This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Splinter Cell Conviction Review

Go down 
+3
ghost23
daveMastaKill
Pein
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Splinter Cell Conviction Review Empty
PostSubject: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:09 am

now i know what people are going to say..OMGZ how did you get it..i wont explain now,since you can go to my youtube page and find out.ill make a video review next week.ok so here we go

THE STORY
the story is bassicly roughly 2 years after double agent and sam has gone rouge from third echelon,but third echelon is now lead by tom reed,a traitor that lambert feared,and sam founds out his daughter death wasn't a accident,soon after he will get help from a woman named anna and from a old friend from the gulf wars named victor,sam calls him vic btw..the story has few twists,there and then and the ending is one of the most kickass endings in history of gaming,im not kidding,i really liked it a lot..some people maybe wont like the story but i liked it and its a big plus for the game,either way the story is solid and the set pieces were terrific done,the biggest problem is probably if you are a new splinter cell fan,if you havent played a splinter cell game,you wont understand anything.and that for some people may be a big flaw

so for the story

Splinter Cell Conviction Review Tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction-20090608060626212-000

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are preety solid and they look realistic.the characters look real and they feel alive,the art style is great..its like a big budget blockbuster movie.it has a gritty look at some places and it looks phenomenal,the way the camera moves when cutscenes start is just freaking awesome and the i dont see a lot of problems in the graphics,just maybe the animations are a bit stiff and some enemies are repeated over and over again,but i dont mind that mostly of the time

so for the graphics

Splinter Cell Conviction Review Tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction-20100316014758222_640w

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay is similar to the last splinter cell games but its redone a lot.it has cover system which works really fine and its great to avoid fire,the guns are good,but mostly you will use a gun with a silencer and it has cool gadgets which i wont spoil,i had a big minus in the last splinter cell games and that was that you can't escape the enemy fast,while in this one,you can do that and its freaking amazing how fast and precise you can escape from the enemy sight,when you escape,a ghostly shadow thingy of sam will appear and that will be when the enemy last saw you and you can flank them and kill them fast,a big improvement is the executions,when you kill or knockout an enemy,you gain a experience and you can kill 3 enemies at once with fast reflexes and its done amazing,to do that you have to tag them and press the Y button and automaticly in less than 10 seconds you will kill 3 enemies and the last kill is done in slow motion.other than those the gameplay is almost the same as the other splinter cell games and its good to see the experience hasn't changed much from the other games

Splinter Cell Conviction Review Tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction-20100316014809174_640w

so for the gameplay
10.0 i dont have any flaws and i really like the splinter cell gameplay

FUN FACTOR
the fun factor is high,yes the game is short,but you will try to play it once more which i will do that after i finish this review and it has coop with a friend which is really fun and extreme and you can kill enemies on your own which is a bit difficult but still fun,i say this game is a must-buy and its one of the best games this year and i suggest everyone should get it.if you dont like splinter cell games at least rent it.but i really say this is a must buy and its a great chapter to sam fisher story which i loved every second of it..

so for the fun factor 9.5

FINAL SCORE:SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION GETS A...

its a must buy and its one of the best 360 exclusives to date
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Nice review kid.
Question (that i will eventually find out when i grab the game eitherway). How's the draw distance of Conviction? I've seen some part of it on the Malta walktrought. It appears that is somehow big. Is it true?
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm not expecting a 360 panoramic of Uncharted 2. But i'm expecting something nice...
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:01 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Nice review kid.
Question (that i will eventually find out when i grab the game eitherway). How's the draw distance of Conviction? I've seen some part of it on the Malta walktrought. It appears that is somehow big. Is it true?
its not really long.if you go far away from the objective,it turns the camera and it has a invisible wall and you can't go,it doesnt have a big draw distance.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:14 am

I absolutely love this game. The camera angles during Executions are phenomenal and I just can't get enough of the general gameplay. Great review man.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:28 pm

I Havent had a chance to buy it yet but I'm definitley going to.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Well thought out an thorough review. I've played the demo and for someone like me who's never been into the past Splinter Cell games I really want to get my hands on the full game. I just wish it has about twice the length for the single player. I buy games to play by myself and rarely play co-op and online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Just bought it today and played for a couple of hours. I'm loving it so far.
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Master_Chief wrote:

So you've almost finished it?

I ordered mine online... it's coming this week hopefully >_>
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:32 am

Optimus Lime wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Your sad attempt at sarcasm is an epic fail.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Optimus Lime wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Your sad attempt at sarcasm is an epic fail.

I agree....really pathetic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Nice review Andrej. Now that's 2 reviews of this game I've seen done by you Razz

lol very good anyway. Nice work.
Btw I have a question...
how come in none of the gameplay & screens I've seen, Sam Fisher doesn't look like this?
Splinter Cell Conviction Review Tom_cl10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:19 am

demondragondude wrote:
Nice review Andrej. Now that's 2 reviews of this game I've seen done by you Razz

lol very good anyway. Nice work.
Btw I have a question...
how come in none of the gameplay & screens I've seen, Sam Fisher doesn't look like this?
Splinter Cell Conviction Review Tom_cl10

Because that was the old Sam Fisher. Ubisoft had originally created a different Splinter Cell Conviction with that Sam Fisher but they didn't like the direction that Conviction was going to. So they basically scrapped that entire game and restarted all over again. That's why we see a different Sam Fisher in the final game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Review   Splinter Cell Conviction Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Splinter Cell Conviction Review
Page 1 of 1