This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Zero Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Halo Zero Review Empty
PostSubject: Halo Zero Review   Halo Zero Review EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 am

Halo Zero is a spin-off game to the Halo series. What's interesting about this game is that it's a free game and you can download it over the internet. It's a sidescroller, but it's pretty fun and enjoyable.

It takes place the events before Halo: Combat Evolved, but you play as Master Chief just like you did in Ce, 2, and 3. The story seems to be very fast-paced. Everytime you finish a level, there's a cutscene that lasts a couple of second and after that, you get like some narration to see what you're supposed to do. It's not as complex compared to the Halo games, but this is a very simple game compared to the retail games. Overall, the storyline does is job. It's there to give you all the moments where you have to fight the enemies. *I heard the storyline is heavily taken from Fall of Reach, I'm not sure though.*

Halo Zero Review 0_haloz007
This level reminds me of Truth and Reconciliation!
Halo Zero Review Hal01
Love the background of this level.

Graphics looks wonderful for a free game and not only that, the art style is cool! I really like it even though it's not really Haloish, but it's just a nice twist to it. You will see good lookin' textures and backgrounds. The sound effect are mostly taken from the Halo: Combat Evolved weather it's the music or enemies' voices. The only different sound effect is when you reload your weapons. However, the Halo: CE sounds really fit great with everything in the game, and it certainly feels like a true Halo game even though Microsoft didn't publish it or Bungie developed it.

Halo Zero Review FIFTHeLEMENT43ab046f79981
Foolish Jackal!
Halo Zero Review 0_haloz009
Master Chief doing what he does best.

The gameplay is very similar to the Castlevania or Contra games, but with a Halo twist! There's regenerative shields, two weapons slot, grenade slot, and you can melee. All the classic Halo: Combat Evolved weapons are there and they seem to be acceptingly balanced. For example, the Assault Rifle is good at mid-range, but the Pistol has more range than the Assault Rifle. The game isn't a mindless sidescroller. You will have to be cautious at times since Grunts and Elites do throw plasma grenades at you and if they do, you're dead and you have to start everything from the beginning-there's no checkpoints. However, I beaten the whole game on Heroic difficulty in about...I think 1 hour at max. IT'S VERY SHORT, but it's so fun and there's a good variety of mission. There's a mission that's similar to the Pillar of Autumn and another mission similar to Truth and Reconciliation. You also have vehicle sequences too! The whole level design is really well done in terms of the enemy placements or how the background looks to match up with the platform. The only real drawback to the gameplay department is that the controls seem to not be as responsive as I wanted it to be. Sometimes I can rush straight up and I tried to stop, but it just delays by like 1-3 seconds. It can be infuriating at times. Overall, the gameplay is really well done.

If you love the Halo games and want something different, try this game! I really enjoyed it and I'm sure some of you guys might like it. It's definitely a great game to play if you're a fan of Halo and if you like sidescrollers, this could be an interesting twist. 8/10

Halo Zero Review Cover
This should be the cover of the game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Halo Zero Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Zero Review   Halo Zero Review EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:14 am

Holy crap I havnt even played this game and I call myself the biggest Halo fan on the forum....(I am the biggest btw)

Can you give me the link to play this?
Back to top Go down

Halo Zero Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Zero Review   Halo Zero Review EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:15 pm

lol I have had this for a long time, it is like halo: 2D metroid version.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

Halo Zero Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Zero Review   Halo Zero Review EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Halo Zero Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Zero Review   Halo Zero Review EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:11 pm

looks extremely stupid...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halo Zero Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Zero Review   Halo Zero Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Zero Review
Page 1 of 1