This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this fair?

Go down 
+6
343_Guilty_Spark
Bluenose
Ozsem
daveMastaKill
Kendo
Pickles
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Okay so there's some ps3 fanboy who's saying that metacritic is flawed and inconsistent. Here's his reason: Metal Gear Solid 4 has 82 reviews and Mass Effect 2 has 96 reviews, the amount of reviews that each game gets affects the total average of the game? It's not fair that MGS 4 has only 82 and Mass Effect 2 only has 96.

Tell me what you think.
Arrow
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:05 pm

It does not matter. Metacritic and every other reviewer is relevant. Try Game Rankings as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:23 pm

I really think that MLB The Show 2010 should have a couple more reviews to drop to AA status. I mean only 29 reviews?
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Pickles wrote:
Okay so there's some ps3 fanboy who's saying that metacritic is flawed and inconsistent. Here's his reason: Metal Gear Solid 4 has 82 reviews and Mass Effect 2 has 96 reviews, the amount of reviews that each game gets affects the total average of the game? It's not fair that MGS 4 has only 82 and Mass Effect 2 only has 96.

Tell me what you think.
Arrow

Lol they didn't say that when metacritic gave Uncharted 2 game of the year. PS3 fanboys are full of denial and hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:03 pm

The fact is Mgs4 is a very conflicting game to like although i think its awesome a group of people might think not its a game to love or hate i beleive
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:20 pm

The fact is that MGS4 isn't as good of a game as Mass Effect 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Well he has got a point but it's debatable. I mean, 82 and 96 is not a big gap at all. Even with more reviews, I doubt that MGS IV would get a rating as high as Mass Effect 2. I think that as long as a game has around 40+ reviews then it doesn't really matter if one has more critic ratings or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:56 pm

I think that when games have more reviews it has more of a chance to get a lower score, so because ME2 has 96 and MGS4 has 82 is an advantage to MGS4. Now days every tom dick and harry can write a review and it gets published on metacritic so it's very rare to see high scores these days because of the troll reviewers.

I think the highest reviewed game on metacritic at the moment is Uncharted 2 @ 105 reviews.

Also I don't think it'd even be worth comparing ME2 to MGS4, they're both good games and suit different tastes. Even though Mass Effect 2 is 96 and MGS4 is 94 I doubt there'd be much difference between the two quality wise - who the hell could tell the difference between 2/100 for a game?
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:06 pm

I think this is a major flaw with Metacritic, which is why they're not my first source of reviews.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:10 pm

Ozsem wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Tell me what you think.
Arrow

Lol they didn't say that when metacritic gave Uncharted 2 game of the year. PS3 fanboys are full of denial and hypocrisy.

I hate when people say that, as if every fanboy is one person and is accountable for all the actions another fanboy has made.

Anyways, on topic: I don't decide whether a game is good or not based on a metascore, I typically use it as a quick-check. I'll then read one review from the top of the list, one from the middle and one from the bottom to hear different opinions.

Last edited by -jaz350z- on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
jaykay
jaykay

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 pm

-jaz350z- wrote:
Ozsem wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Tell me what you think.
Arrow

I hate when people say that, as if every fanboy is one person and is accountable for all the actions another fanboy has made.
I agree. While fanboys do have a general behavior depending on what side they're on, they're not all the same.
Back to top Go down

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 7:24 pm

They take to many reviews on Metacritic. Good reviews and troll reviews, I mean one review on there rated Heavy Rain down because they didn't use umbrellas. I mean come one, everyone isn't gonna like the game but that is a very stupid thing to rate a game down for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this fair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this fair?   Is this fair? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this fair?
Page 1 of 1