This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"

Go down 
+34
Alan1994
DominicxD
PubertyRocks
Ermac
MastarCheifz
Bubz0rz
Spartan v07
DarK
XboxxBeastXX
Blixtstorm
am203
M3A7L04F
Arbiteris
Stigma
Alice
Stoney
mikenuge
nalin41
Gibbon_Master
Invincible
Master_Chief
Noelol
masterking
Doominator99
gamer22
Blackou7
ghost23
arnt god of war
Madtoker
343_Guilty_Spark
lightlamp
DemonWolf
popjack88
GeneralMLD
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" Empty
PostSubject: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Criteria to be a Halo Killer:

1. Must be a Sony exclusive, or at least a PS3 game not available on a MS console. Halo represents Microsoft, therefore its "killer" must represent the enemy (Sony).

2. Must be a FPS as Halo is traditionally a FPS.

3. Must be AAA on Metacritic (90+). The best Halo fps's are AAA, so its "killer" must do the same.

4. Must sell more then the highest Halo sales (Halo 3 at 11 million). OR, sell more then the latest FPS Halo title (Halo Reach). Can't kill something that is CLEARLY more popular.

5. Must have more players online at any given time. You can't "kill" another game if you don't have gamers coming back playing your MP as much as Halo.

Simple rules. Multiplats are offcourse omitted like COD because while they are more popular then the Halo franchise, it is negated by the fact that they are 360/PS3 and therefore not a flagship franchise for a specific console corporation.

Last edited by GeneralMLD on Tue May 25, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Sony seems to do a good job fulfilling #1 and #2, hell even #3.

But #4 and #5 are continuously met with massive failure Smile
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:59 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Sony seems to do a good job fulfilling #1 and #2, hell even #3.

But #4 and #5 are continuously met with massive failure Smile

agreed
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Haha nice idea, Mld!

Add #6 as well:

Must have a story of the same standard

and #7

Must have the same immense multiplayer

and #8

Must have the same amount of weapons, all unique

and #9

Must be less linear and about as open

and #10

Must have the same amount of vehicles

and #11

Must have either a mode similar to forge or the theatre

PWNAGE!!!

XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:15 pm

It should also have a deep universe one of the reasons why Halo is so successful is because of the amount of stuff for it like books and other merchandise
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Great job MLD. It's simple and yet impossible for Sony to accomplish with their failure of a fanbase. Sony just keeps throwing money at developers and they keep making great games, but their fans don't seem to care about anything but watching blu-rays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:55 pm

true, but i think any game can be a runner up for a halo killer (such as cod and bfbc2) since halo is a game, it should be able to be killable by other games if that makes sense
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Madtoker wrote:
true, but i think any game can be a runner up for a halo killer (such as cod and bfbc2) since halo is a game, it should be able to be killable by other games if that makes sense

You can't compare multiplats with exclusives. Halo has about 40 million consoles to sell on while COD has 70 million consoles and countless PCs.

If Halo was a multiplat it would destroy COD and PS3 fantards would probably buy it more than their exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:02 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

You can't compare multiplats with exclusives. Halo has about 40 million consoles to sell on while COD has 70 million consoles and countless PCs.

If Halo was a multiplat it would destroy COD and PS3 fantards would probably buy it more than their exclusives.
yeh but still.... a human can be a human killer rite?
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:03 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

besides, you can compare games wether their multiplats are not
the only thing affected if its multiplat is the sales

Last edited by Madtoker on Tue May 25, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Madtoker wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

That really isn't the same concept. Games don't physically kill each other, they just outsell each other and garner more or less fans than their competition.

Madtoker wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

besides, you can compare games wether their multiplats are not

Yes you can, but when talking about sales you have to consider their platforms. And when it comes to available buyers COD and Halo are apples and oranges.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:05 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

That really isn't the same concept. Games don't physically kill each other, they just outsell each other and garner more or less fans than their competition.
well what i meant was that one man can be buff but another man can be buffer and just "kill" him out of style.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:23 pm

i think its more like
1. must have more or equal amount of full features features
2. criticly acclaimed
3. fps
4. must be sony exclusive because this is the ps3 vs xbox kind of halo killer
5. must outsell the newest FULL halo game
6. must have an average of more people online than halo
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Madtoker wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

well what i meant was that one man can be buff but another man can be buffer and just "kill" him out of style.
your thinking of another kind of halo killer like gears could be a halo killer but not in the way of ps3 vs. xbox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Wont ever happen in this gen, I can tell ya that right now.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:25 am

Madtoker wrote:

CoD is a joke compared to Halo. It may have a bigger audience but the multiplayer, matchmaking, story, gameplay and graphics cannot compare to Halo.
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:12 am

Haze
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:55 am

Blackou7 wrote:
Haze

Hahahaha!!!

Yeahhhh riiight.

Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:56 am

lmao. That's what it was suppose to be. I've never played it for obvious reasons but i've seen video and it was trying too hard to be a Halo clone.

Yeah, pretty much got my info from that 7th vid..lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:04 am

Blackou7 wrote:
lmao. That's what it was suppose to be. I've never played it for obvious reasons but i've seen video and it was trying too hard to be a Halo clone.

Yeah, pretty much got my info from that 7th vid..lol

Oh okay lol I thought you actually meant "Haze is a halo killer" XD

Yeah, 7th pwnz Razz
Back to top Go down
gamer22

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:57 am

4 and 5 will never happen.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:05 am

you cant accomplish 4 without 5 and 5 will not happen this gen
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:25 pm

i dont play halo so i dont know much about it (i dont like that stly, more of a killzone or cod person) but is halo not dead after reach, with the deal bugie will have no time, and the likely hood that somebudy can make a halo game as good as them is small.

idk maybe microsofe has some plans.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:29 pm

masterking wrote:
i dont play halo so i dont know much about it (i dont like that stly, more of a killzone or cod person) but is halo not dead after reach, with the deal bugie will have no time, and the likely hood that somebudy can make a halo game as good as them is small.

343 industries is suppose to have some key bunjie halo guys.

Last edited by arnt god of war on Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:38 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
masterking wrote:

343 industries is suppose to have some kill bunjie halo guys.

what???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" Empty

Back to top Go down

Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: