This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Persuade me to get a ds

Go down 
+9
andes755
Arbiteris
lightlamp
joe11
Kendo
Invincible
Pein
ghost23
DemonWolf
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Persuade me to get a ds Empty
PostSubject: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Well firstly I want to confirm that no matter what, I will always be certain that psp is the best gaming system of the 3 handhelds. But despite the many shortcomings of ds in gameplay I've decided that later this year or early next year that I may get one just for those few interesting games, dementium, pokemon.

But two games aren't enough reason to buy a system so I was wondering If you guys would be so nice as to list or even provide pics of ds games that aren't top down (or isometric) or a sidescroller, are 3d, not arcady and preferably free roam... If ds has any decent free roam games.

All info is appreciated Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Screw handhelds man, spend that money on XBOX 360 games like Halo Reach or Alan Wake, you will get a much better experience.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:45 am

DONT FALL DOWN FROM THE BLACK MAGIC OF THE DS FANBOYS..YOUR A PSP FANBOY TILL DEATH AND YOUR A TRAITOR IF YOU DO THAT..SO DOOONT!!! GET SOME PSP GAMES AND SLAP YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING HYPNOTIZED!!
lol jk.but anyway if you want get the psp,i dont know much ds games so yeah hehe..
but if you want a ds,get it
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Dementium sucked, dude. If you do get a DS, skip that one. China Town Wars was also pretty shitty despite all the positive reviews it got IMO. Some of my favorite DS games are...

Mario Kart DS
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
New Super Mario Bros
Club House Games
Kirby Canvas Curse
Space Invaders Extreme
Scribblenauts
Bowser's Inside Story
Tetris DS
Metroid Prime Hunters
Star Fox Command

You can't go wrong with any of those. I also suggest getting a DS lite so you can play GBA games.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Get a DSi. Better web browser (still not up to par with computer web browsers, but is better than the PSP's), Nintendo games, DSiWare, a camera (two in fact but might not be the best cameras). Not to mention there is much more you can do with a DSi, to keep you entertained. Now excuse me one moment.

Persuade me to get a ds Zelda-ph

Persuade me to get a ds Zelda_Spirit_Tracks

Persuade me to get a ds New-super-mario-bros-giveaway

Persuade me to get a ds Mario-kart-ds

Persuade me to get a ds Pokemon_logo

Persuade me to get a ds 200full-super-mario-64-nintendo-ds

Persuade me to get a ds 0105

Persuade me to get a ds Dscastleportrait.standard

Persuade me to get a ds 6jjzw8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Invincible wrote:
Dementium sucked, dude. If you do get a DS, skip that one. China Town Wars was also pretty shitty despite all the positive reviews it got IMO. Some of my favorite DS games are...

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Club House Games
Kirby Canvas Curse
Space Invaders Extreme
Scribblenauts
Bowser's Inside Story
Tetris DS
Metroid Prime Hunters
Star Fox Command

You can't go wrong with any of those. I also suggest getting a DS lite so you can play GBA games.
from all those games,only star fox command seems interesting for me..but come on TETRIS DS??? WTF!!
anyway most of them are zelda,metroid and mario,im not interested in those repetitive franchises so only starfox command looks like the only reason i might get a ds
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:23 pm

u have the biggest and best handheld game liberty and is more innovated
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Persuade me to get a ds Ds-it-prints-money490
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:29 pm

because it owns your PSP
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:06 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Club House Games
Kirby Canvas Curse
Space Invaders Extreme
Scribblenauts
Bowser's Inside Story
Tetris DS
Metroid Prime Hunters
Star Fox Command

from all those games,only star fox command seems interesting for me..but come on TETRIS DS??? WTF!!
anyway most of them are zelda,metroid and mario,im not interested in those repetitive franchises so only starfox command looks like the only reason i might get a ds

Who doesn't like Tetris? The DS version has a ton of different modes that are really cool.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:45 pm

HellJumper wrote:
because it owns your PSP
I cannot disagree with this. But why should you buy a DS (looks over at Walmart's selection of DS games). Huh? HellJumper is right. DS does own PSP.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Kendo wrote:
Get a DSi. Better web browser (still not up to par with computer web browsers, but is better than the PSP's), Nintendo games, DSiWare, a camera (two in fact but might not be the best cameras). Not to mention there is much more you can do with a DSi, to keep you entertained. Now excuse me one moment.

Persuade me to get a ds Zelda-ph

Persuade me to get a ds Zelda_Spirit_Tracks

Persuade me to get a ds New-super-mario-bros-giveaway

Persuade me to get a ds Mario-kart-ds

Persuade me to get a ds Pokemon_logo

Persuade me to get a ds 200full-super-mario-64-nintendo-ds

Persuade me to get a ds 0105

Persuade me to get a ds Dscastleportrait.standard

Persuade me to get a ds 6jjzw8

Ok now this is a joke.

I specifically said NO top down or side scrollers!!!
Mariokart, I've already got (my brother's got it).

So you've recommended me no game that I could ever want (except pokemon which I already said I wanted to get anyway)

Oh and the psp has a superior web browser (it's waaayy more compatible as well as faster). Don't know where you got the idea the ds's is better from....
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:06 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Persuade me to get a ds Ds-it-prints-money490

Wow! Definately getting one now.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Invincible wrote:

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Club House Games
Kirby Canvas Curse
Space Invaders Extreme
Scribblenauts
Bowser's Inside Story
Tetris DS
Metroid Prime Hunters
Star Fox Command

Hmmm, Metroid's alright but apart from that those are mainly arcade games, top down games or side scrollers. :/
I mean, thanks for the help but....I can get superior games than them on psp..... doesn't ds have any more 3D games that are... you know, good? I mean like Dementium!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:09 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DONT FALL DOWN FROM THE BLACK MAGIC OF THE DS FANBOYS..YOUR A PSP FANBOY TILL DEATH AND YOUR A TRAITOR IF YOU DO THAT..SO DOOONT!!! GET SOME PSP GAMES AND SLAP YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING HYPNOTIZED!!
lol jk.but anyway if you want get the psp,i dont know much ds games so yeah hehe..
but if you want a ds,get it

Very Happy psp will always be better. I'm doing this partly to play some games that are hyped so much to see for myself if they're really that good (which I doubt though because i've played a lot of the good ds games on my brother's ds already. Even he thinks they're shit).

And also so I could have a less bias view when doing console war stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Kendo wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
because it owns your PSP
I cannot disagree with this. But why should you buy a DS (looks over at Walmart's selection of DS games). Huh? HellJumper is right. DS does own PSP.

Hahaha coming from someone with a pspgo and like 2 games XD
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:23 pm

DDD R SAYING some IGNORANT STAeMENTS
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:47 pm

hacked PSP > DS

that is all
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:35 pm

It sounds like you really dont want one. So dont waist your money if you wont end up playing it.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 am

demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
because it owns your PSP

4 games. Two are demos, two are PSOne classics. But still there is not too many games worth getting on PSP that you cannot get on other systems. Thats why its called the Portstation Portable. Though I will get more PSP games. But dude get a DSi, I recommend it. They are cool as cool can be!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 pm

Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
because it owns your PSP

4 games. Two are demos, two are PSOne classics. But still there is not too many games worth getting on PSP that you cannot get on other systems. Thats why its called the Portstation Portable. Though I will get more PSP games. But dude get a DSi, I recommend it. They are cool as cool can be!

ROFLMFAO!

Ok dude... you have ZERO games.

That's hilarious.

No wonder you think ds is better.

Bro, if I owned just 2 regular xbox games & 2 demos on 360 I would think ps3 is better.

Play the two (well 3 if you include that shitty ds port) GTA games, play the 2 Syphon Filter games, play Resistance Retribution, play Motorstorm Arctic Edge, play the Socom games, play any single A game and AA game on psp and it's guaranteed that any one of them can pwn any AAA ds game.
I mean come on, you've not got ANY playstation portable games. Therefore you have zero credibility. I on the other hand have played my brother's ds and borrowed it for quite a while (he never plays it). I've played about 30 ds games in real life and about 20 on an emulator on my computer. I know what the psp's up against. (I've also played approx 400 psp games so I know how kickass it's library is. There are some hidden gems on that system).
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 pm

lol that was very hypocritical of you, u said that 2 games isnt enough for me to go buy a ds while in another thread you told Bonzian to get the psp just cause of mgs! And just wait till 3ds it will pwn psp in any way! lol just cause you dont like scroll sliders you use that to make it sound better than the ds while its just based on your personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:22 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Kendo wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
because it owns your PSP

ROFLMFAO!

Ok dude... you have ZERO games.

That's hilarious.

No wonder you think ds is better.

Bro, if I owned just 2 regular xbox games & 2 demos on 360 I would think ps3 is better.

Play the two (well 3 if you include that shitty ds port) GTA games, play the 2 Syphon Filter games, play Resistance Retribution, play Motorstorm Arctic Edge, play the Socom games, play any single A game and AA game on psp and it's guaranteed that any one of them can pwn any AAA ds game.
I mean come on, you've not got ANY playstation portable games. Therefore you have zero credibility. I on the other hand have played my brother's ds and borrowed it for quite a while (he never plays it). I've played about 30 ds games in real life and about 20 on an emulator on my computer. I know what the psp's up against. (I've also played approx 400 psp games so I know how kickass it's library is. There are some hidden gems on that system).
"I mean come on, you've not got ANY playstation portable games.", this does not mean I have not played any of the games. I played Resistance on PSP, I hated it. Simple as that. Mostly what I see are ports and remakes (which are not bad because I like remakes but still).

"Therefore you have zero credibility." so let me guess your logic, if someone does not own something that means they cannot say something about it. That is like saying MLD has no credibility when it comes to the PS3. I know what PSP has out and upcoming, so basically I am aware of most of the games. But not all of them appeal to me.

"I on the other hand have played my brother's ds and borrowed it for quite a while (he never plays it).", that happened to me because I had a DS Lite (my DS Lite broke, but DSi is superior obviously) there is more stuff to do on PSP (going on downloading demos and games, not browsing the web on that browser which is... ugh), if I had a DSi I would be using it a lot.

"Play the two (well 3 if you include that shitty ds port) GTA games, play the 2 Syphon Filter games, play Resistance Retribution, play Motorstorm Arctic Edge, play the Socom games" Shitty DS port eh? Not really. Chinatown Wars rocks (though LCS and VCS are very fun). Btw havent I already played the 2 GTAs on PSP. Last time I checked I have. Hell I have even played the "PS2 versions". Um... I have already played Resistance: Retribution, to be honest it sucked. I hated it. I deleted it after a few minutes of playing it.

"play any single A game and AA game on psp and it's guaranteed that any one of them can pwn any AAA ds game.", do I need to explain how this does not make sense. Your talking about A and AA games beating a bunch of AAA games on DS... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Bluenose wrote:
lol that was very hypocritical of you, u said that 2 games isnt enough for me to go buy a ds while in another thread you told Bonzian to get the psp just cause of mgs! And just wait till 3ds it will pwn psp in any way! lol just cause you dont like scroll sliders you use that to make it sound better than the ds while its just based on your personal preference.
QFT!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Bluenose wrote:

Haha reread what I wrote to bonZian. I said he should check out the other games
too! Also I recommended an actual current gen standard psp game. Not 2 mediocre titles
from a last gen system!! And do you know why I use side scrollers as a way to make ds look bad? Because it DOES look bad. I like playing Full blown titles on consoles. Why should I compromise for handheld gaming if I don't have to??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds Empty

Back to top Go down

Persuade me to get a ds
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Handhelds-
Jump to: