This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Topic

Go down 
+13
Freemon34'
Good Zahn
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
Captain Emp
Pein
Stoney
santosj95
popjack88
daveMastaKill
Arbiteris
joe11
Noelol
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Random Topic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
Honestly I liked the Amazon limited edition Resistance 2 when it first came out. It was only $49, $10 less than the game alone lol. I also like the Halo 3 collector's edition with the Spartan helmet, and thats only $45 now Very Happy

Yeah, the Resistance 2 collectors edition with the action figure and artbook and stuff? I dont even have a PS3 anymore but I still kept that XD
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:31 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Honestly I liked the Amazon limited edition Resistance 2 when it first came out. It was only $49, $10 less than the game alone lol. I also like the Halo 3 collector's edition with the Spartan helmet, and thats only $45 now Very Happy

Yeah, the Resistance 2 collectors edition with the action figure and artbook and stuff? I dont even have a PS3 anymore but I still kept that XD
It was a great deal because you got that cool box art, the stuff included, and it was cheaper than the regular edition Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

It was a great deal because you got that cool box art, the stuff included, and it was cheaper than the regular edition Smile

Exactly! My Chimera soldier is still in the box XD never opened the case.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:08 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

The only thing that could be better is if they replaced that hybrid with a life sized leviathan. LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

The only thing that could be better is if they replaced that hybrid with a life sized leviathan. LMAO!!!

Yeah, Im sure they would make a lot of those and sell them XD I would buy one though haha
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:34 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

Yeah, Im sure they would make a lot of those and sell them XD I would buy one though haha
Have a chimeran battle ship as well and you could start your own war XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

Have a chimeran battle ship as well and you could start your own war XD

If I could chose any battle ship like that it would be those big as Chimeran ones! GOD those are fucking awesome! Speaking of which, right when you get outside in the San Fran level, the draw distance for that scene is AMAZING
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 pm

I know that blew my mind back in '08. I was like, "this will never be done again," just had to wait for Gears 2 and Killzone 2 though. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
I know that blew my mind back in '08. I was like, "this will never be done again," just had to wait for Gears 2 and Killzone 2 though. lol.

Haha yeah, for its time it had quite the amazing graphics.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:43 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

I liked the graphics of the first one better, probably because I got Resistance 1 with my PS3 and the only thing that challenged it was gears 1 at the time. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

I liked the graphics of the first one better, probably because I got Resistance 1 with my PS3 and the only thing that challenged it was gears 1 at the time. lol.

If you compare them now R2 kills it lol but it has a different art style almost. Atleast a different color type.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:52 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

If you compare them now R2 kills it lol but it has a different art style almost. Atleast a different color type.
R1 and R:Ret. = Grey
R2 = Orange
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

Thats what I was just thinking. R2 has a lot more colors, and a big orange tint. But the others are kinda grey. They only thing I miss from the first to the second is the narrating, great way of story telling.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:00 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

Thats what I was just thinking. R2 has a lot more colors, and a big orange tint. But the others are kinda grey. They only thing I miss from the first to the second is the narrating, great way of story telling.
Vehicles, unlimited weapons, and a horror tone instead of an action tone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:18 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

Oh, yeah I guess that too. Well the vehicles I didnt really miss but the weapons wheel was beast, its kinda the thing where if you die you can try again with a different weapon, it never got boring.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:07 am

[quote="TheJubJub57212"]
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

i didnt missed the narrative,the story was easy to understand and i thought it was preety great,from all the aliens ive faced in games,i think the chimera are far more dangerous than the helghast,the covenant,the flood and the locust.well thats my opinion,both resistance games are freaking beast but for me they are kinda underrated
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:45 am

[quote="AndrejTheReviewer"]
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

i didnt missed the narrative,the story was easy to understand and i thought it was preety great,from all the aliens ive faced in games,i think the chimera are far more dangerous than the helghast,the covenant,the flood and the locust.well thats my opinion,both resistance games are freaking beast but for me they are kinda underrated

So the chimera can defeat the Covenant Empire?And empire comprised of billions and has a fleet of atleast a 1000 cruisers that can glass any planet from orbit?Doubtful.But then again,we dont know much about the chimera
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:18 pm

[quote="HellJumper"]
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

So the chimera can defeat the Covenant Empire?And empire comprised of billions and has a fleet of atleast a 1000 cruisers that can glass any planet from orbit?Doubtful.But then again,we dont know much about the chimera

trust me about this,chimera are similar to the flood but you have to see that the chimera has enormous ships and their numbers are growing way faster than the flood and can outnumber the covenant if they continue like that,the covenant after halo 3 are broken and after resistance 2,hale and his buddies only freed usa and england while master chief,unsc and the elites almost destroyed the whole covenant force,without the prophets,the covenant are useless,but you got a point,we dont know if the chimera has any leader whatsoever (not including daedalus) and we dont know from where they've come
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

trust me about this,chimera are similar to the flood but you have to see that the chimera has enormous ships and their numbers are growing way faster than the flood and can outnumber the covenant if they continue like that,the covenant after halo 3 are broken and after resistance 2,hale and his buddies only freed usa and england while master chief,unsc and the elites almost destroyed the whole covenant force,without the prophets,the covenant are useless,but you got a point,we dont know if the chimera has any leader whatsoever (not including daedalus) and we dont know from where they've come

The Angels control sections of the Chimera. And with Chimeran numbers growing so quickly, I think they could take out the Covenant. God that would be an epic battle!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:27 pm

HellJumper wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

The Covenant only broke apart during the end of the war.Most oft he war they are as I explained.So you consider what the Covenant Empire was before the civil war,not after.And the humans werent responsible for the Covy civil war,the covenant could have wiped out humanity if the civil war didnt happen

Chimera dont have space travel cruisers,only the flagship can.this is because the ships are exposed to Vacuum,which would destroy any chimera in the ship.The Chimera also donmt have that big of a fleet.

How can the Chimeran desease touch the Covenant infantry when the Covenant can simply glass whatever planet the Chimera are on from orbit?

Even then,if a chimera infect a Covenant cruiser then the other Covenant cruisers can blast that cruiser into oblivion.

In the end,it would be virtually impossible for the chimera to destroy the Covenant.Not even the flood was able to Destroy the Covenant,even with controlling High Charity(Heart of the Covenant itself)
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:25 pm

[quote="HellJumper"]
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

The Covenant only broke apart during the end of the war.Most oft he war they are as I explained.So you consider what the Covenant Empire was before the civil war,not after.And the humans werent responsible for the Covy civil war,the covenant could have wiped out humanity if the civil war didnt happen

Chimera dont have space travel cruisers,only the flagship can.this is because the ships are exposed to Vacuum,which would destroy any chimera in the ship.The Chimera also donmt have that big of a fleet.

How can the Chimeran desease touch the Covenant infantry when the Covenant can simply glass whatever planet the Chimera are on from orbit?

Even then,if a chimera infect a Covenant cruiser then the other Covenant cruisers can blast that cruiser into oblivion.

In the end,it would be virtually impossible for the chimera to destroy the Covenant.Not even the flood was able to Destroy the Covenant,even with controlling High Charity(Heart of the Covenant itself)
i understand,but you have to see that the chimera process is faster than the covenant,in just a few months they occupied whole russia.WHOLE RUSSIA!! and then in just few weeks they conquered whole europe,the flood only targets one location and from there they are populating while the chimera are unpredictable and they attack all the time and also if the whole chimera army from both resistance games and even the retribution one attack the covenant,the covenant will be overrun and outnumbered,the hybrids can take on the grunts and maybe the jackals,angels can destroy a whole phantom,chameleon can kill the elites same with the brutes and titans,the hunters can also be destroyed by the titans,they also have the marauder,the kraken,the leviathan,the mother spinner and they also have the widowmaker,i doubt the covenant can top that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:36 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
i understand,but you have to see that the chimera process is faster than the covenant,in just a few months they occupied whole russia.WHOLE RUSSIA!! and then in just few weeks they conquered whole europe,the flood only targets one location and from there they are populating while the chimera are unpredictable and they attack all the time and also if the whole chimera army from both resistance games and even the retribution one attack the covenant,the covenant will be overrun and outnumbered,the hybrids can take on the grunts and maybe the jackals,angels can destroy a whole phantom,chameleon can kill the elites same with the brutes and titans,the hunters can also be destroyed by the titans,they also have the marauder,the kraken,the leviathan,the mother spinner and they also have the widowmaker,i doubt the covenant can top that

This. Chimera > Covenant
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:55 pm

HellJumper wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

R2 = Orange

*facepalm*

Woah!!!All of russia?Thats pretty sweet.The Covenant conqured ATLEAST 50 Solar Systems!!50 Solar systems!!!!!But I guess conquering Russia is more impressive.

lol how can the chimera even attack the Covenant?I mean seriously,The covenant reside in space,WHICH THE CHIMERA CANT TOUCH.

I garentee there is more Covenant then Chimera.The covenant have atleast 8x the size of earths population and the Chimera dont even have as much as the Earth population(though it has most).

When the flood consume a individual,they get all of the memories and abilities that individual had.Such as knowing how to fly a ship or a cruiser.The flood used this to consume High Charity.They infested the UNSC ship "In Amber Clad" and crashed it into High Charity while the Covenant were attacking themselves.

The flood can actually spread as much as the Chimera,if not more.They take controll of the individual in atleast a midute.Unlike the chimeran desease,which takes longer.Hell,look how fast the flood spreaded during the battle in High Chairty,or how fast it spread when they crashed an infected cruiser into the industrial city of Voi.

You underestimate how deadly the flood are.They will use EVERY strength you have against yourself.Every war machine or numbers you have is completly useless against the flood.That is why the Forerunner built the Halo Rings,to nuetralize all the floods food scource,thus starving it and hopefully kill it.

Overall,the Chimera CANT even touch the Covenant.Unless the Chimera suddenly have a fleet of thousands of cruisers that can actually space travel but that has yetb to be seen.

@jubjub

Covenant>Chimera
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 pm

HellJumper wrote:

*facepalm*

Woah!!!All of russia?Thats pretty sweet.The Covenant conqured ATLEAST 50 Solar Systems!!50 Solar systems!!!!!But I guess conquering Russia is more impressive.

lol how can the chimera even attack the Covenant?I mean seriously,The covenant reside in space,WHICH THE CHIMERA CANT TOUCH.

I garentee there is more Covenant then Chimera.The covenant have atleast 8x the size of earths population and the Chimera dont even have as much as the Earth population(though it has most).

When the flood consume a individual,they get all of the memories and abilities that individual had.Such as knowing how to fly a ship or a cruiser.The flood used this to consume High Charity.They infested the UNSC ship "In Amber Clad" and crashed it into High Charity while the Covenant were attacking themselves.

The flood can actually spread as much as the Chimera,if not more.They take controll of the individual in atleast a midute.Unlike the chimeran desease,which takes longer.Hell,look how fast the flood spreaded during the battle in High Chairty,or how fast it spread when they crashed an infected cruiser into the industrial city of Voi.

You underestimate how deadly the flood are.They will use EVERY strength you have against yourself.Every war machine or numbers you have is completly useless against the flood.That is why the Forerunner built the Halo Rings,to nuetralize all the floods food scource,thus starving it and hopefully kill it.

Overall,the Chimera CANT even touch the Covenant.Unless the Chimera suddenly have a fleet of thousands of cruisers that can actually space travel but that has yetb to be seen.

@jubjub

Covenant>Chimera

Have you not been reading? The Chimera has huge battle cruisers, they can go into space. oh, and Chimera > Covenant
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

*facepalm*

@jubjub

Covenant>Chimera

Have you not been reading? The Chimera has huge battle cruisers, they can go into space. oh, and Chimera > Covenant

have you not been reading?The Chimera dont have cruisers suited for space travel.BECAUSE THE SHIPS ARE EXPOSED TO VACUUM.Ive got this info right off of the Resistance wiki BTW.

Covenant>Chimera
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Topic   Random Topic - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Topic
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next