This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how can u tell wat game has better graphics

Go down 
+13
Stoney
Mr. Project Natal
GiantRobot2
day walker
Angel In Black
3DO Was Something
ghost23
oh woe is me
Stigma
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
daveMastaKill
joe11
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

how can u tell wat game has better graphics Empty
PostSubject: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:59 pm

i don't know wat game looks better whats graphics king cysis1,Cysis 2,alan wake,Halo reach,u2,heavy rain, and gow 3
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:23 pm

PC always beats consoles...so Crysis of course.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:31 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
but how can u tell
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:40 pm

joe11 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
but how can u tell

Well..i'm not a expert in the area of graphics and stuff, at least to a technical level.
I think you can determine a game by mostly the gaming engine and the platform of wich is running on, this case the PC.
But i'm talking about the PC cuz unlike consoles it can be optimized, like for example running the game with unlocked frames and stuff. There is alot more freedom on a PC than on a console.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Console Vs Console its kinda more hard to determine better graphics on the exclusives.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:24 pm

I definately think Crysis. Uc2, Alan Wake, Gears & Heavy Rain all look amazing but in cases like Uc2, the textures don't look that great really.... I mean zoom in close to the brick walls and they look crap but where they excel is the general presentation. I mean looking at the city scape, etc.

As for Gears, the textures looks superb but the areas are kinda emptyish.

Crysis on the other hand really offers the best of both worlds. Amazing texture quality and huge areas that are jam packed with wonderfully rendered scenery and it just looks fantastic.

I'd rank it:

1.Crysis
2.Heavy Rain
3.Alan Wake (maybe 2# but I'm not too sure)
4.Uncharted 2
5.Gears Of War

God of war 3 cannot make it onto the list. Look at the character models other than Kratos and they look kinda basic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:37 pm

1. Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC with support for DX11)

2. Crysis

3. PC Game

4. PC Game

5. PC Game, every multi-platform title on PC that is also on console..

Most games on consoles struggle to get 720P... On a PC you can have higher then 1080p..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:00 pm

I look at it like this

1. Textures

2. Details

3. Facial Rendering

4. Lighting

5. Line (Like if the outline of a character looks smooth or choppy)

6. Color (How many colors there are, Killzone 2 is constantly shades of gray and red so it fails in this category, meanwhile Gears 2 looks like a rainbow compared to it) (also some colors are vibrant, giving it a false appearance of great graphics, aka Uncharted 2)

7. Shading

8. Micro Details

9. Realism (You could say it's optional, Borderlands uses Cell Shading so you wouldn't use this category to determine it's graphics)

10. Space (Corridor cramped games compared to open world games)

11. Other
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:02 pm

So yeah Crisis has the best graphics, but i think Halo Reach will beat Killzone 2 and many others
Back to top Go down
oh woe is me
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:13 pm

from the games you listed in order:

crysis

crysis 2

gow 3

(note the next 3 probly could be interchange able with each other)

U2

halo reach

alan wake

heavy rain
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Crysis and Crysis 2 will have the best graphics for at least the next 5 years. It's just that far ahead of everything else.
As for consoles, I would rank it

1) Halo Reach
2) Mass Effect 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Uncharted 2
5) Splinter Cell Conviction

I don't understand why people say that Heavy Rain has good graphics. The faces are the only decent thing about that game, the environments don't even look that great.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:35 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Crysis and Crysis 2 will have the best graphics for at least the next 5 years. It's just that far ahead of everything else.

1) Halo Reach
2) Mass Effect 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Uncharted 2

I don't understand why people say that Heavy Rain has good graphics. The faces are the only decent thing about that game, the environments don't even look that great.
i don't think mass effect (maybe halo) should be in their
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:37 pm

joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

1) Halo Reach
2) Mass Effect 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Uncharted 2

Have you played Mass Effect 2?
The visuals in the game are absolutely phenomenal. It has some of the best character models in any videogame. The environments are absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:45 pm

ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

1) Halo Reach
2) Mass Effect 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Uncharted 2

The visuals in the game are absolutely phenomenal. It has some of the best character models in any videogame. The environments are absolutely amazing.
Yes I played it but halo,last guardian,heavy rain u2,scc,alan wake, and others look far better in detail, character models,lightening and animations.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:14 pm

joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

1) Halo Reach
2) Mass Effect 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Uncharted 2

Yes I played it but halo,last guardian,heavy rain u2,scc,alan wake, and others look far better in detail, character models,lightening and animations.

I got to disagree with you. I think ME2 has the best character models in games.
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Crysis 1 is the best, Crysis 2 looks a bit sloppy due to the console ports, I really do like GOW3's graphics since its running in 1080p with no slow down and it won't have anyload times. Then its a tie between AW, HR, and U2.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Mass Effect 2 his a gorgeous game in all fronts. The environment for example in the space stations are without a doubt outstading. It almost looks its alive with all the lights and LED and holograms.
The character models are also awesome (don't forget you can create your own character so its more complicated for the developers to animate your character than a game with a definite one, like UC2.)
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:23 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Mass Effect 2 his a gorgeous game in all fronts. The environment for example in the space stations are without a doubt outstading. It almost looks its alive with all the lights and LED and holograms.
The character models are also awesome (don't forget you can create your own character so its more complicated for the developers to animate your character than a game with a definite one, like UC2.)

Yeah the only problem I have with the graphics are that in the cutscenes, when two characters touch, depending on your armour, one person's hand(or leg, etc) may go into the other person's body/armour.

I hope I worded that paragraph properly. Sorry I'm Italian.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:28 pm

3DO Was Something wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

Yeah the only problem I have with the graphics are that in the cutscenes, when two characters touch, depending on your armour, one person's hand(or leg, etc) may go into the other person's body/armour.

I hope I worded that paragraph properly. Sorry I'm Italian.

Those bugs in videogames are normal really. For example i lost count how many times in UC2, Drakes hand goes into the walls while hes hanging or is arm enters his legs while reloading lmao =X.
Its totally normal.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Yeah, Mass Effect 2 has some of the best graphics I've ever seen. The frame rate got a little choppy sometimes, but the characters and backgrounds looked amazing.

Heavy Rain looks good, but I wouldn't put it in the top 5. Characters are nice, but the backgrounds could be better.

I can't comment on PC games since I hate them, but overall the two best looking games I've ever seen are Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2.

EDIT: Also Mario Galaxy. It's the best looking non-HD game.

Last edited by Iron_Patriot on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:40 pm

ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

1) Halo Reach
2) Mass Effect 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Uncharted 2

looks at heavy rain's faces in hd 720p it shows better expressions, actions,light, and detail
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:48 pm

joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

1) Halo Reach
2) Mass Effect 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Uncharted 2

looks at heavy rain's faces in hd 720p it shows better expressions, actions,light, and detail

Mate I've seen Heavy Rain's faces in HD and i think that it looks a bit rough at the edges. And the lip syncing isn't that great in Heavy Rain either. I still think that ME2 has the best facial animations and facial design.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:50 pm

The only thing Heavy Rain has over Mass Effect 2 is the voice acting. It's actually quite good IMO.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Iron_Patriot wrote:
The only thing Heavy Rain has over Mass Effect 2 is the voice acting. It's actually quite good IMO.

Are you being serious.
Have you seen Heavy Rain gameplay?
The voice acting is horrible.

How can you compete with ME2 when they have people like Martin Sheen. And Captain Anderson is voiced by the Arbiter.
Theres also a very sexy Australian accent in there.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:56 pm

ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

1) Halo Reach
2) Mass Effect 2
3) Alan Wake
4) Uncharted 2

Mate I've seen Heavy Rain's faces in HD and i think that it looks a bit rough at the edges. And the lip syncing isn't that great in Heavy Rain either. I still think that ME2 has the best facial animations and facial design.
in Hr u see better detail in the face u see check bones and scars better and more realist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how can u tell wat game has better graphics   how can u tell wat game has better graphics Empty

Back to top Go down

how can u tell wat game has better graphics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: