This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.

Go down 
+12
dudeoftheages
lVlysTicaL NiT3
C_Panda
Master_Chief
NoXiousBLD
343_Guilty_Spark
toxicavenger778
regxsays
cannibalshinobi
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
GeneralMLD
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. Empty
PostSubject: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:53 pm

Forza 2 claimed the crown in 2007. GT nowehere in sight. Forza 2 wins by default and was AAA to boot

Forza 2 held the crown in 2008. GT5 Prologue was a mere demo and thus couldnt compare to the full game Forza 2.

Forza 3 will now take the crown in 2009 with GT5 delayed into 2010. GT PSP released but didnt meet expectations in reviews. I suspect GT5 devs saw forza 3 and knew they needed more time.

I will make a vid on this soon. Forza took the crown for 3 years now. Amazing. When you make 2 AAA games before the competition releases one, you know your the new king.

Last edited by GeneralMLD on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:55 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Forza 2 claimed the crown in 2007. GT nowehere in sight. Forza 2 wins by default and was AAA to boot

Forza 2 held the crown in 2008. GT5 Prologue was a mere demo and thus couldnt compare to the full game Forza 2.

Forza 3 will now take the crown in 2009 with GT5 delayed into 2010. GT PSP released but FLOPPED in reviews. I suspect GT5 devs saw forza 3 and knew they needed more time.

I will make a vid on this soon. Forza took the crown for 3 years now. Amazing. When you make 2 AAA games before the competition releases one, you know your the new king.

cool cool
but GT PSP didn't flop. It just didn't have an online mode. It still had the same gameplay as any GT game and 800 cars and 60 variations of tracks is impressive for a handheld!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:58 pm

oh sorry I forgot ur into the PSP.

in all truth it is a great entry but sites like IGN gave it a 6.8. That blew me away personally.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:05 pm

Not if you count just sales... because GT3 (almsot 15m copies) and GT4 (almost 11m copies).

Graficly yes, but not Forza 3, since GT5 is nicer looking. Ive seen some new photos from TGS and they look amazing.

Forza 1: 1m
Forza 2: 4,0m

Gran Turismo 5: Prolouge 3,13m (for a $60 demo)

Yes forza will win 2009 but the fan base of the GT series is alot bigger then forza community.
For me is GT5 the only reason to play on the PS3....

Forza is probably the best racing game ive ever played. And the demo is great, with just a few flaws.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:09 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
oh sorry I forgot ur into the PSP.

in all truth it is a great entry but sites like IGN gave it a 6.8. That blew me away personally.

lol no dont worry about it xD Feel free to bash/criticise it. lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:13 pm

oh actually I suppose GT was a bit of a flop, I just remembered it doesnt have a proper campaign mode thing! lol
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

Gran Turismo 5: Prolouge 3,13m (for a $60 demo)

actually it was only $40.

when looking at how many the GT series sold would impress anybody until you look at how large the PS2 user base was that could have bought the game. the GT, at least on the PS2, only had a 1 out of 10 attach rate. that's not very good at all. I expect a maximum of maybe 6-7 million copies sold, and that's being generous.
Back to top Go down
regxsays

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:13 am

GT lol poor mans forza
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:32 am

regxsays wrote:
forza lol poor mans gt

Why do you guys even bother trying?
You did a bit better than some of the others though managing to get in 1 Thread and 8 posts
Bye Bye
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

2 AAA forza games out before 1 AAA GT game

GT fails hard.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 4:42 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

GT fails hard.

Even if GT5 ends up with slightly better car models and more cars overall I say it doesn't matter.

Forza 3's tracks completely pwn everything GT5 has. More track side detail, better looking, more fun.

As for the number of cars, GT5 is suposed to have something like 950 cars compared to Forza 3's 400 or more. Well, I know I'm never going to even use all of Forza 3's. The vast majority of GT5's cars are crap while the vast majority of Forza 3's are hand picked by car lovers. GT's philosophy was always "drive the car you own", Forza's was always "drive the car you wish you could own". That's why you see so many crappy little Honda Civics in GT while Forza doesn't bother with anything but the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
NoXiousBLD
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
NoXiousBLD

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 5:37 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

Graficly yes, but not Forza 3, since GT5 is nicer looking. Ive seen some new photos from TGS and they look amazing.

LOL, not according to what people played at TGS. Forza 3 wins. And you're probably referring to the photo mode GT5 pics which they add tons of post processing effects, and all these other filters on. The game won't look anything like that during gameplay, obviously. Not even close. Look at GT PSP for the latest example. The only thing Forza 3 adds when you take pictures is just a bit more AA, thats it. Nothing more, and it doesn't need all that make up like GT5 does because forza 3 looks gorgeous as it is. :p

GeneralMLD wrote:

GT fails hard.

True. Haha.

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

GT fails hard.

Even if GT5 ends up with slightly better car models and more cars overall I say it doesn't matter.

Forza 3's tracks completely pwn everything GT5 has. More track side detail, better looking, more fun.

As for the number of cars, GT5 is suposed to have something like 950 cars compared to Forza 3's 400 or more. Well, I know I'm never going to even use all of Forza 3's. The vast majority of GT5's cars are crap while the vast majority of Forza 3's are hand picked by car lovers. GT's philosophy was always "drive the car you own", Forza's was always "drive the car you wish you could own". That's why you see so many crappy little Honda Civics in GT while Forza doesn't bother with anything but the best.
Well said.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:02 am

PD Wimped out when they saw Forza 3 so they delayed GT5 again so they could polish it and add damage modeling to all the cars which Forza 3 already had. GT5 is taking half a decade to make. What a joke.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
PD Wimped out when they saw Forza 3 so they delayed GT5 again so they could polish it and add damage modeling to all the cars which Forza 3 already had. GT5 is taking half a decade to make. What a joke.
lol. Agreed. They were even at the forza 3 booth at e3 taking notes down. They can't come up with their own ideas. They must be scared. Wink
Back to top Go down
lVlysTicaL NiT3
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
lVlysTicaL NiT3

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Oh yeah Forza 3 will be so good that GT5 reviews will probably suffer because after critics get their hands on Forza 3 they're expectations will be set much higher. I don't know if PolyPHONY Digital can live up to the half a decade hype.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 pm

lVlysTicaL NiT3 wrote:
Oh yeah Forza 3 will be so good that GT5 reviews will probably suffer because after critics get their hands on Forza 3 they're expectations will be set much higher. I don't know if PolyPHONY Digital can live up to the half a decade hype.
Come October 8th the Sony/gt fans will be more butthurt then they already are. That's when all the reviews come out. And, we know forza 3 will get stellar reviews, and that will drive them nuts. Heck, it already got 95% from OXM France.
Back to top Go down
dudeoftheages
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
dudeoftheages

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:53 am

Forza 3 is going to get crazy high review scores. Nobody can argue that. PS3 fans are going to cry out with the pain of epic butt-hurt over it and call any website or magazine bias.

Forza 3 is going to set the bar so high that when GT5 finally comes out the only good thing reviewers will be able to say is that it has a lot of cars. Mostly doubles and triples, but still a lot of cars. Mostly cars nobody wants to drive, but still a lot of cars.

Forza 3 raising of the bar will cause reviewers to give GT5 lower scores than the Brownies will be able to live with and it will result in heads exploding and mass suicide.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:19 am

dudeoftheages wrote:
Forza 3 is going to get crazy high review scores. Nobody can argue that. PS3 fans are going to cry out with the pain of epic butt-hurt over it and call any website or magazine bias..
Just like they did when Halo ODST got awesome reviews.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:52 am

dudeoftheages wrote:
Forza 3 is going to get crazy high review scores. Nobody can argue that. PS3 fans are going to cry out with the pain of epic butt-hurt over it and call any website or magazine bias.

Forza 3 is going to set the bar so high that when GT5 finally comes out the only good thing reviewers will be able to say is that it has a lot of cars. Mostly doubles and triples, but still a lot of cars. Mostly cars nobody wants to drive, but still a lot of cars.

Forza 3 raising of the bar will cause reviewers to give GT5 lower scores than the Brownies will be able to live with and it will result in heads exploding and mass suicide.
Lol wow. Well said! Oh just like Master Chief said, they will cry hard! Just like when ODST got great reviews.
Back to top Go down
Anjunabeats

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Quoting Che Chou, the community manager of Turn 10.

“The cars do have higher detail in photo mode anyway,did not mean to mislead or 'play dumb' with earlier statements.Can it look better?Yes,totally and I agree it is not perfect.The demo is visually representative of the full-game so racing in-game won't look much different"

Polyphony Digital are perfectionists,they have sold over 53million games & are only getting stronger.A real gamer,even from the xbox side would see this & keep their mouth shut & that's something Turn10 needs to learn too, if they want to compete with GT.
Talk is cheap so PD lets their games do the talking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.   Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009. Empty

Back to top Go down

Its Official: Forza took the SIM crown for 2009.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: