This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's so great about PC gaming?

Go down 
+27
Stigma
Pickles
NightFang91
Master Chief
Jamin
Shin_Akuma
theone.
Shoke
NobelSniper
TheGreenRanger
Fauchard
Lt Xplosi
Freemon34'
TheTruthSettingUFree
popjack88
master chief shaymin
iTwoPiece
Pein
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
the RPG guy
ZeInFormer
Stoney
Kendo
Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Mr. Project Natal
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

What's so great about PC gaming? Empty
PostSubject: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:09 am

I heard many people say its their favorite to play games on. Are the graphics even good? I played a online combat game (combat arms) and it lagged me to tears and a painfully slow computer. Buts thats an online game. Don't you have to set something up to play PC games? confused
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 pm

I dont like gaming on PC,it just doesnt feel as good as playing games on a gaming console and a game controller.And keyboard and mouse oesnt even feel like a controller.

The only reason I will game on PC is for RTS
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm

HellJumper wrote:
I dont like gaming on PC,it just doesnt feel as good as playing games on a gaming console and a game controller.And keyboard and mouse oesnt even feel like a controller.

The only reason I will game on PC is for RTS

So when you use the 360 pad on the 360... how different is it compared to using it on the pc?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:06 pm

PC gaming looks pretty cool. I have only played PC a couple times, that was Quake 3 at my grandfather's and the Duke Nukem games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Kendo wrote:
PC gaming looks pretty cool. I have only played PC a couple times, that was Quake 3 at my grandfather's and the Duke Nukem games.

Your Grandad has Quake and Duke Nukem! Maybe he should sign up here. Sounds like more of a gamer than yourself Kendo! lol
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:31 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Kendo wrote:

Your Grandad has Quake and Duke Nukem! Maybe he should sign up here. Sounds like more of a gamer than yourself Kendo! lol
He does not really play games anymore. Hell he doesn't even really goes on the computer. Oh and hey its not my fault, my brother is just selfish.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Kendo wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Kendo wrote:

He does not really play games anymore. Hell he doesn't even really goes on the computer. Oh and hey its not my fault, my brother is just selfish.

I was joking! But he does seem more of a gamer than you! Razz
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Kendo wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Kendo wrote:

QFT!!!

GO KENDO grandad!
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Kendo wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Kendo wrote:

QFT!!!

GO KENDO grandad!
0.o

lol
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:47 pm

If you were a teenager in the 90s, PC games were the way to go and enjoy FPS games. On consoles, it was decent, but PC will offer the true experience. Not only that, it had so much quality games: (Doom, Half-Life, Mechwarrior, System Shock 2, Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc...PC gaming was a monster in the 90s and it's a shame and it fell flat on its face (well to me). The only games I'm really looking forward to the PC is the new Blizzard games and Doom 4.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:22 pm

90% of the time PC gaming is better. less lag,more ubtates (TF2 is 100 times better on the PC),the ability to mod,a less whiny community (*cough*XBL*cough*) better graphics and a few exclusives that in my opinion are AAA (crysis if you dont count the terrible multiplayer)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:34 am

PC gaming is dead and I think the main reason is the cost of gaming on a PC compared to the cost of gaming on the 360. Now that console cycles are lasting longer and longer, if you buy a 360, its a one-off payment and you can play on it for 6-7 years. But i highly doubt that you will still be able to use the same PC hardware for 6-7 years. Not to mention that PC are a lot more expensive.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 am

Most games on PC allow for mods. You can basically do whatever you want with the tools the developer gives you with the game. The possibilities are limitless. And the games are priced lower then most console games. Plus you choose which hardware you want.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:51 am

I dont get why people think PC gaming is dead....

WoW has sold more copies then any console game in history.. (excluding the bundled game from nintendo)

The Sims has sold over 30M copies with all the games (1, 2 and 3)

PC gaming isnt dead, its just something console blokes doesnt understand.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 am

I think we should game on not only consoles but the PC as well. There are some PC versions of games that are better than the console versions (Halo 1 and 2 due to online play), I myself want a gaming PC and hope to get one (360 Elite to get first).
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 am

Kendo wrote:
I think we should game on not only consoles but the PC as well. There are some PC versions of games that are better than the console versions (Halo 1 and 2 due to online play), I myself want a gaming PC and hope to get one (360 Elite to get first).

I have no idea how you are allowed to get all consoles.You even got an elite because you and your brother dont get along with sharing.....

Damn your lucky.Most people get like 1 or 2 console per gen
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 am

HellJumper wrote:
Kendo wrote:

I have no idea how you are allowed to get all consoles.You even got an elite because you and your brother dont get along with sharing.....

The Elite has not come yet (it shall in a week or two I hope). Only console we don't have is a Wii (I once had a Wii but it got stolen). I am not sure why I am allowed either. Beats me. I just like to play games. Well actually the Elite my mom is getting me for free (she won it via email, she once won a free trip to Florida via Email and it was real).
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:47 am

Kendo wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Kendo wrote:

The Elite has not come yet (it shall in a week or two I hope). Only console we don't have is a Wii (I once had a Wii but it got stolen). I am not sure why I am allowed either. Beats me. I just like to play games. Well actually the Elite my mom is getting me for free (she won it via email, she once won a free trip to Florida via Email and it was real).

Make sure she did'nt give her credit card details. Chances are its a scam.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:30 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Kendo wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Kendo wrote:

Make sure she did'nt give her credit card details. Chances are its a scam.
I am sure she did not. She called them and talked to them.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:33 pm

i hate pc games,yes some people still like playing pc games,i respect that,but for me,installing games is stupid and not only that,you have to upgrade your comp probably every year to be more powerful if you want to play a game that needs higher requirements,but anyway i will stick to console gaming and thats that
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:10 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
i hate pc games,yes some people still like playing pc games,i respect that,but for me,installing games is stupid and not only that,you have to upgrade your comp probably every year to be more powerful if you want to play a game that needs higher requirements,but anyway i will stick to console gaming and thats that
I agree. I'm so glad I don't like many of the newer PC games so I don't have to upgrade for steady framerate + higher res graphics. I usually play the old games.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Most games on PC allow for mods. You can basically do whatever you want with the tools the developer gives you with the game. The possibilities are limitless. And the games are priced lower then most console games. Plus you choose which hardware you want.
Mods are so overrated to me. The only mods I play are Doom and Warcraft 3. Other, I tried them, but they feel so unauthentic. Diablo 2 mods were downright horrible. Some games aren't really made for mods like Halo: Ce.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Kendo wrote:
Halo 1's online is great. Too bad the PC version is ridden with lag so it kinda ruin the experience a bit. You're better of playing LAN.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
I dont get why people think PC gaming is dead....

WoW has sold more copies then any console game in history.. (excluding the bundled game from nintendo)

The Sims has sold over 30M copies with all the games (1, 2 and 3)

Here's some facts:
Piracy
Emulation
System Requirements
Not having enough titles to represent to the masses (remember when PC gaming was all about FPS games?). Now, WoW seems to be the only representation
PC gets everything later or last compared to consoles (Batman:AA, Assassin Creed, Bioshock, etc)
Notice how small the PC selection when it comes to games? I remembered back in the 90s, there was so much games to choose. Now, there's only a few.
Sales are inferior compared to consoles (I think FPS games sell better on consoles now because of Halo popularized it)

Also some people have personal opinions like the games don't seem to interest them or a lot of their titles seemed to be "dumbed down" for consoles. Some people will argue Fear 2 is a dumbed down version of FEAR, Bioshock/Bioshock 2 is a dumbed down version of System Shock 2, Wolfenstein is a dumbed down version of Return To Castle Wolfenstein, and the list goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:06 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

i love you.... What's so great about PC gaming? Lol

its true console owners dont understand that to get a good PC that can run most things costs like 500-700 dollars of your smart and build it yourself.

and games can be ALLOT cheaper. i got L4D on the PC for 7.50 on steam during christmas. and stalker for 2 dollars when it usualy is 20
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's so great about PC gaming?   What's so great about PC gaming? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's so great about PC gaming?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next