This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Persuade me to get a ds

Go down 
+9
andes755
Arbiteris
lightlamp
joe11
Kendo
Invincible
Pein
ghost23
DemonWolf
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:06 pm

jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
lol that was very hypocritical of you, u said that 2 games isnt enough for me to go buy a ds while in another thread you told Bonzian to get the psp just cause of mgs! And just wait till 3ds it will pwn psp in any way! lol just cause you dont like scroll sliders you use that to make it sound better than the ds while its just based on your personal preference.

Haha reread what I wrote to bonZian. I said he should check out the other games
too! Also I recommended an actual current gen standard psp game. Not 2 mediocre titles
from a last gen system!! And do you know why I use side scrollers as a way to make ds look bad? Because it DOES look bad. I like playing Full blown titles on consoles. Why should I compromise for handheld gaming if I don't have to??
You don't call gaming with one analog nub a compromise?

lol its more of a learning curve than a hindrance.
Says the PSP fanboy. Why is it that anything the DS does is a hindrance and for the PSP it's a learning curve?

Because there's a difference between Gameplay & Control.
The issues about ds imo is the gameplay. If a game has bad gameplay it's not really worth playing. Whereas controls aren't really the most important aspect to a gaming system. Games are more pivotal. If a game's good but the controls are bad, most likely you will just try to get used to the controls to play the game.

If you don't know what I mean by the ds's gameplay being bad, well here's what I mean.
I'm going to get a ds later this year and so today I spent a few hours looking through all of the ds's library and all I saw were hundreds of games that are IDENTICLE with the only difference being the sprites & the design location. The gameplay's IDENTICLE! Top down or side scroller with virtually no variation.

I found a total of 16 games that interested me. Only a few were 3D and the majority of them got ratings less than single A.

There isn't a lot of option for gamers like me. Ds is a good system but how can a person who almost always requires a 3D game, prefer it over any other handheld?

But anyway, these are the games that interest me:
Animal Crossing
MySims
COD MWM
Hotel Giant 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Theme Park ds
Toy Shop Tycoon
Dawn Of Heroes
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
Zoo Tycoon
Dragon's Quest IX
Touch The Dead
Broken Sword Shadow Templars
Club Penguin?
Line Rider
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
lol that was very hypocritical of you, u said that 2 games isnt enough for me to go buy a ds while in another thread you told Bonzian to get the psp just cause of mgs! And just wait till 3ds it will pwn psp in any way! lol just cause you dont like scroll sliders you use that to make it sound better than the ds while its just based on your personal preference.

too! Also I recommended an actual current gen standard psp game. Not 2 mediocre titles
from a last gen system!! And do you know why I use side scrollers as a way to make ds look bad? Because it DOES look bad. I like playing Full blown titles on consoles. Why should I compromise for handheld gaming if I don't have to??

Says the PSP fanboy. Why is it that anything the DS does is a hindrance and for the PSP it's a learning curve?

The issues about ds imo is the gameplay. If a game has bad gameplay it's not really worth playing. Whereas controls aren't really the most important aspect to a gaming system. Games are more pivotal. If a game's good but the controls are bad, most likely you will just try to get used to the controls to play the game.

If you don't know what I mean by the ds's gameplay being bad, well here's what I mean.
I'm going to get a ds later this year and so today I spent a few hours looking through all of the ds's library and all I saw were hundreds of games that are IDENTICLE with the only difference being the sprites & the design location. The gameplay's IDENTICLE! Top down or side scroller with virtually no variation.

I found a total of 16 games that interested me. Only a few were 3D and the majority of them got ratings less than single A.

There isn't a lot of option for gamers like me. Ds is a good system but how can a person who almost always requires a 3D game, prefer it over any other handheld?

Animal Crossing
MySims
COD MWM
Hotel Giant 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Theme Park ds
Toy Shop Tycoon
Dawn Of Heroes
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
Zoo Tycoon
Dragon's Quest IX
Touch The Dead
Club Penguin?
Line Rider
I'd like to see examples of DS games that are all similar, other than those of the same series. You can find a lot of diversity on the DS. Maybe you only like 3D, that's fine, but you're the one missing out. Games like Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box are fantastic games, and are not hindered by a bad control layout, much like most PSP games are.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:40 am

jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Animal Crossing
MySims
COD MWM
Hotel Giant 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Theme Park ds
Toy Shop Tycoon
Dawn Of Heroes
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
Zoo Tycoon
Dragon's Quest IX
Touch The Dead
Club Penguin?
Line Rider
I'd like to see examples of DS games that are all similar, other than those of the same series. You can find a lot of diversity on the DS. Maybe you only like 3D, that's fine, but you're the one missing out. Games like Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box are fantastic games, and are not hindered by a bad control layout, much like most PSP games are.

Euuurghh I honestly don't consider Clash Of Heroes as a Heroes Of Might & Magic game. Why can't ds get a real HOMM game?! They've ruined the awesome strategy sort of formula. And it's still a sort of top downish game (and with a gay anime style).
Professor Layton....it's well, let's just say you would never see me play a game like that on a home console.
And what games on psp are hindered by a bad control layout? I even said to you that controls don't matter. Gameplay is a more important aspect!
Back to top Go down
jaykay
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:52 am

demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Animal Crossing
MySims
COD MWM
Hotel Giant 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Theme Park ds
Toy Shop Tycoon
Dawn Of Heroes
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
Zoo Tycoon
Dragon's Quest IX
Touch The Dead
Club Penguin?
Line Rider

Euuurghh I honestly don't consider Clash Of Heroes as a Heroes Of Might & Magic game. Why can't ds get a real HOMM game?! They've ruined the awesome strategy sort of formula. And it's still a sort of top downish game (and with a gay anime style).
Professor Layton....it's well, let's just say you would never see me play a game like that on a home console.
And what games on psp are hindered by a bad control layout? I even said to you that controls don't matter. Gameplay is a more important aspect!
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, and PSP ports of most multiplatform games suffer from the PSP's control, mainly its one analog nub. I know quite a few PSP games that suffer from a bad camera.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:07 am

jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Animal Crossing
MySims
COD MWM
Hotel Giant 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Theme Park ds
Toy Shop Tycoon
Dawn Of Heroes
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
Zoo Tycoon
Dragon's Quest IX
Touch The Dead
Club Penguin?
Line Rider

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, and PSP ports of most multiplatform games suffer from the PSP's control, mainly its one analog nub. I know quite a few PSP games that suffer from a bad camera.

Bloodlines, the only issue was camera but I don't see what's wrong. On games like that I usually only turn the camera around when I'm standing still anyway and in ACB that's pretty much the only time you need to anyway. When you're at a high point looking around is pretty much it.
At least the gameplay's virtually intact from the first game.
As for Jak N Facter, I never experienced an issue with the camera. What's wrong with it?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:32 pm

demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Animal Crossing
MySims
COD MWM
Hotel Giant 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Theme Park ds
Toy Shop Tycoon
Dawn Of Heroes
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
Zoo Tycoon
Dragon's Quest IX
Touch The Dead
Club Penguin?
Line Rider

Bloodlines, the only issue was camera but I don't see what's wrong. On games like that I usually only turn the camera around when I'm standing still anyway and in ACB that's pretty much the only time you need to anyway. When you're at a high point looking around is pretty much it.
As for Jak N Facter, I never experienced an issue with the camera. What's wrong with it?
It suffers from a very bad camera because it doesnt have 2 anaolog sticks
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 am

Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Animal Crossing
MySims
COD MWM
Hotel Giant 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Theme Park ds
Toy Shop Tycoon
Dawn Of Heroes
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
Zoo Tycoon
Dragon's Quest IX
Touch The Dead
Club Penguin?
Line Rider

No game on psp has 2 analog sticks. I want to know why J&D suffered in particular.

And ds hasn't even got one lmao
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:20 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
jaykay wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:

Animal Crossing
MySims
COD MWM
Hotel Giant 2
Pokemon SoulSilver
Theme Park ds
Toy Shop Tycoon
Dawn Of Heroes
The Sims 2
Hotel Dusk
Zoo Tycoon
Dragon's Quest IX
Touch The Dead
Club Penguin?
Line Rider

No game on psp has 2 analog sticks. I want to know why J&D suffered in particular.

And ds hasn't even got one lmao
Thats cause the games we make for it dont necessarily need one um i think its because everyone was used to j&d on the ps2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persuade me to get a ds   Persuade me to get a ds - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Persuade me to get a ds
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Handhelds-
Jump to: