This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"

Go down 
+34
Alan1994
DominicxD
PubertyRocks
Ermac
MastarCheifz
Bubz0rz
Spartan v07
DarK
XboxxBeastXX
Blixtstorm
am203
M3A7L04F
Arbiteris
Stigma
Alice
Stoney
mikenuge
nalin41
Gibbon_Master
Invincible
Master_Chief
Noelol
masterking
Doominator99
gamer22
Blackou7
ghost23
arnt god of war
Madtoker
343_Guilty_Spark
lightlamp
DemonWolf
popjack88
GeneralMLD
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:11 pm

Gotta love it when two people almost no one here even knows start duking it out in a thread.

However MGS4 is not a Halo Killer, The PS3 sales in Mid 2008 were around 20 million. The 360 sales around End of 2007 were around 20 million. End of story.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:22 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Gotta love it when two people almost no one here even knows start duking it out in a thread.

However MGS4 is not a Halo Killer, The PS3 sales in Mid 2008 were around 20 million. The 360 sales around End of 2007 were around 20 million. End of story.

there are many things you are not consittering. like halos markiding. the fact that the 360 was the only consule with a real install base at the time and that halo and gow are the only 360 games that sale like that.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Invincible wrote:
If Metal Gear 4 didn't outsell Halo, I doubt 5 could. It might sell just as much but not 2x.

at the time the ps3 install base was very small compared to now. so it would sale more then halo if not 2x the amout. Wink
No it won't, Halo appeals to more people like it or not, some people just want to play a game to shoot random stuff so its easier to get into than Metal Gear. Plus many people will not force their friends to get MGS to play with them most likely they will lend the game out once they finish it, equaling lower sales.

no halo for a group of people who dont like story. btw mg whould sale 12 million if it came out today and had been out as long as it has been so far.
You have to understand plenty of people just aren't into Metal Gear. These days not everybody wants to play a game for the story, or even understand it for that matter. People rather just have action, action, action without a story. And some people actually enjoy halos story, while others just pop it in for the multiplayer. But that's all from me enjoy.

I play Halo for its story.Its story is actually pretty popular.It has spawned many novels and comics
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:29 pm

masterking wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

there are many things you are not consittering. like halos markiding. the fact that the 360 was the only consule with a real install base at the time and that halo and gow are the only 360 games that sale like that.

The 360 had the same install base as MGS4 when Halo 3 came out. MGS is not as popular as Halo and probably never will be. Not to mention that there have been more MGS games. And what's wrong with marketing? It's a business tactic, Sony could have done the same with MGS4.

Okay most other games don't sell as well as Gears or Halo but what of it? They are the 360 Juggernauts they are meant to sell like crazy. And games like Fable, Forza, Mass Effect and others outsell most PS3 exclusives anyways.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:30 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Invincible wrote:
If Metal Gear 4 didn't outsell Halo, I doubt 5 could. It might sell just as much but not 2x.

at the time the ps3 install base was very small compared to now. so it would sale more then halo if not 2x the amout. Wink
No it won't, Halo appeals to more people like it or not, some people just want to play a game to shoot random stuff so its easier to get into than Metal Gear. Plus many people will not force their friends to get MGS to play with them most likely they will lend the game out once they finish it, equaling lower sales.

no halo for a group of people who dont like story. btw mg whould sale 12 million if it came out today and had been out as long as it has been so far.
You have to understand plenty of people just aren't into Metal Gear. These days not everybody wants to play a game for the story, or even understand it for that matter. People rather just have action, action, action without a story. And some people actually enjoy halos story, while others just pop it in for the multiplayer. But that's all from me enjoy.

I play Halo for its story.Its story is actually pretty popular.It has spawned many novels and comics

i have read some of the books. they are poorly wighten, very bad story for the most part and pore charictoration.

any way, id say 80% of halo players dont play for the story. 60 persent dont understand the story. and 39 dont know there is one lol.

btw even bugin admits that the story is not that great, and it is all around gameplay. the game is almost all done before the story is put in.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:32 pm

im not here to bash halo , im here to talk about gow3(not god of war lol, though i like god of war a lot.)

lol, so you can tell this is working out (lol)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:33 pm

masterking wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Invincible wrote:

i have read some of the books. they are poorly wighten, very bad story for the most part and pore charictoration.

any way, id say 80% of halo players dont play for the story. 60 persent dont understand the story. and 39 dont know there is one lol.

btw even bugin admits that the story is not that great, and it is all around gameplay. the game is almost all done before the story is put in.

1. Halo CE sold 6.43 million units. MGS4 sold 4.76 million units. A launch title and first in the series outsold the 4th main installment to a franchise that was also released a year and a half later than the launch title. The PS3 has a bigger community than the Xbox did yet Halo still outsold MGS. And Halo CE on Xbox had no multiplayer LOL!

2. When the hell did Bungie say Halo had a bad story?
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
masterking wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Invincible wrote:

1. Halo CE sold 6.43 million units. MGS4 sold 4.76 million units. A launch title and first in the series outsold the 4th main installment to a franchise that was also released a year and a half later than the launch title. The PS3 has a bigger community than the Xbox did yet Halo still outsold MGS. And Halo CE on Xbox had no multiplayer LOL!

1. thats mosly becase of diversity in the maket.

2. a little bit ago, dont remeber when for sure.

plus im frends with some of the people of at bungin.(a reson i dont care to much for bashing on the game.)
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:43 pm

masterking wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
masterking wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Invincible wrote:

plus im frends with some of the people of at bungin.(a reson i dont care to much for bashing on the game.)
Quite contradicting when your bashing it. Also people dont like metal gear because its 30 minutes of cut scenes to every 10 minutes of gameplay(what ive heard from oh everyone not just on here)
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:48 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
masterking wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
masterking wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Alice wrote:
masterking wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Quite contradicting when your bashing it. Also people dont like metal gear because its 30 minutes of cut scenes to every 10 minutes of gameplay(what ive heard from oh everyone not just on here)

no, thats not right more like 20 minutes of gameplay and 30 min to 2 hours cut seen lol.

im not the bigest mgs fan to be hounest but its a good game even with the cut seens.

why its how i feel, i am very good frends with the people at bungie but i dont like halo. but from wat iv seen there new game will be much better(not reach)
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Rule # 6
the game must be called "Halo Killer"
LOL if that happens
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:41 pm

KZ just needs the sales
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 pm

am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

and the online player count, and the replayability
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:26 pm

am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Another thing that should be added is the "future" fact of Halo Killer.

Crysis 2?

Crysis made a weird plot with both games (1 and Warhead), so I guess they could make a mission with the captain... or what he is... (not Nomad).

I dont think you could call MW2 a Halo killer... since its "realistic....ish"
You need space ships to contend with Halo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:01 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

and the story, and the setting, and the characters
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:28 am

ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

and the amount of lights and the amount of bugs and the amount of bullets it takes to kill each person and the...
seriously u guys keep this simple

gameplay
and the amount of people that play online

should be the only factors
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:08 pm

There probaqlly wont be a "Halo killer" for a VERY long time.Neither will there be a "Half Life" killer is a VERY long time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

Hey now, KZ is a great game.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:17 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

LOL! I know man, I know.
I'm just saying though that Halo has that gameplay which so many developers aspire to achieve. Killzone is no doubt an excellent game but Halo's addictive and appeals to mass audiences. A lot of people were put off Killzone 2 for controls or movement or something. Halo never seemed to have a problem like that and just offered everything a fps needed and a lot more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:21 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

LOL! I know man, I know.
I'm just saying though that Halo has that gameplay which so many developers aspire to achieve. Killzone is no doubt an excellent game but Halo's addictive and appeals to mass audiences. A lot of people were put off Killzone 2 for controls or movement or something. Halo never seemed to have a problem like that and just offered everything a fps needed and a lot more.

Yeah, I know.
Back to top Go down
XboxxBeastXX

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:13 pm

ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

Lol. Halo and story don't belong together. Ive read STD pamphlets with more story structure then that pile of shit.
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:15 pm

XboxxBeastXX wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

Lol. Halo and story don't belong together. Ive read STD pamphlets with more story structure then that pile of shit.

Fuck off you 4 chan retard.Take your epic raid elsewhere faggot
Back to top Go down
XboxxBeastXX

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Andrei Rianofski wrote:
XboxxBeastXX wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

Not even. Halo has no story. It was a generic fps at BEST. There are soooo many more Shooters with actual story in them. And better gameplay.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:27 pm

XboxxBeastXX wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:
XboxxBeastXX wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

demondragondude wrote:
am203 wrote:
KZ just needs the sales

And the gameplay?!

Not even. Halo has no story. It was a generic fps at BEST. There are soooo many more Shooters with actual story in them. And better gameplay.

saying AAA franchise sucks makes u looose all credibility.

No story? tell that to the 6 novels, graphic novels and fucking excyclopedia. The story is so vast you cant even begin to imagine.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"   Criteria to be a "Halo Killer" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Criteria to be a "Halo Killer"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: