This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IGN reviews ModNation Racers

Go down 
+4
343_Guilty_Spark
DarkSwarm85
igame
Invincible
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

IGN reviews ModNation Racers Empty
PostSubject: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Closing Comments
It’s a shame that something as seemingly inconsequential as the load times is the main problem with a game as good as ModNation Racers, but I guess that speaks to the overall quality of everything else. The driving is fun, the creating is deep but easy, and the community is going to thrive. Sure, you might have to wait a bit longer than you’d like to get to the racing, but it’s honestly not that bad and this game is worth it.

IGN RATINGS FOR MODNATION RACERS (PS3)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.0 Presentation
The loads are long, but that’s really the only hitch when it comes to presentation. The story drops your character into cutscenes, and it’s a breeze to communicate with others.
9.0 Graphics
The game looks awesome in motion. The fact that your created kart and character can look like they’re from the developer amazes me. Cutscenes could be sharper, though.
8.5 Sound
The career hosts deliver a funny performance. You’ll need to listen for incoming weapons to time your shield usage right. I could’ve gone for more voices for my creations.
9.0 Gameplay
Drifting feels great, the shield is welcome, and I was challenged without being frustrated… too much. Being able to restart lap challenges would’ve been nice, but the online stuff rocks.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
Tokens to find, an online community to conquer, and a nearly endless stream of free content – if you don’t mind the loads, you’ll be playing for a long, long time.

----------------------------

I don't think I'll be selling my copy of Mario Kart anytime soon, but I'm looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:33 am

Nice, i was not even thinking about getting this game but now i have second thoughts, damn the first time i saw little big planet i thought the same thing "that game looks so childish and stupid" but then i played it and man it was full of LOLs. i shuld give this game a change too.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:04 am

I prefer Mario Kart (no flaming)
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:26 am

I have Mario Kart and Sonic All Stars Racing so this would be pointless for me to waste my money on. Besides isn't MS going to release Joyride for free at some point. How many kart racers do we need anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:55 am

I have mario kart so i dont need this game
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:50 am

With all due respect to Mario Kart, I'm getting sick of it. I'm tired of the rubber banding that goes on and being punished for getting to 1st place. If you're in the lead, you get nothing but banana peels and blue turtle shells coming after you. The power ups in ModNation a lot more awesome and the level editor will make the replay value endless. It's the highest rated kart racer this gen so I think it's worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:51 pm

hmm, I've noticed something weird with IGNs rating, shouldn't this be an 88?

80 + 90 + 85 + 90 + 95 = 440/5 = 88?
Back to top Go down
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm getting this, but I wasn't expecting it to get a 9.0. I'v gotten kind of bored of Mario Kart and I needed something new. THIS is that thing. In the first day I'm going to make about 100 different tracks. It just looks so easy!
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Invincible wrote:
With all due respect to Mario Kart, I'm getting sick of it. I'm tired of the rubber banding that goes on and being punished for getting to 1st place. If you're in the lead, you get nothing but banana peels and blue turtle shells coming after you. The power ups in ModNation a lot more awesome and the level editor will make the replay value endless. It's the highest rated kart racer this gen so I think it's worth checking out.

I hate that rubber band effect in racing games. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Likewise. If anything, it should slow the car DOWN.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:10 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
hmm, I've noticed something weird with IGNs rating, shouldn't this be an 88?

80 + 90 + 85 + 90 + 95 = 440/5 = 88?

The final score is not an average.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:45 am

ign did a good review
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGN reviews ModNation Racers   IGN reviews ModNation Racers Empty

Back to top Go down

IGN reviews ModNation Racers
Page 1 of 1