL WIN 2010?!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next