This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 Failure YLOD

Go down 
+5
Optimus Lime
nalin41
Invincible
DemonWolf
midgetshotgunner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
midgetshotgunner
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
midgetshotgunner

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm

I was the biggest PS3 Fanboy until my 3rd YLOD and Elpresadorknocked some sense into me and today we shall discover the true secret behind the PS3's failure rate.

I've Had 5 PS3's and my 4th one recently broke to YLOD again. I got my PS3 on the launch week so ive had it for like 3 years or something.
Anyways first time it broke of YLOD
Second time due to Blu-Ray fucking up
Third time YLOD
Fourth time YLOD

im sick of people saying that the PS3 is better bcuz the PS3 has such an amazing failure rate whilst the 360 is like 33% or something.

My 360 that i bough on January 2009 hasnt broken once.
My first PS3 that i bought in Launch Week(dont remember date sorry) died long ago and i've had 4 more PS3's after that and another 3 of those died.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah I believe that the failure rate of ps3 is higher than 360's now. I've had my 360 for over a year and I've never had a problem with it whereas a lot of people who bought ps3s around the same time as me have had theirs break.
I'm sure Sony's somehow hiding the real statistics of ps3's failure rate....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:33 pm

I know a few people, including myself, who's PS3s stopped reading discs. That's a fairly common problem for older fat models. But I've never seen a YLOD outside youtube.
Back to top Go down
nalin41
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 6:35 pm

got my ps3 on launch. no YLOD but sometimes it freezes which is rare but it can get quiet annoying.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:47 pm

My 360 has had E74 and RROD once. My ps3 has had YLOD once. I'm very unlucky Sad
Back to top Go down
Salarian4Life
Seaman Recruit
Salarian4Life

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:19 pm

LMAO, the YLOD is way worse than the RROD
Back to top Go down

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Invincible wrote:
I know a few people, including myself, who's PS3s stopped reading discs. That's a fairly common problem for older fat models. But I've never seen a YLOD outside youtube.

I thought I had that, because it happened with my MGS4 and UC2, it would not for the life of me read them. But I wiped the disc and it worked lol. So idk if that was just a me fail or if people need to just wipe of their discs.

But the PS3 failure rate is lower then the 360's, thats just a fact. The 360 failure rate has gone down a lot, but it is still higher then the PS3's. And the PS3's rate is higher then most think. But out of 30 or so people I know in real life who have had a PS3 for over a year, 1 got YLOD.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:49 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Invincible wrote:

I thought I had that, because it happened with my MGS4 and UC2, it would not for the life of me read them. But I wiped the disc and it worked lol. So idk if that was just a me fail or if people need to just wipe of their discs.

But the PS3 failure rate is lower then the 360's, thats just a fact. The 360 failure rate has gone down a lot, but it is still higher then the PS3's. And the PS3's rate is higher then most think. But out of 30 or so people I know in real life who have had a PS3 for over a year, 1 got YLOD.

Mine stopped reading blu ray discs and some dvds. I wish it were just dirty discs, but I didnt get that lucky. I restored the system and that helped a little bit, but then the HDMI stopped working. lol It must have overheated or something. A month later, the same thing happened to my friend. We both had the 40 gig models.

What really sucked was it was still under warrenty, but because my recept was destroyed, Sony wouldnt fix it for free. So remember, kids, it pays to get the extended warranty at the store.
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:20 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Yeah I believe that the failure rate of ps3 is higher than 360's now. I've had my 360 for over a year and I've never had a problem with it whereas a lot of people who bought ps3s around the same time as me have had theirs break.
I'm sure Sony's somehow hiding the real statistics of ps3's failure rate....

- you guys are serious right?
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Invincible wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Mine stopped reading blu ray discs and some dvds. I wish it were just dirty discs, but I didnt get that lucky. I restored the system and that helped a little bit, but then the HDMI stopped working. lol It must have overheated or something. A month later, the same thing happened to my friend. We both had the 40 gig models.

What really sucked was it was still under warrenty, but because my recept was destroyed, Sony wouldnt fix it for free. So remember, kids, it pays to get the extended warranty at the store.

Yeah, most people with problems I know of had 40GB's. But that really sucks, thats the thing with PS3's, less problems but when there are problems they are serious haha
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:33 pm

I think both consoles have fixed the issues. I havent heard of too many jaspers or slims kicking the bucket. Of course, theyre both fairly new.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:59 am

Are people on this forum really this ignorant? I myself prefer 360 over ps3/wii/ps3. But I'll admit that for the first 3+ years the xbox 360 was the most unreliable piece of hardware ever made.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:58 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
Are people on this forum really this ignorant? I myself prefer 360 over ps3/wii/ps3. But I'll admit that for the first 3+ years the xbox 360 was the most unreliable piece of hardware ever made.

For your information, the OP is a troll who has had 8 previous banned accounts so don't take anything in the Original post seriously.
But anyway, why focus on the past, all the hardware issues are fixed now. I guess PS3 fanboys do like living in the past cause the past was when they weren't in last place.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:27 am

ghost23 wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:

For your information, the OP is a troll who has had 8 previous banned accounts so don't take anything in the Original post seriously.
But anyway, why focus on the past, all the hardware issues are fixed now. I guess PS3 fanboys do like living in the past cause the past was when they weren't in last place.

Okay thanks for telling me, lol.
Back to top Go down
SGT mcglone
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
SGT mcglone

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 pm

telling you what,that your a troll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS3 Failure YLOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Failure YLOD   PS3 Failure YLOD Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 Failure YLOD
Page 1 of 1