This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice

Go down 
+5
Stigma
ghost23
Arbiteris
343_Guilty_Spark
day walker
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice Empty
PostSubject: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:14 am

quote Posted By: Urk
This
next week, Lee Wilson joins us as we record all the mission and combat
dialog for the main story Spartan characters and our male/female Noble Six voices. http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_030510 quote finally u can choose to be a girl or guy spartan
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:16 am

Awesome. I'll probably play though as both like Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:38 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Awesome. I'll probably play though as both like Mass Effect.
heres hoping noble six takes his/ her helmet off so we can see the difference
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:19 pm

I dont get it.

How can Noble 6 be a guy and a girl?

Halo isnt an RPG.

Making it so you can choose if it's a guy and girl would make it non canon.

I pray they dont do that.BIG MISTAKE
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I dont get it.

Halo isnt an RPG.

I guess that Bungie want the game to be more customisable.
Anyway how would it make it non canon?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:27 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
I dont get it.

Halo isnt an RPG.

Costimising Campaign character's in shooter's is bad.

Cause,if you look at Halo lore,it would be impossible to determine who Nobel 6 is.Is he a guy or girl?Impossible to know.

Unless they make a certain gender default and canon gender.Then keep the other gender just for fun and non canon.

Non canon character's+Canon story=Messed up
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
I dont get it.

Halo isnt an RPG.

Cause,if you look at Halo lore,it would be impossible to determine who Nobel 6 is.Is he a guy or girl?Impossible to know.

Unless they make a certain gender default and canon gender.Then keep the other gender just for fun and non canon.

I'm guessing that Noble Team dies with the planet. Or at least Noble 6 won't make it out alive. It doesn't matter if Noble Six is a guy or a girl if he/she is never named and doesn't make it into another game.

Noble Six is us and Bungie wants us to feel like we are on Reach as ourselves.

Cannon will just refer to Noble 6 by rank. Gender can be classified. Besides Noble Team are the real stars anyway.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
I dont get it.

Halo isnt an RPG.

ahhh yes i see.
But i trust Bungie on this, they've built the entire Halo universe from scratch and they wouldnt want to ruin over 10 years worth of work.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:34 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
I dont get it.

Halo isnt an RPG.

I'm guessing that Noble Team dies with the planet. Or at least Noble 6 won't make it out alive. It doesn't matter if Noble Six is a guy or a girl if he/she is never named and doesn't make it into another game.

Noble Six is us and Bungie wants us to feel like we are on Reach as ourselves.

Cannon will just refer to Noble 6 by rank. Gender can be classified. Besides Noble Team are the real stars anyway.

Still,it's non canon.If you can pick character's gender,then it isnt canon.That person's gender wont be official.

Halo is a shooter franchise.Not an RPG franchise where you make your own path and character.

Not saying it is a big deal.But it isnt good.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:37 pm

It's Bungie they know what they are doing, chill out Arbiteris
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:41 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

I was just saying my oppinion on the matter.

I love Bungie(best Dev out there) but IN MY OPINION it is a bad idea.And im sure many other Halo fans who love Halo lore will think the same thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I love Bungie(best Dev out there) but IN MY OPINION it is a bad idea.And im sure many other Halo fans who love Halo lore will think the same thing

I think they are doing what Id software did with doom, as in the main character is supposed to be you (hence the reason he isn't given a name and what they said), that must be it for this reason. So assuming Noble six is supposed to be you then it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I think they are doing what Id software did with doom, as in the main character is supposed to be you (hence the reason he isn't given a name and what they said), that must be it for this reason. So assuming Noble six is supposed to be you then it makes sense.

But like i said,in a shooter,Your arent sopposed to be "you".

Creating a character to be "you" is meant for Role Playing game's.

They should have done the same thing as they did with the Rookie.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Dude, you don't even know The Rookie's name. Maybe he is a her. You don't know. Bungie wanted y ou to BE the Rookie so they never had him talk. This time around it looks like they want it to BE you, but need him/her to talk.

Look at ME. You can play the game as either a man or a woman, but the official cannon treats him like a man. Even in Halo 1,2, and 3 you were supposed to FEEL like the Master Chief.

Same goes for Halo Reach. You're over reacting over something that has worked fine for ages.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:08 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Dude, you don't even know The Rookie's name. Maybe he is a her. You don't know. Bungie wanted y ou to BE the Rookie so they never had him talk. This time around it looks like they want it to BE you, but need him/her to talk.

Look at ME. You can play the game as either a man or a woman, but the official cannon treats him like a man. Even in Halo 1,2, and 3 you were supposed to FEEL like the Master Chief.

Same goes for Halo Reach. You're over reacting over something that has worked fine for ages.

Actually,the Rookie is a he.Havnt you beat the game on Legendary?You should have heard his grunts when he get shot by now.

I WAS SAYING THEY SHOULD MAKE NOBLE 6 LIKE MASTER CHIEF.Not like captain Sheperd from Mass Effect.

I was giving my opinion.Lol,as soon as i say my oppinion,people start argueing with me then start saying im over reacting.Ironic
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Actually,the Rookie is a he.Havnt you beat the game on Legendary?You should have heard his grunts when he get shot by now.

I WAS SAYING THEY SHOULD MAKE NOBLE 6 LIKE MASTER CHIEF.Not like captain Sheperd from Mass Effect.

I was giving my opinion.Lol,as soon as i say my oppinion,people start argueing with me then start saying im over reacting.Ironic

You are overreacting. Not like PS3 fantards, but you are still over-thinking and thus overreacting to the idea of gender options.

I guarantee you that Noble Six's gender will have no effect on his/her appeal as a character or the game's importance in cannon.

I don't understand why you are having a hard time believing that when so many other games let you choose gender and it doesn't effect cannon at all.

I do understand your opinion that it would be better if Noble Six was given a name and a gender by Bungie, and you migth be right. But it really is trivial if you think about it.

Bungie doesn't want another "Master Chief", and really no character can ever really fill his shoes anyway.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

You are overreacting. Not like PS3 fantards, but you are still over-thinking and thus overreacting to the idea of gender options.

I guarantee you that Noble Six's gender will have no effect on his/her appeal as a character or the game's importance in cannon.

I don't understand why you are having a hard time believing that when so many other games let you choose gender and it doesn't effect cannon at all.

How many times do i have to tell you....

I WAS JUST GIVING MY OPPINION.I didnt say you had to agree with me.

Ill say that again...

I WAS GIVING MY OPPINION

Got it?

I just dont like the idea of having a non Canon character in a Canon story.BUT THAT IS MY OPPINION

RPG's let you create your own character.

If bungie wants the characters to feel more real,then they make the dialogue and story better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:59 pm

While I repect your opinion arbiteris, I like the idea of being the main character, in the game
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 pm

yay Very Happy .... the funny thing is if this will be on pc
i wager that then it will result in female nude mods
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Still,it's non canon.If you can pick character's gender,then it isnt canon.That person's gender wont be official.

Halo is a shooter franchise.Not an RPG franchise where you make your own path and character.

You're making way too big a deal of this. It's a minor difference. You'll most likely still have the same storyline and gameplay!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:12 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You're making way too big a deal of this. It's a minor difference. You'll most likely still have the same storyline and gameplay!

It is my oppinion.

You dont have to agree with what im saying.

Im a Halo lore fan and I would rather have a solid main character.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

It is my oppinion.

You dont have to agree with what im saying.

Im a Halo lore fan and I would rather have a solid main character.
but noone has heard of noble team so what diffense does it make
i think it is a great option though
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:11 pm

i am a halo lor fan too and i think if noble six is mentioned in cannon he would be by defult a guy, bungies just letting us change it up, hell maybe the voices are for multyplayer, we just have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:13 pm

day walker wrote:
i am a halo lor fan too and i think if noble six is mentioned in cannon he would be by defult a guy, bungies just letting us change it up, hell maybe the voices are for multyplayer, we just have to wait and see

If it's default guy or girl then it would be better.Then they could just add the other gender voice for fun.

Well just have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 am

What I wanna know is why the hell are these Spartans not a big as MC? I mean MC was about 7-8 ft....and The Arbiter was about 10-11 ft....Yet it seems in Reach that the Spartans are the same height as regular Marines yet the Elites are like 14-15 ft!!!! WTF is up with that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice   noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice Empty

Back to top Go down

noble six to be either a girl or guy with a voice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next