This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA

Go down 
+2
arnt god of war
Wolfshiemhere
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA Empty
PostSubject: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:34 pm

When many PC gamers hear the name CCP they immediantly think of two things, the Soviet's CCCP and one of the most helpful, brilliant game companies out there, the creators of EVE Online, so it would come to a surprise of many people out there if I said that their next project is a console-based FPS with RTS and MMO elements based around the same universe, using the MAG server infrastructure.
Welcome to DUST 514

DUST 514 has been kept quietly in the ears of EVE fans, seeing as it directly relates to them. DUST's gameplay and ordinantes can be commanded by EVE players.
With the new expansion pack of EVE Online that has just come out, planets are now a territorial asset that can be fought over by corporations for resources and with the release of DUST 514, you will play a mercenary with the ability to fight for either team on any sector of any planet with weapon and vehicle variations for every race. I will say, however, that neither game is hoping on the other's success. EVE Online will have a normal way to take over planets and Dust 514 with have an NPC-based developing political story (And seeing it's from CCP I can imagine it keeps growing, seeing as the EVE Online story is still developing after 6 year)
A CG trailer (not unlike the first KZ2 trailer) was released some days ago showing an open battlefield, vehicles on the move, and two massive Mobile Command Centers (which you see floating from the sky in the above picture) in battle with one another. Many players have called it a mix between Halo and Killzone 2 in terms of atmosphere and style... I like to call it Battlefield 2142-style.
Little is known about the gameplayand how it'll run. Here is what we know so far:

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:35 pm

-Player limit between 64 to 256
-Levels will be 5km in size at the largest
-The FPS model is only a small part of the gameplay. There is a huge RTS element controlled by those battling with the Mobile Command Center that has yet to be fully seen.
-Reporters who have gotten their hands on the flying vehicles said it feels like a flight simulator with each race holding their own type of vehicles.
-As a Mercenary, yourself as a Duster will recieve money for doing your job by (NPCs, if you're playing a basic game) or actual EVE players. Actual EVE players are not allowed to view the battle (same with Dusters not being able to look out at EVE players) but EVE players are allowed to view the end battle results and players' performance so they can handpick players for contracts and get into direct "money talk" with players.
-EVE contractors can pay extra to make sure the mission is done right and pay for special vehicles to be on the field but theyre in limited supply
-There is no classes in the game. You build yourself from the ground up in anyway you like using the money from war time. You can personalize your vehicles as well same as EVE ships, with low, medium, and high slots.
-Confirmed vehicles are tanks, hover ships, jeeps, dropships, mechs (f**k YES), and many anti-air stationary vehicles.
-There has been no actual word on how to game runs and what they do to balance the players. I have my hopes, seeing the company, but there is no clear answer.
-Unlike the CG trailer, there is actually ironsights upon zooming (once again, not unlike the CG KZ2 trailer)
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:36 pm

While not fighting, you won't be taken out of EVE world experience by being placed in matchmaking or many menu screen but rather your main menu is you playable inside an orbit "Dusters' Quarters" which is seperated by servers but can allow other players to be invited in, immediantly making them part of your immediant team once you start a game, much like Personal Spaces in Home, and not just menu screens do you have but the Quarters is actually fairly spacious. The menus are all on holograms in a room with a window overlooking your last attacked planet or view the digital sandbox playing a random game for you in the middle of the room.
In the back rooms you have the hangar, which not only is it just beautiful to look at, but is your primary place for customizing yourself and your vehicles, and you have a trophy/stats room which you can brag about when your friends are invited over.

I haven't said the best news of all. This game will be released for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 hosted by CCP's server structure, with their own DUST 514 account allowing Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 players to play and work together with their PC user contracts without any monthly payments. Microtransactions have been announced to be the best way to pay for the game and unlike most FPSs, this game will not sport small payable DLC upgrades for maps but rather each DLC pack they will release will be full blown expansions.

Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:38 pm

nice was trying to hype this a while back
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:49 pm

They couldn't think of a better name for the game?
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:51 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
They couldn't think of a better name for the game?
Heh, not too catchy I know. Might be a working title.
For now I just call it Dust
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Interesting....

If Huxley never comes out and this comes to 360, I may pick it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:37 pm

I'll pick this up when it gets released. I forgot about this game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Im not an EVE player butive watched my bro's roomate play in many times.EVE is a great MMO(one of the best ive seen).This was an excellent idea.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Interesting....

its xbox and ps3 only
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:26 am

arnt god of war wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Interesting....

its xbox and ps3 only

Xbox? Not Xbox 360? Oh that's a shame. Nevermind.

jk Wink
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 am

Oh a quick question, will it have an online fee (other than XBL gold)?
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:24 am

demondragondude wrote:
Oh a quick question, will it have an online fee (other than XBL gold)?
Nope and with all hopes it won't even need a Gold membership.
If it did require it that would be pretty shit for Xbox gamers then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA   DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA Empty

Back to top Go down

DUST 514: THE GREATEST GAME IDEA
Page 1 of 1