This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alan Wake GT review.

Go down 
+6
Spartan v07
DemonWolf
daveMastaKill
343_Guilty_Spark
Pein
Blixtstorm
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Alan Wake GT review. Empty
PostSubject: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:21 pm

wow thats a dissapointment,i read the ign review and ign gave it 9.0
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:26 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
wow thats a dissapointment,i read the ign review and ign gave it 9.0

The difference between 8,6 and 9,0 inst that much...

And it got decreased from the voice acting and writing in some lines.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:43 pm

and also because it didnt had online..like wtf!!!
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:26 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Yeah, since when does everything have to have multiplayer. I just want a stellar singleplayer game, that's what Alan Wake is and I can't wait to play it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:27 pm

What i don't understand is why they don't give it at least the same score has Heavy Rain, 8.9. I know the difference is smal but yet, they are games that have the same problems. Humpft...
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:35 pm

WHY??!! WHY?!?! WHYYYYY THE HELL!?!!?!?

No I'm not talking about the review score. I'm talking about what the guy said. He said it's linear. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk

GRRRAAAHHH!!!

One of the reasons I wanted it was because they said it was semi-open!!
Chriistt.... >.<

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to wait a bit before getting it. I'm getting Red Dead Redemption first.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:44 pm

demondragondude wrote:

No I'm not talking about the review score. I'm talking about what the guy said. He said it's linear. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk

GRRRAAAHHH!!!

Chriistt.... >.<

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to wait a bit before getting it. I'm getting Red Dead Redemption first.

It's probably linear like bioshock where it is linear but it doesn't feel like it because of the atmosphere and you canstill go to other places and explore without being compromised.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

No I'm not talking about the review score. I'm talking about what the guy said. He said it's linear. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk

GRRRAAAHHH!!!

Chriistt.... >.<

It's probably linear like bioshock where it is linear but it doesn't feel like it because of the atmosphere and you canstill go to other places and explore without being compromised.

Yeah I hope you're right. Sad It's a shame that it's so action-orientated though.... I really was hoping it would be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ULpXhIrem4

Obviously with better graphics XD
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:41 pm

lol im sorry to say but multiplayer is a always better but with an exception of rpgs
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:45 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
lol im sorry to say but multiplayer is a always better but with an exception of rpgs

No it wouldn't make sense with a game like alan wake.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:06 pm

xjosh360s wrote:

Well that's just your preference. I can understand why you'd prefer multiplayer on some games. I feel that way about Halo 3 (not ODST though, that had an awesome campaign).
But nah, I still think single player's a priority. eg: BULLY! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:12 pm

xjosh360s wrote:

That's partially true. I thought Mass Effect 2 would had MP, and i'm kinda disappointed that it hadn't. The potential its all there people. The game is a very solid 3rd person shooter plus all those classes and powers. Give that to someone that can balance things up and Mass Effect could have one of the best MP ever on XBL!!!!!!1!!!

Another good example is Demons Souls

Last edited by daveMastaKill on Wed May 05, 2010 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Alan Wake is a little more tricky. Cuz it ain't Sand-Box style no more it can't pull one like GTAIV. But like every other game there's always potential for MP. For example, if i was one of the devs i would propose the same that the guys from Ubi Montreal did with SC: Conviction. A Co-Op campaign attached to the single-player, either a be prequel or a epilogue.
Back to top Go down
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

Yes it would. CO-OP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:35 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Yeah, since when does everything have to have multiplayer. I just want a stellar singleplayer game, that's what Alan Wake is and I can't wait to play it.

Yeah these non multiplayer games suck. Rolling Eyes

Mass Effect 1 & 2
Shadow Complex
Viva Piniata
God of War 3
Uncharted

i'll just stick to White Knight Chronicles and MAG with their low score multiplayer rofl.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:06 am

Sonji wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

Yes it would. CO-OP!!!!!

No it would ruin the mood of it being a horror game if you play with someone else. The whole point that the game is trying to emphasis is that you are all alone fighting the Taken.
Back to top Go down
Sonji
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:12 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

Yes it would. CO-OP!!!!!

No it would ruin the mood of it being a horror game if you play with someone else. The whole point that the game is trying to emphasis is that you are all alone fighting the Taken.

How would it ruin the mood? You and a friend being scared shitless. Thats ruined? Thats wouldn't be half bad. And your not ALL alone. You have NPC's in the game that help you D=!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:02 pm

i just dont get how can alan wake be open worlded,he is looking for his wife right? and bright falls is huge and you are actually telling me,if i miss a clue or something,i have to travel all the way through the whole map just to get a key to unlock something different thats way further than it should be.im glad its linear and i dont give a fuck what people think if its linear or not,uncharted 2 is linear,splinter cell conviction is linear and they didnt bitch about it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake GT review.   Alan Wake GT review. Empty

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake GT review.
Page 1 of 1