This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?

Go down 
+10
Monashtry
Master_Chief
343_Guilty_Spark
cannibalshinobi
arnt god of war
Blixtstorm
GeneralMLD
handkerchief
J77
DemonWolf
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? Empty
PostSubject: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:13 am

Hmmm it looks like it does if you look here:

http://www.gameswire.net/comparisons/forza-motorsport-3-vs-gran-turismo-5-prologue--comparison_31.html

But check this out:

Destructoid are at TGS right now and one of their guys has managed to have a go at both the Forza 3 and GT5 demo’s on display and has put together a comparison article about the two.

Some of the most notable comments about a single title are

“Plants and trees on the side of the road look like paper cutouts, and the tree trunks are laughably bad”

“Driving slow in [Redacted] is like inviting disappointment. I guess they were hoping you’d always be moving fast enough to not notice the perfectly flat tree and pole textures”

“[Redacted] doesn’t do that. In fact, side of the road items like cones and tires don’t even seem to be affected properly by impact.”

“I don’t need true-to-life physics on these types of collisions, but this looked closer to the movement of a UFO than a stack of rubber tires”

And that single title that took all the flak was Gran Turismo 5. Apparently while it is good it just isn’t as good as Forza 3 at the moment which is going to be a shock to all GT fans.

Now the first thing that someone is going to yell is that GT 5’s only 65% complete and therefore this is to be expected.

True, but GT5 has been in development since before Forza 2 which makes it laughable that this comparison is heading Forza 3’s way…

If GT5 loses a head to head comparison on it’s release next year March I think Sony could be forgiven for wanting Polyphony Digital’s head on a platter.

(All taken from: http://www.lazygamer.co.za/xbox-360/forza-3-vs-gran-turismo-5-which-one-is-better)

Last edited by pspvampire on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:25 am

bbbbooooooooooooooooooooo ban urself!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao....im just playin with you.

the only reason i got a ps3 is b/c of gt5. but them fuckers keep holding it back again and again and again. im starting to regret gettin a ps3. by the time gt5 comes out. the ps3 will will have the price dropped to 200$. lol

atleast people that make forza keep delivering us quality games in a timely matter.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 am

those graphics are not the real graphics. my SD screen does better graphics than what they are showing.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 am

dirtyj177 wrote:
bbbbooooooooooooooooooooo ban urself!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao....im just playin with you.

the only reason i got a ps3 is b/c of gt5. but them fuckers keep holding it back again and again and again. im starting to regret gettin a ps3. by the time gt5 comes out. the ps3 will will have the price dropped to 200$. lol

atleast people that make forza keep delivering us quality games in a timely matter.

lol

Ah that's a shame. :S The ps3 does seem to get a lot of delays.
Well when GT5 is out I'm sure you'll feel it's worth it. Wink Plus, you can get God Of War 3!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 am

matrixrory wrote:
those graphics are not the real graphics. my SD screen does better graphics than what they are showing.

Yeah people who discussed it said that the pics aren't right; that they used low quality pics for Forza.
I wouldn't know, I haven't got the demo yet. I will see for myself. Wink
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:15 pm

close enough. but one game is 2009, the other got delayed lol
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:33 pm

pspvampire wrote:
matrixrory wrote:

Yeah people who discussed it said that the pics aren't right; that they used low quality pics for Forza.
I wouldn't know, I haven't got the demo yet. I will see for myself. Wink

come on it looks so bad. i bet N64 could do better.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:43 pm

i agree, GT5 looks better, and ive always know it. But its not a fun game to play.

The fact that they are relaying it:

Roll over for all cars
Full damage model for all cars (it does look better then forza)
Inside/cockpit view for all cars.
New race engine.
New online, with: full voice-chat, lobbys, alot of settings (more or less like forza)

Still its releasing March in Japan... and its almost always atleast a month between the Japanese release and the rest of the world.

Forza is shipping within a month, 23 in Europe and Asia

27 or 28 in North America.

Forza!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:43 pm

i actually thought forza pics looked better...............................................................................................................................................
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:29 pm

i thought this was a joke post because i can clearly see how forza has a far better detailed environment and seems to have a better speed blurring effect.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Forza 3 has so much better track side detail that it makes Prologue look like a PS2 game. GT's cars do look nice, but I like the color of Forza's cars better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
i agree, GT5 looks better, and ive always know it. But its not a fun game to play.

Roll over for all cars
New race engine.
New online, with: full voice-chat, lobbys, alot of settings (more or less like forza)

Still its releasing March in Japan... and its almost always atleast a month between the Japanese release and the rest of the world.

Forza is shipping within a month, 23 in Europe and Asia

27 or 28 in North America.

Forza!!! Smile

LOL! are they actually adding all of that stuff?!
Haha they saw how good Forza 3 looks and they saw competition and are delaying it to copy Forza xD haha
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? Comparison_172-0007-66101684_forza-motorsport-3_168-0027-15773315_gran-turismo-5-prologue_split

Look at the trees in GT5 in comparison with the trees in FM3.
Look at the ground in GT5 in comparison with the ground in FM3.
Look at the "flowers" in GTs in comparison with the flowers in FM3.
Look at the mountains in GT5 in comparison with the mountains in FM3.

Yeah, Fm3 has waaay better level design but gt5 has better car design. Wink
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:44 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Forza 3 has so much better track side detail that it makes Prologue look like a PS2 game. GT's cars do look nice, but I like the color of Forza's cars better.
I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:02 am

Interesting comparison. Forza 3 is going to be legendary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Monashtry
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 am

GT5P for example has Super Mario Brothers skies and cloud graphics.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Forza 3 looks just as good as GT5 graphically, and Forza 3 has much more detailed physics (down to tire pressure around turns) and detailed crashing, AND Forza 3 has rollovers:)
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
Forza 3 looks just as good as GT5 graphically, and Forza 3 has much more detailed physics (down to tire pressure around turns) and detailed crashing, AND Forza 3 has rollovers:)

Just as good? Well car wise, not quite but level design, it owns gt.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Ive played the demo.The grpahics of forza 3 are awesome
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 4:48 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

Haha, no it doesn't. Forza 3 excels in every category. Even the guy who played it at TGS said so, that was the general impression anyway from people that played both. And that came from a GTFan.
Quote :

Roll over for all cars
New race engine.
Forza 3 has far superior damage modeling, and by saying GT5 damage modeling looks better then forza 3's is laughable. And, people laughed at the damage modeling at Gamescon, and TGS. It's a complete joke. My friend who went to Gamescon told me so.

Zombl337 wrote:

Actually it looks better, overall. Where it counts anyway.

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

GT5 cars are too shiny, and they use too much bloom lighting. The forza 3 car models look more natural too me, I just like the artstyle more, too. But, I agree with the rest of your post. The destructoid comparison was dead on and even he admitted he was a GT fan, and he gave all the credit to Forza 3, in every category.

Generally speaking, the most funny thing I find is Forza3 took 2.5 years to make, and excels in majority of the categories, and can compete plus beat GT5 which has been in development for ages. Forza 3 has it all, gameplay and gorgeous graphics. Polyphony can learn a few things about shortening long term dev cycles from Turn10. Forza 3 is bringing the heat. What's even funnier is that now people are comparing GT5:Prologue to Forza 3 when GT5:Prologue doesn't even have elaborate physics at all. Seriously, they're just grasping at straws. Are GT Fans really that butt hurt? Practically everyone even says GT5: Prologue looks better then GT5 itself. Laughing And Forza 3 is just bringing it to another level.

Another game that can even compete is Need for Speed Shift and Dirt 2. Oh totally off-topic. But the first review for Forza 3 came out. It got 95% from OXM france.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Turn 10 even built a new graphics engine for Forza 3 and is still completed before GT5.
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23917
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Turn 10 even built a new graphics engine for Forza 3 and is still completed before GT5.
Wow, that even further proves my point. Ownage indeed. Turn10 owns, 2 AAA games out before 1AAA game. They should call GT5 HalfaDecade Turismo 5! Lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:58 pm

C_Panda wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Wow, that even further proves my point. Ownage indeed. Turn10 owns, 2 AAA games out before 1AAA game. They should call GT5 HalfaDecade Turismo 5! Lol

lol or Gran Turismo 5years lol
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:28 pm

pspvampire wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

lol or Gran Turismo 5years lol

Both will do.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 pm

lol theyre prolly aready working on forza 4 lol! fm3 might be the game that finally gets me into racing
games well really into them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: