This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.

Go down 
+7
Stigma
DarkSwarm85
NightFang91
Arbiteris
TRF
xjosh360s
Invincible
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. Empty
PostSubject: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:18 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=261517

Here's some bad news for those of you looking to ahem, 'jump in' when Microsoft's Xbox 360 motion cam, Kinect arrives this November; voice chat and voice command functionality will not be included at launch.

That's what Xbox Live EMEA marketing man, Robin Burrowes told trade mag MCV. Apparently, Microsoft "will be announcing when voice control will be turned on in due course," says Burrowes, which is disappointing.

The platform holder's also confirmed that another of Kinect's premier features, 'Video Kinect' chat software, will also not feature as part of the camera's launch.

--------------------------------------------

Well, there goes any chance of a day 1 purchase from me. Using the voice commands looked cooler then the games themselves.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:28 am

Umm....why? Why cant they just put that in at launch?
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:21 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Probably because the tech just isn't ready yet. I've seen a lot of video on youtube of kinect demos not working properly. But I guess MS just wants to get it on the market asap.

Of course, there's always the possibility the article is a complete lie.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 pm

if this is true then kinect failing pretty bad
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Invincible wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Probably because the tech just isn't ready yet. I've seen a lot of video on youtube of kinect demos not working properly. But I guess MS just wants to get it on the market asap.

The tech is far from being ready. It's a shoddy piece of crap. Microsoft either needs to bring the price down or improve the tech. As of now, it's not even worth $50.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:17 pm

TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

The tech is far from being ready. It's a shoddy piece of crap. Microsoft either needs to bring the price down or improve the tech. As of now, it's not even worth $50.

I know you hate kinect but can you please just judge the thing when it comes out?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:21 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I know you hate kinect but can you please just judge the thing when it comes out?
I'm only basing my judgment on just about every demo of it ever shown. It just doesn't seem like Microsoft cares about Kinect that much. They're supporting it with gimmicky software, and they're not even prepping it to look good on stage, let alone actually be good.

I'm sure one of my friends will buy it. So sure, right before I stop being friends with him, I'll try out Kinect and pass my final judgment. Razz I admit there's a chance Microsoft will turn it all around, in which case I will admit I am wrong. I am never afraid to admit that I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 pm

Well for the most part people have said it worked good.Some games had a bit of flaws(some of the kinect adventures minigames for example) but those can be fixed.

How did it look bad on stage?It looked epic with the voice and motion things.Yes,it was all acted but smae goes for PS Move.Everything shown on stage at E3 werent 100% real,companies cant afford their product messing up on stage
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Well for the most part people have said it worked good.Some games had a bit of flaws(some of the kinect adventures minigames for example) but those can be fixed.

How did it look bad on stage?It looked epic with the voice and motion things.Yes,it was all acted but smae goes for PS Move.Everything shown on stage at E3 werent 100% real,companies cant afford their product messing up on stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v01bm9iLtAI&feature=player_embedded

Need I say more? IGN also expressed disappointment with Kinect, and the E3 demo was laughable. I don't think Microsoft is going to support this much. Microsoft does a lot of things right, such as making a stable online service with a great user interface, but one thing they do not do, is support their stuff. They dropped the HD-DVD drive, they dropped memory cards (which I bought - 256MB for $30), they dropped the XBL Vision Cam (which I bought for $20), and I suspect they will drop Kinect after awhile (I also predict them dropping the old hard drives eventually - the new 360s don't use them and they may stop selling them by their lonesome).

Microsoft is making a big mistake by making Kinect solely for casuals. They're diving into a market that they'll be lucky to earn 5% of. I just think they've been handling their motion controller poorly for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Showing one game that isnt working very well with kinect doesnt mean kinect will fail.that coudl easily bet he games fault,not kinect.Its just like basing the wiimote off of all the shovelware wii games that use's it.

Umm,I go on IGN everyday and didnt see anything about IGN dissapointed with it

Like I said,dont judge teh product until release.Am I saying Kinect will work?No,but im saying its a possibility.Its liek the guys at the PS3N.They are saying that PS3 will win 2011,dont say who will win 2011 until that year is to an end.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 pm

TRF wrote:

Need I say more? IGN also expressed disappointment with Kinect, and the E3 demo was laughable. I don't think Microsoft is going to support this much. Microsoft does a lot of things right, such as making a stable online service with a great user interface, but one thing they do not do, is support their stuff. They dropped the HD-DVD drive, they dropped memory cards (which I bought - 256MB for $30), they dropped the XBL Vision Cam (which I bought for $20), and I suspect they will drop Kinect after awhile (I also predict them dropping the old hard drives eventually - the new 360s don't use them and they may stop selling them by their lonesome).

Microsoft is making a big mistake by making Kinect solely for casuals. They're diving into a market that they'll be lucky to earn 5% of. I just think they've been handling their motion controller poorly for a long time.
You forgot this:

Both Kinect and Move looks fail to me :/
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Both Kinect and Move looks fail to me :/
Move looks pretty accurate, albeit a lot more expensive than Kinect for the full experience. Still, I suspect it will be a quality experience. I'm going to pick the $100 bundle up to play Time Crisis: Razing Storm, The Shoot, and Dead Space: Extraction. I hope more on-rails shooters make their way to Move because that's the only reason I want one. I wonder if Time Crisis 4 will be upgraded with Move support.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm

TRF wrote:

Move looks pretty accurate, albeit a lot more expensive than Kinect for the full experience. Still, I suspect it will be a quality experience. I'm going to pick the $100 bundle up to play Time Crisis: Razing Storm, The Shoot, and Dead Space: Extraction. I hope more on-rails shooters make their way to Move because that's the only reason I want one. I wonder if Time Crisis 4 will be upgraded with Move support.
During the recent EA presentation on Gamescom (I think?) Move was really bad and laggy.
But sure, Move mite b cool if you're into rails shooters.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

During the recent EA presentation on Gamescom (I think?) Move was really bad and laggy.
That's the only kind of motion control gaming I would ever do.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 pm

I wasn't even going to buy Kinect in the 1st place. Doesn't concern me.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:07 pm

TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

On rail shooters are about the last thing I want to play. I want more games like Zack and Wiki that found some pretty clever ways to use motion control.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be getting either Kinect or Move this year. There's really nothing to play that's not a clone of something Nintendo has already done years ago.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:58 pm

IGN made a video on this, voice command will be available at launch, not sure about voice chat though.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 am

microsoft has jumped to this rumor and said it will have voice command and voice chat at launch
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/81672/kinect-wont-have-voice-control-at-launch-updated-yes-it-will/
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:12 am

Invincible wrote:
TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I never played Zak and Wiki. I've heard great things about it? What did they do with the motion controls that was so great?

On rail shooters are about the last thing I want to play. I want more games like Zack and Wiki that found some pretty clever ways to use motion control.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be getting either Kinect or Move this year. There's really nothing to play that's not a clone of something Nintendo has already done years ago.

BlackStigma wrote:
IGN made a video on this, voice command will be available at launch, not sure about voice chat though.
Well that's good. Honestly the multimedia features are the only appealing thing about Kinect.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:34 pm

TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I never played Zak and Wiki. I've heard great things about it? What did they do with the motion controls that was so great?

BlackStigma wrote:
Well that's good. Honestly the multimedia features are the only appealing thing about Kinect.

Coming from a guy who thinks Move is apealing.I mean cmon,Move isnt appealing at all.It is a damn wii rip off that dont even LOOK good(as in design).I mean cmon,I have a wii so why should I spend 150$ on Move just to play a few hardcore games liek killzone?Im ean,I already have motion control csual games on my wii so why would I need it for Move?

See,Move is not gonna sell.It doesnt mattr if it even does work wel;.no parents are gonna buy a motiion controller for their kids for 150$ when they can spend 200$ for a wii console(which includes the same type of motion control).Not to mention Wii has games that kids love and parents know of liek Mario,Zelda,Metroid ect

Atleast Kinect has something that interests people,the tech.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:53 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

BlackStigma wrote:

Coming from a guy who thinks Move is apealing.I mean cmon,Move isnt appealing at all.It is a damn wii rip off that dont even LOOK good(as in design).I mean cmon,I have a wii so why should I spend 150$ on Move just to play a few hardcore games liek killzone?Im ean,I already have motion control csual games on my wii so why would I need it for Move?

See,Move is not gonna sell.It doesnt mattr if it even does work wel;.no parents are gonna buy a motiion controller for their kids for 150$ when they can spend 200$ for a wii console(which includes the same type of motion control).Not to mention Wii has games that kids love and parents know of liek Mario,Zelda,Metroid ect

Move isn't aiming at the casual market, it's aiming at the hardcore. This could be a horrible move for Sony, or a very successful one.
Also you can predict and he cannot?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Move is more appealing to me. Kinect, not so much. Although I doubt I'll buy any. (Slight chance Move, almost zero chance Kinect).
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:51 pm

Teckno wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

BlackStigma wrote:

Move isn't aiming at the casual market, it's aiming at the hardcore. This could be a horrible move for Sony, or a very successful one.

Did I say he cannot predict?No I didnt.Stop twisting my words.Im telling why Move isnt gonna be a success.

Hardcore audience?Wow you got to be kidding.Sony do realize that the hardcore audience generally hates motion control,and that they arent gonna give up their duel shock 3 for Move right.....
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:26 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Teckno wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

BlackStigma wrote:

Did I say he cannot predict?No I didnt.Stop twisting my words.Im telling why Move isnt gonna be a success.

Hardcore audience?Wow you got to be kidding.Sony do realize that the hardcore audience generally hates motion control,and that they arent gonna give up their duel shock 3 for Move right.....
Yes, you said "Like I said,dont judge teh product until release.Am I saying Kinect will work?No,but im saying its a possibility.Its liek the guys at the PS3N.They are saying that PS3 will win 2011,dont say who will win 2011 until that year is to an end." It's implied they can't predict.
I didn't say Sony Move would sell, I was just correcting you when you were saying Move was aimed at the casuals.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:48 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Move is more appealing to me. Kinect, not so much. Although I doubt I'll buy any. (Slight chance Move, almost zero chance Kinect).

Same. Some of the Move games look ok, but all the Kinect games look stupid. The tech is the only thing that interests me, but not enough to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. Empty

Back to top Go down

Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next