This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform

Go down 
+5
343_Guilty_Spark
lightlamp
dreadraptor85
hatmantc
Master_Chief
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform Empty
PostSubject: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 pm

360 gamers would benefit from a dev like Insomniac making a game or two for thir consoles. But before you get too out their with the speculation also not he said Resistance and the Ratchet & Clank series can't be on the 360 or Wii due to Sony owning the IPs to those titles. It will be interesting to see what they do in the near future.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:26 pm

That would be cool if they did that.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:31 pm

hatmantc wrote:
360 gamers would benefit from a dev like Insomniac making a game or two for thir consoles. But before you get too out their with the speculation also not he said Resistance and the Ratchet & Clank series can't be on the 360 or Wii due to Sony owning the IPs to those titles. It will be interesting to see what they do in the near future.
First of all I haven't speculated anything so maybe you shouldnt be so quick to make assumptions. Secondly I thought Resistance 2 sucked (enjoyed the first one) and I dont care for Ratchet and Clank. I would rather see a new IP from them.
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
First of all I haven't speculated anything so maybe you shouldnt be so quick to make assumptions. Secondly I thought Resistance 2 sucked (enjoyed the first one) and I dont care for Ratchet and Clank. I would rather see a new IP from them.

wasn't refering to you I was refering to th people that would skim the article and post "R&C and resistance 360 versions confirmed"
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:49 pm

hatmantc wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
hatmantc wrote:

wasn't refering to you I was refering to th people that would skim the article and post "R&C and resistance 360 versions confirmed"
Oh ok. Sorry for misunderstanding you.
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:56 pm

It's ok, I was kind of vague with my response. It was a general purpose "you" not a specific person "you"
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Correct me if im wrong but isn't insomniac owned by sony?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:14 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:

No, but their games so far have been. They could easily make a new IP, find a publisher, and sell it on all the consoles/PC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:15 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:

no they are independant and free to make games for whoever. Just like Bungie is now they have cut ties from MS
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:22 pm

hatmantc wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

no they are independant and free to make games for whoever. Just like Bungie is now they have cut ties from MS

We shall see. It's very possible that Bungie has some kind of a contract with MS, but remains indepened.

Bungie likes MS and the Xbox series of consoles. What they wanted to get away from was the pressure MS put on release dates.

Now they can do things the way they want, but I wouldn't be surprised if MS and Bungie still have an exclusivity agreement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:53 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

We shall see. It's very possible that Bungie has some kind of a contract with MS, but remains indepened.

Bungie likes MS and the Xbox series of consoles. What they wanted to get away from was the pressure MS put on release dates.

Now they can do things the way they want, but I wouldn't be surprised if MS and Bungie still have an exclusivity agreement.

and the dame thing the guy from Insomniac games was saying. They are t tied to the Sony consoles but they like dealing With Sony.

I dint think bungie is cobtractialy bound any more. If they are I think it's onlyHalo related
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Companies realize games sell MORE on 360 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Well if Insomniac made games for 360, they would actually sell. Oh snap.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Hehe well it wouldn't be a bad decision considering more 360 owners buy games than ps3 owners.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Hehe well it wouldn't be a bad decision considering more 360 owners buy games than ps3 owners.
True to the truest truth!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform   Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform Empty

Back to top Go down

Insomniac is open to the idea of making a game on a non-Sony platform
Page 1 of 1