This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?

Go down 
+10
Monashtry
Master_Chief
343_Guilty_Spark
cannibalshinobi
arnt god of war
Blixtstorm
GeneralMLD
handkerchief
J77
DemonWolf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:37 pm

arntson wrote:
lol theyre prolly aready working on forza 4 lol! fm3 might be the game that finally gets me into racing
games well really into them
Forza 4 will be out before GT6 thats for sure. Hell, rumour has it that Turn10 is working on a Rallysport Challenge for 360.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:10 pm

C_Panda wrote:
arntson wrote:
lol theyre prolly aready working on forza 4 lol! fm3 might be the game that finally gets me into racing
Forza 4 will be out before GT6 thats for sure. Hell, rumour has it that Turn10 is working on a Rallysport Challenge for 360.
OMG That would be awesome!!! I loved Rallysport Challenge 1 and 2 on original Xbox.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:53 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
arntson wrote:
OMG That would be awesome!!! I loved Rallysport Challenge 1 and 2 on original Xbox.
Me too. It would show turn10s diversity!
Back to top Go down
Caboose2321

Caboose2321

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:13 am

IMO I like forza 3 it looks way better than GT5 plus if PD keeps the same sounds from GT1 in GT5 like they did with GT5P then Forza 3's sounds will be way better than GT5's FM2 has better sounds than GT5P as well. (By sounds I mean the tire sounds when you burnout or drift)
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:51 pm

C_Panda wrote:

God dang it!!!

DICE should make it! I dont thing Turn10 is up for the legacy that DICE put on them if its correct, i hope Microsoft will "rent" DICE to make RC3.

What is swedish should remain Swedish!

I dont want to see another perfect swedish brand get fucked up by americans (sorry for offending you guys)

The thing was about RC and RC2 was that they were genuin, they had real rally in them, not some bullcrap "Dirt2" with X-games...

Americans dont even like rally, there is no rally at all in america (apart from 1 hillclimb a year)

Rallygames should be created by a country that has "rally blood", for example Finland, Scotland, Sweden and other nations in Europe/South America where Rally is big. "Yanks" dont know anything about the sport, why let them make something they just heard of.

I hope for gods sake that Turn10 isnt allowed to make the game made by DICE.

Microsoft, go buy them!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
C_Panda wrote:

God dang it!!!

DICE should make it! I dont thing Turn10 is up for the legacy that DICE put on them if its correct, i hope Microsoft will "rent" DICE to make RC3.

What is swedish should remain Swedish!

I dont want to see another perfect swedish brand get fucked up by americans (sorry for offending you guys)

The thing was about RC and RC2 was that they were genuin, they had real rally in them, not some bullcrap "Dirt2" with X-games...

Americans dont even like rally, there is no rally at all in america (apart from 1 hillclimb a year)

Rallygames should be created by a country that has "rally blood", for example Finland, Scotland, Sweden and other nations in Europe/South America where Rally is big. "Yanks" dont know anything about the sport, why let them make something they just heard of.

I hope for gods sake that Turn10 isnt allowed to make the game made by DICE.

Microsoft, go buy them!

There is no reason that Turn 10 can't make the greatest rally game. They have proven they can make the best driving model so there is no reason they couldn't tune it for rally.

It's just flat out ridiculous to say you can't be American and make a good rally game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:54 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

There is no reason that Turn 10 can't make the greatest rally game. They have proven they can make the best driving model so there is no reason they couldn't tune it for rally.

It's just flat out ridiculous to say you can't be American and make a good rally game.

True, but the driving in RC2 was "kickass" and the cars was more fun to drive then any car game yet on the market (yes, better then Forza 3).

Im just saying that, if you are an employeer that should employ a person that seeks a carpenter.

Now should you give the job to the real carpenter or someone that has heard of carpenting?

Rally is not a big sport in USA, but huge in most European countries, the same goes to Formula 1. Americans dont care about european styled racing. If Turn10 should make another game should be a free-roam racer, or Nascar/Indycart.
Im not saying that they cant make it, but they are not perfect for the job, and i think that this is a "loose" roumor since Turn10 has given the task of "PGR5" since Bizarre Creations stoped making xbox games.

Im still saying that Microsoft should buy DICE, just think of the stuff they make:
The Battlefield Series
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

Im still saying that Microsoft should buy DICE, just think of the stuff they make:
The Battlefield Series
EA Already owns Dice. Secondly to say Turn 10 cant make a Rally racing game because theyre American is just being ignorant.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

The Battlefield Series
EA Already owns Dice. Secondly I'm an American and I love Rally racing. NASCAR has to be the most boring form of racing ever. I never understood why it was big here. I used to watch a show that had Rally racing highlights and I fell in love with it right away. Its very intense and exciting. But believe it or not alot more Americans make fun of NASCAR than you think. If Americans had more exposure to true Rally racing I think it would be very popular. Thats why I laugh when Europeans try to stereotype Americans.

What is rallying?
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Ms owns the IP for Rallysport Challenge,and secondly Dice is owned by Ea. So, MS would have to buy EA to make Rallysport Challenge. Turn10 is more then capable enough to make a great rally game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:28 pm

C_Panda wrote:
Ms owns the IP for Rallysport Challenge,and secondly Dice is owned by Ea. So, MS would have to buy EA to make Rallysport Challenge. Turn10 is more then capable enough to make a great rally game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid.
I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:18 am

I never said that they coundnt make a good rally game, but i think other studios in microsoft arsenal should have a go with it.

Ive seen some big "flops" in the forza series for them being americans, for example:

The Ferrari F40 is probably the best racing car Ferrari ever made, with a fully filled weight of 1100kg (~2200lbs) for the european version, now why would they use the american version of the car? With an empty weight of 1300kg (~2600lbs).
Alot of the cars in the game have wrong structure/developed such as Skyline R32 and many more.

I think Turn10 should focus on FM3 for atleast 2 years before starting a new project.
Dont want them to be like the NFS series?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:19 am

These brownies sure are entertaining. They sound like theyre reading from a Sony PR statement.
http://www.psu.com:80/forums/showthread.php?p=4662759
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
These brownies sure are entertaining. They sound like theyre reading from a Sony PR statement.
http://www.psu.com:80/forums/showthread.php?p=4662759
I don't even want to give that site hits. What is the link about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?   Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 looks better than Forza 3...or does it?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2